Isaiah McKenzie aka, Lil Dirty, sounds like he’s moving on

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Any time he's been used he produces. For whatever reason we don't use him. Like Bates. 

Like I said, he's been a decent player and probably has the potential to do more. Probably should have done more quite frankly but there there were many mouths to feed here and this coaching staff seems to gravitate towards giving veterans as much playing time as possible even when there are younger, better players available.

But to assume he's going to go from an average of @ 25 catches/200 yards/1 TD per season and even double that is wishful thinking even in an offense that gives him more snaps. If he were to do that though either in Buffalo or elsewhere it's another major indictment on this coaching staff.

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I thought Stevenson would be the replacement for Beasley at some point. People are shitting on him about the return game but we know nothing about him as a WR at this point. Which is no surprise after injury and having McKenzie with more experience in that roll at this point. McD loves experience. 

I like McKenzie and think we’d be fine if we let Beasley go to free cap space. If anybody doesn’t think he can do it go back and watch the Pats game 2021 and Dolphins game 2022. Kid makes plays. He’s be learning under Beas for 3 years now, he’s ready. 

I could be wrong but I think they drafted Stevenson to be that speedy deep threat WR we lacked after we parted from John Brown.

The problem I have with Stevenson in the return game is that he seemed to lack field vision and cutting ability, which is something you can show in any aspect of the game.  Guy without field vision or cutting ability is not a guy who's gonna play in the slot.  Miles to go there. 

The guy you draft in the 6th is typically a guy who doesn't have a complete game and who is expected to need a couple years of development, so I'm sure he'll come into camp.

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be wrong but I think they drafted Stevenson to be that speedy deep threat WR we lacked after we parted from John Brown.

The problem I have with Stevenson in the return game is that he seemed to lack field vision and cutting ability, which is something you can show in any aspect of the game.  Guy without field vision or cutting ability is not a guy who's gonna play in the slot.  Miles to go there. 

The guy you draft in the 6th is typically a guy who doesn't have a complete game and who is expected to need a couple years of development, so I'm sure he'll come into camp.

So you are basing everything on his return game. 😂 Coming out of college his vision with the ball in his hand was one of his strengths. We’ll see I guess. I’m not saying he’s the answer but I always thought that’s what they would be hoping for him.  Just think it’s funny people giving up on a WR because of a shaky rookie season returning punts. 

50 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Jesus Christ you twisted "he's produced when used" into something completely different. 

This is what you said: "What does Cole Beasely have to do with McKenzie producing when on the field? Cole Beasely being good doesn't mean that McKenzie has to be bad. That's not how this works. McKenzie can be used in different ways and there's room for both on the roster if the cap allows"

I was responding to what you said in the post I quoted, not to something you said several posts back.

What do you think the rules are, you get to keep adding discussion, but folks talking with you are performing some sort of annoying lambada if they don't stay back?

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This is what you said: "What does Cole Beasely have to do with McKenzie producing when on the field? Cole Beasely being good doesn't mean that McKenzie has to be bad. That's not how this works. McKenzie can be used in different ways and there's room for both on the roster if the cap allows"

I was responding to what you said in the post I quoted, not to something you said several posts back.

What do you think the rules are, you get to keep adding discussion, but folks talking with you are performing some sort of annoying lambada if they don't stay back?

What was the point of you replying to me in the first place? You didn't add anything either way just made a statement that could be true of anyone. When I questioned that you said(paraphrasing) the good needed to outweigh the bad. I proved that the good does in fact outweigh the bad. Then you change the conversation to what diggs says about Cole Beasely. I don't care what is said about another topic when that's not what's being discussed. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

What was the point of you replying to me in the first place? You didn't add anything either way just made a statement that could be true of anyone. When I questioned that you said(paraphrasing) the good needed to outweigh the bad. I proved that the good does in fact outweigh the bad. Then you change the conversation to what diggs says about Cole Beasely. I don't care what is said about another topic when that's not what's being discussed. 

image.thumb.png.5f1ecd39d90ff5fc968cdf61cc0c52b8.png

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/24/2022 at 1:00 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe but Ive followed him on social media enough and listen to his weekly podcast to know he says things the way he says them for a reason. The Bills don’t seem to value him. So logical assumption, but anything can happen. 

And Coach McD has talked consistently about improving oneself and accountability.

He may not be accepting the blame for mistakes he made and that is the disconnect.

I have been fan of his since almost when he got here.

