With Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson and so many other talented QBs in the conference, it could be tough for Buffalo to get another opportunity like this again.

Ross Murdock

8 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills had an incredibly easy schedule this year. They had virtually the same team/coaches from the previous exceptional 13-3 season. The Bills were relatively injury free. Despite being a 3 seed, the Bills were 13 seconds from hosting the AFC title game at home, to a team the Bills would have been 7 point favorites. The QB talent has NEVER been this high in the AFC. We have Josh locked up for 8 years, but it's highly unlikely we ever get such a clean path to the Super Bowl again....  Am I wrong?   

Your wrong

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

It's Allen and Mahomes at the top of the QB summit in the AFC(hell the NFL) then Herbert and then everybody else. We'll be fine.

PLUS, it’s more than just a QB completion. I trust our GM and HC, and I’m sure they have a list of attractive options to replace coordinators as needed. We had the #1 rated defense, a great kicker and solid special teams. we have some solid young WR’s and an emerging star at TE. 

Josh and Mahomes are at the summit of the young AFC QB list (of which there are many which probably inspired the OP) but there is SO MUCH MORE. . 

Agree, we’re in good hands and will be just fine. 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Success said:

I don't even think this is the best version of the Bills we'll see.

I talked myself into the D - but that #1 rank was kind of a mirage. We still struggled to pressure Mahomes yesterday.

Not worried.  

Yup.  We knew we had the Offense… and that won’t change much for the next decade with Josh.  

This Defense, and our Coaching, we’re not “Championship Caliber”.   

Have to hope McDermott grows from this, because the reason we lost is Reid > McDermott.  

The defense cannot get worse than what we saw last night.   I don’t care about how good they are against bad offenses.  Cut the fat and let’s see what the young guys have.    

I’m far more confident in this team moving forward with some bolstering of the Offense and a young Defense with Tre White back and (potentially) a legit CB opposite him.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Didnt read it.  I disagree.  1 team on the planet beats Allen playing like that.  It was Kc.  Allen and the Bills comeback stronger.  I think Allen wins a Superbowl here in the near future.  Burrow, Herbert, Mayfield, Lawerence, Mac Jones.  Dont matter.

It was clear those are the two best QB's in the league by a huge margin. 

It is wild to me that anybody can watch last nights game and think today, "Oh no, Justin Herbert". There was literally one person in the entire world, not hyperbole, who could have beaten Josh Allen last night, and even he had to be absolutely lights out by Mahomes standards. Last nights Buffalo team plays any other team in the league and it is Buffalo by 17+ points and we are booking our AFCCCG tickets today.... No, we are booking our AFCCG tickets with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 

Edited by Mango

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Did everyone watch Josh Allen this year in the playoffs?  The kid made another huge leap.  Hands down MVP next year.

He will be a top option for SUPER BOWL MVP in Vegas, I’d guess. 

Oh, unless we listen to the “Fire Everyone” crowd.  Geesh! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

He will be a top option for SUPER BOWL MVP in Vegas, I’d guess. 

Oh, unless we listen to the “Fire Everyone” crowd.  Geesh! 

Those guys better quite down or Pegula is going to put Kevyn Adams in charge of football too. 

I don't know.  Until I see Burrow, Herbert, Jackson go into Arrowhead in that atmosphere and put on a quarterbacking clinic like Allen did literally defeating the Chiefs TWICE inside of two minutes only to have the defense go to sleep I feel very confident that Allen will win one here.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yup.  We knew we had the Offense… and that won’t change much for the next decade with Josh.  

This Defense, and our Coaching, we’re not “Championship Caliber”.   

Have to hope McDermott grows from this, because the reason we lost is Reid > McDermott.  

The defense cannot get worse than what we saw last night.   I don’t care about how good they are against bad defenses.  Cut the fat and let’s see what the young guys have.    

I’m far more confident in this team moving forward with some bolstering of the Offense and a young Defense with Tre White back and (potentially) a legit CB opposite him.  

The offenses were outstanding on both sides.  Neither defense could stop the opposing offense.  KC just had the ball last and the Bills weren't given the opportunity to play both sides of the ball in OT.   

I also have complete confidence in our offense moving forward.  We missed Tre, for certain.  Defense needs to be more physical and more aggressive moving forward.

21 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills had an incredibly easy schedule this year. They had virtually the same team/coaches from the previous exceptional 13-3 season. The Bills were relatively injury free. Despite being a 3 seed, the Bills were 13 seconds from hosting the AFC title game at home, to a team the Bills would have been 7 point favorites. The QB talent has NEVER been this high in the AFC. We have Josh locked up for 8 years, but it's highly unlikely we ever get such a clean path to the Super Bowl again....  Am I wrong?   

Yes

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The offenses were outstanding on both sides.  Neither defense could stop the opposing offense.  KC just had the ball last and the Bills weren't given the opportunity to play both sides of the ball in OT.   

I also have complete confidence in our offense moving forward.  We missed Tre, for certain.  Defense needs to be more physical and more aggressive moving forward.

We need some dogs on Defense.   

We said that about the Offense last year after this game.  Offense has elevated and is elite.  

Defenses will never stop teams like BUF or KC, but you can get guys who have an edge.  We have a group of likable guys, but nobody seems to have a mean streak.  We need some anger on that side of the ball, especially with the likely youth movement on that side of the ball coming this year.  

I thought we had it given the physicality we brought Week 5, but they reverted back to allowing the offense to dictate to them the game.   

That final point makes me worry that the mentality comes from top down.  

• Like (+1) 1

Trying to look at this realistically.

The Bills will probably win the East every year for the foreseeable future, so at worst, they'll be in the same spot they were this year: at least one home playoff game.

In the West, the Chiefs have to deal with the improving Chargers and plucky Raiders. And after they just set an NFL record by hosting their fourth consecutive AFC Championship Game, the law of averages suggests that's probably not going to happen for a fifth time in a row.

In the South, I see a lot of meh. The Titans were flukes this year.

In the North, those teams will continue beating each other up year after year. I don't think there's clear separation.

The Bills' outlook for 2022 and probably beyond is very good. They really need to take advantage and actually get that 1 seed. If not, they'll still have at least one home playoff game and a chance to go on the road for the rest. With a top-2 QB, they'll have a shot every year for the foreseeable future.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.