Superbowl Party on Hold????

Billsfan1972

So who else does a Superbowl Party?  Have done a small one with friends for years.  Not huge, but love prepping and seeing the guys (kids come too).

Had them over yesterday for Superbowl lite (spouse away).

After yesterday I'm conflicted and don't want to do it.  No interest in the prep and clean-up.

I will watch some next Sunday, but really right now don't care.

Anyone else do something for the Superbowl and now cancelling?   

Edited by Billsfan1972

Probably watch the NFC game. No interest in the AFC as I don’t want Burriw to have e. A shot before Josh and despise the Chiefs. Super Bowl I don’t know . Ugh the watch to root against AFC and maybe pull fir Stafford. I like San Fran but probably will skip it. Just too painful this year because I really believed it was ours this time. 

Yes, every year and it’s a whole thing. Last night I said I’m not doing it this year. I represent the menus from each team. I can’t even think about spending the time and money around another KC menu for the 3rd year in a row.  Im so tired of their food and their team. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

no guests over unless they are old bills friends who just want an excuse to get together....not that excited but my family treats it like a national holiday and we will make food to commemorate the occasion. I'll watch for the commercials but no rooting interest unless its the bungles (dream in Muppy)

m

Edited by muppy

I usually just order pizza and wings but nothing major

Just now, 716er said:

Hard to fathom caring at all about this today.

Most heartbreaking sports loss I can remember last night.

Must not have been around for the first SB loss

Do what is right for you. Some years my wife and I have done a bunch others we just sat by ourselves for the game.

With how yesterday finished and my feeling the winner probably takes the crown I don't have the heart to watch the rest of the playoffs knowing it should've been us. If we turn on the SB it is going to be more for halftime then anything.

31 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

So who else does a Superbowl Party?  Have done a small one with friends for years.  Not huge, but love prepping and seeing the guys (kids come too).

Had them over yesterday for Superbowl lite (spouse away).

After yesterday I'm conflicted and don't want to do it.  No interest in the prep and clean-up.

I will watch some next Sunday, but really right now don't care.

Anyone else do something for the Superbowl and now cancelling?   

I do one every year (have watched every SB since 1993 with the same core group of friends at my place)...I will this year too...but I am pretty uninterested in whatever else happens....Chiefs/Rams might actually be a good game, but it is going to take a while to get over that thing last night. 

Last season ended with a big disappointment too...but they made it further than I had ever dreamed, and that game wasn't even really close... I suspect, in a few weeks, I will get over it, but right now, the thought of pretending I give a ***** if the Chiefs, Rams, Bengals or 49ers win a championship is not something I am looking forward to.

Edited by Buftex

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.