Do we now become a “goto” destination for free agents.

billvernsays

24 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Looks at the Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay.  They all basically get super he’s to sign with their teams in the offseason because certain players want to win. 

Does Buffalo join the party where FAs will take less to play with Josh Allen? 

We have in some ways, but here's still the problem....if you are a veteran looking to sign a cap friendly deal with a competitor for a chance at a ring and both KC and Buffalo come knocking who are you picking?

I think you know the answer unfortunately.

For wide-receivers maybe....

Maybe we can get a guy that really wants a Super Bowl, but FAs will generally go to who pays 5hem the most. 

Maybe we will do good with some one year deals?

I expect the Bills to more or less be built by 5he draft now. We don't have much money and I don't see much money becoming available. This year could be the first year that we lose players. Players like: McKenzie, Wallace, Bates and Harrison P. We will start to get compensatory picks every year....We HAVE to the best at both drafting and developing top-shelf talent. Maybe the Bills surprise and gets a vet that really wants to come. Maybe both Josh and Stephon can recruit some talent?

Dont forget, UDFAs make it all the time in the NFL and those two extra low picks this year are like gold to us, imho.... much better than a UDFA a sixth rounder can really help. Honestly, I'd feel better about drafting our talent if Epenesa, Groot and Boogie showed more raw flashes.... We ABSOLUTELY NEED those three to really rise up next season and have all three beat out their draft position. IDK? Can these defensive coaches develop some talent?

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Yes, no, maybe. I would say that’s a big yes though for WRs/TEs/RBs that want to sign on for a 1 year prove it deal.

I have this funny feeling that if Brady retires, Gronk is going to play one season in Buffalo. Gronk will help bring SB victory to Buffalo and cement his legacy

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

Looks at the Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay.  They all basically get super he’s to sign with their teams in the offseason because certain players want to win. 

Skilled offensive players maybe

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

We already were...Sanders specifically said he wanted to play with Allen

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have this funny feeling that if Brady retires, Gronk is going to play one season in Buffalo. Gronk will help bring SB victory to Buffalo and cement his legacy

Interesting.  I might run with this idea.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.