Josh Allen end of season press conference & other player media sessions

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean they are 1A and 1B at this point. Allen is every bit as good a Mahomes and showed it yesterday.

Yup...Allen deserved better. He put this team on his back.

Sure, on the field, they’re equals.  Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is winning. Until Josh beats Mahomes in the playoffs and wins a SB, he’s trailing the race to be the best 

• Disagree 5
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure, on the field, they’re equals.  Unfortunately, the only thing that matters is winning. Until Josh beats Mahomes in the playoffs and wins a SB, he’s trailing the race to be the best 

Josh doesn't play Mahomes. Our defense does and them and the coaching staff have a lot to answer for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I’ve never been one of the ones screaming to fire McDermott but if I watch him coach scared against KC one more time. Last year it was timid offense and this year timid defense. KC was getting chunk play after chunk play and we never even tried anything else, no blitzes or anything. It drives me crazy that he always says “we’ll learn from this” but he never learns. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Exactly. Manning was a great QB but would anyone say he was on a par with Brady?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Josh doesn't play Mahomes. Our defense does and them and the coaching staff have a lot to answer for.

I hear ya.  I agree…..josh is as good if not better……but when you talk about who’s the best…..you have to win a super bowl and you can’t let the  incumbent “best” qb beat you in the playoffs every year.   This isn’t my opinion.  This is just the way it is.  Like it or not

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

McDermott with his non answer about 13 seconds last night made me furious!  You don't get to answer that way!  You $#!+ the bed, and so did your D coordinator!  Be accountable!  Just sick about it...

If you think McDermott doesn't hold himself accountable for failures, then you must not pay close attention to the type of person he is.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, McBean said:

I’m sad.

So sad.

I don't know......  I was sad after the loss last year.  It's different for me this year.  I'm not sad.  I'm pissed off.  Any common sense at the end of that game last night and we're getting ready for the Bengals here for a chance to go to the Super Bowl.  But the coaches did EVERYTHING wrong after our go-ahead TD and if they would have done just 1 thing right, everything is different today.

So yeah.....I'm not sad this year.  I am very mad and angry.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  I agree…..josh is as good if not better……but when you talk about who’s the best…..you have to win a super bowl and you can’t let the  incumbent “best” qb beat you in the playoffs every year.   This isn’t my opinion.  This is just the way it is.  Like it or not

I don't know. Kelly beat Marino more often than not, but lots of people rank Marino ahead of him. Then and now. Of course, Mahomes is fantastic. I have no problem with anyone who says he's the best. But if I have to start a new team and pick one player, I'm taking #17. 

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Exactly. Manning was a great QB but would anyone say he was on a par with Brady?

some fans are blinded by their fandom and facts. Some are just blinded by how amazing Josh is.  I’m the guy that calls him a god.  I know how good he is. I know he’s equal to Mahomes on the field.  I also know that WINNING MATTERS.  You can’t expect to be known as “the best” when you don’t win and the “other best qb” has won a super bowl and has ended your season 2 years in a row.  That qb is going to be universally known as “better” regardless of how good each qb actually is.  Gotta win

• Agree 1

All of our players should boycott the Pro Bowl, screw that alternate nonsense... No reason to risk injury.  Not when they should be on the way to hosting the AFCCG here in Orchard Park, except McJauron...

Just now, NewEra said:

some fans are blinded by their fandom and facts. Some are just blinded by how amazing Josh is.  I’m the guy that calls him a god.  I know how good he is. I know he’s equal to Mahomes on the field.  I also know that WINNING MATTERS.  You can’t expect to be known as “the best” when you don’t win and the “other best qb” has won a super bowl and has ended your season 2 years in a row.  That qb is going to be universally known as “better” regardless of how good each qb actually is.  Gotta win

Yeah except his coach ended his season, Mahomes just the guy who benefited from it.

5 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All of our players should boycott the Pro Bowl, screw that alternate nonsense... No reason to risk injury.  Not when they should be on the way to hosting the AFCCG here in Orchard Park, except McJauron...

Yeah except his coach ended his season, Mahomes just the guy who benefited from it.

If I was Josh I would be very tempted to tell them where to shove it, if he's asked. Take a break and regroup.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

I don't know. Kelly beat Marino more often than not, but lots of people rank Marino ahead of him. Then and now. Of course, Mahomes is fantastic. I have no problem with anyone who says he's the best. But if I have to start a new team and pick one player, I'm taking #17. 

I’m taking josh too ……those are different things.  

The world knows that josh is an unbelievable transcendent QB.  We know that he’s as good as Mahomes.  We have him for the next decade+.  What else really matters?  It’s hard to make an argument for Josh being “better” than Mahomes until josh has won something other than our hearts. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.