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

I thought Stevenson would be the replacement for Beasley at some point. People are shitting on him about the return game but we know nothing about him as a WR at this point. Which is no surprise after injury and having McKenzie with more experience in that roll at this point. McD loves experience. 

I like McKenzie and think we’d be fine if we let Beasley go to free cap space. If anybody doesn’t think he can do it go back and watch the Pats game 2021 and Dolphins game 2022. Kid makes plays. He’s be learning under Beas for 3 years now, he’s ready. 

McKenzie getting benched speaks loudly to me. Yes, he's a good player but to me he's just a guy. I have no issues moving elsewhere including developing Stevenson more.

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I would love it if the Bills went after Wan’Dale Robinson the WR from Kentucky. He is Lil Dirty + Beezer all wrapped up in one. He is that explosive slot receiver that we need on offense.

He could be on a short list of 3rd round targets. The key is finding guys who can get seperation and/or short area quickness vs long speed imo. 

Edited by The Jokeman

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He could be on a short list of 3rd round targets. The key is finding guys who can get seperation and/or short area quickness vs long speed imo. 

They see him as a bottom of the 2nd round kind of guy. I’m not sure if he will be there in RD3, but he’s an incredible talent and would give us a bonafide slot receiver behind Diggs and Davis. I would love to see Beasley mentor him for a year before his contract runs out.

Just now, Victory Formation said:

They see him as a bottom of the 2nd round kind of guy. I’m not sure if he will be there in RD3, but he’s an incredible talent and would give us a bonafide slot receiver behind Diggs and Davis. I would love to see Beasley mentor him for a year before his contract runs out.

Diggs and Davis definitely guys for the outside. Beasley in the slot is good if healthy. Stevenson isn't a bad WR when he played either. I just think we have higher needs than WR even if McKenzie leaves.

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

I approve of this plan.

I think Beasley may be a cap casualty, however.  Did you hear Beane's presser?  He "can still play in the NFL"  He'll "continue to play in the league"  "He's still under contract to us, we expect him back"

He sounded...unenthused.

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Diggs and Davis definitely guys for the outside. Beasley in the slot is good if healthy. Stevenson isn't a bad WR when he played either. I just think we have higher needs than WR even if McKenzie leaves.

I think we better address receiver even if McKenzie is brought back.  Beasley is 33 and either his play is really falling off, or he got injured and played through it.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I approve of this plan.

I think Beasley may be a cap casualty, however.  Did you hear Beane's presser?  He "can still play in the NFL"  He'll "continue to play in the league"  "He's still under contract to us, we expect him back"

He sounded...unenthused.

Injuries catching up with Beasley but love him extended at reduced cap hit. Yet not sure we would with his age.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I approve of this plan.

He sounded...unenthused.

I think we better address receiver even if McKenzie is brought back.  Beasley is 33 and either his play is really falling off, or he got injured and played through it.

I'm okay with a depth/developmental WR in Round 3-7.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Mac Jones without an OC. That said without McDaniels it's going to see what happens to Pats O going forward.

If rumours are true and McKenzie is pissed off because he was benched after fumbling, Pats probably ain’t the spot for him

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BananaB said:

If rumours are true and McKenzie is pissed off because he was benched after fumbling, Pats probably ain’t the spot for him

True, I could see McKenzie in a team with a young QB with questions in their top 3 WR group. Chicago was interested last year, new GM/HC but still good team fit IMO or maybe the Lions, Jets or Jags.

Edited by The Jokeman

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I approve of this plan.

He sounded...unenthused.

I agree that Beasley is towards the end of his career, but can he still move the chains? I would say so. Should he be a focal point in our offense? Probably not, but if he takes a pay cut and wants to stick around as a depth piece I’d love to have him. He’s probably good for 40-50 catches. 

Keep in mind that he’s a smart player and he has solid hands and is an excellent route runner and Allen knows him and trusts him and they have chemistry together. I’m pretty sure Allen wants him back and that counts for something.

Anyways, I’m not a mind reader, but if I had to read between the lines and make a guess, I would think that Beane is posturing towards Beeze to take a pay cut if he wants to stay. I think what ultimately determines the outcome is the bottom line financially for both parties. If Beasley thinks he can get more money elsewhere, he’ll leave. If he thinks he can’t? He’ll stay. We all know he’s lost a step, but there is still value there at the right price. Also, if our #1, #2 or #3 WR goes down, he would be a nice safety net for Allen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.