Isaiah McKenzie aka, Lil Dirty, sounds like he’s moving on

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

those mean old stupid coaches benched him when he's the "best player on the team"

You purposefully left out the "with the ball in his hands" to twist what I said

Meanwhile, McKenzie had 20 receptions for 178 yds which is 9 ypc, plus 9 rushes for 47 yds which is 5.2 ypc or more than Breida, and the same number of fumbles as Breida.  But "he's nothing more than a gadget player"

SMDH.  Where is the logic? 

Breida had more yards per touch and yards per game than McKenzie. He did more with the opportunities he was given. You just cherry picked certain numbers to support your point. 

But if you want to have a man-crush on an underutilized Bills player

Are you Breida's mom or his agent or something? 

Gotta remember to throw in some snide remarks because heaven forbid I gave a football opinion that you disagreed with. 

6 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Ehhh, it may or may not. He’ll definitely test the open market for sure like last year, but I don’t feel like his value at WR has increased. If he was unhappy with last years offers, this years won’t be any better.

He could probably get a better opportunity to prove himself elsewhere. 

Certainly with Gabe Davis now demanding touches.

35 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Grass ain’t always greener on the other side. I think they cut Beas and try to get a deal with McKenzie done. He’s a special player and was a big part of this offense down the stretch. 

29 touches all year.  plus 10 in the postseason.

Not really....

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because that's exactly what Beasley is - he's just a guy and always has been. On top of that he's extremely expensive on a cash strapped team (we save over $7M by cutting him), and he's old.

He's the definition of a cap-casualty

Also, Kupp in his worst season was better than Beasley's best.

1 hour ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

He's just a guy. He had just under 1000 yds last year for a Division winner who went to the AFC championship. His career #s are similar to Kupps prior to this year. Kupp had a good year when they went to the SB, but otherwise similar. 

The Kupp-Beasley comparison is Looney Tunes, I love it.

Beas is going to be 33 and he's down in nearly every single statistical category this year despite having an absolute beast at QB. Take a look at some of the other  undersized slot receivers when they enter their 30's, the dropoff is sudden. Anyone who watches the A22 will tell you the explosiveness is not there anymore. Sanders and Beas are going away, it's time to get younger at the position. 

Go after Berrios, Godwin, draft Jameson Williams if he falls to us, etc, but get someone young who can gel with Josh for the next 4-5 years.

23 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Why?

Isn't Daboll the guy who has underutilized him the last few years?

On one of the Bills' podcasts, they were mentioning how tight McKenzie is with Daboll and that it was more about McD's lack of faith that led to his lack of usage.

I definitely think McKenzie is going to get a decent contract with the Giants, assuming Daboll goes there.

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s inevitable but it still sucks.

No choice but to trust the FO will bring in “the next guy” where all the holes open up. The bad news is it will hurt us badly because we have a good team. The good news is……we have a good team. 

9 minutes ago, Lothar said:

On one of the Bills' podcasts, they were mentioning how tight McKenzie is with Daboll and that it was more about McD's lack of faith that led to his lack of usage.

I definitely think McKenzie is going to get a decent contract with the Giants, assuming Daboll goes there.

What are they going to do with Toney?  He has the same role as McKenzie. 

Im more than willing to see what the asking price would be if they want to move him.  

Just now, QCity said:

The Kupp-Beasley comparison is Looney Tunes, I love it.

Beas is going to be 33 and he's down in nearly every single statistical category this year despite having an absolute beast at QB. Take a look at some of the other  undersized slot receivers when they enter their 30's, the dropoff is sudden. Anyone who watches the A22 will tell you the explosiveness is not there anymore. Sanders and Beas are going away, it's time to get younger at the position. 

Go after Berrios, Godwin, draft Jameson Williams if he falls to us, etc, but get someone young who can gel with Josh for the next 4-5 years.

The Kupp was merely that they were both dependable slot receivers. Obviously this year Kupp became #1 and had an MVP type season. I got inundated with Beasley haters after the comp. If you want a guy like Godwin, you're in a different stratosphere money wise. Williams will not be available. Trust and toughness along with availability means a lot more than age to winning football teams. Ask Rogers above demanding Cobb back,or Woods in LA.

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMHO, McKenzie is one of those "replaceable" guys that the Bills keep trying to replace - and failing to find a better option.

This season, Breida and Stevenson were supposed to replace him.  How'd that work out?

Without reading all the pages (currently up to page 7, and this is my first time reading the thread)

I totally agree. Lots of teams will try to get cute and save a little bit of money or just think they can "improve".

Then half way through the season, they wonder why the flowers in the locker room are dying (that guy would water them each week LOL) and why the gate never gets locked at night (he was also doing that too).

29 minutes ago, Estro said:

He'll be a Giant, so will Levi Wallace. I expect a lot of poaching by Schoen (and likely Daboll) to occur.

Plus if BD or LF get hired (or both), we could see up to three teams poaching players away.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

What does this mean?  Daboll calls the O.  He’s in charge of how he’s used, minus ST.  Isaiah dug his own ST grave.  

May be true, but doubt McKenzie sees it that way.  Likely he blames Mcd.  McD's comments after the one game where he kind of called out McKenzie also didn't help.  So wouldn't be surprised if he is all in on moving on even if means taking a little less money. 

IMO be surprised if he's back, but hope he is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.