Isaiah McKenzie aka, Lil Dirty, sounds like he’s moving on

YoloinOhio

I'm hoping they can keep him. The Bills need speed. I don't want to see them lose a speed player that they would also have to replace just to get even. That said, money is going to be tight and there may well be other, more significant, uses for it. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Diggs and Davis definitely guys for the outside. Beasley in the slot is good if healthy. Stevenson isn't a bad WR when he played either. I just think we have higher needs than WR even if McKenzie leaves

In no way will Stevenson ever amount to anything, he’s terrible. If Stevenson is starting for us in any way we are in trouble. Wan’Dale is a potentially elite slot WR.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The other viewpoint is, the offense has only 1 first round pick invested in it (2 if you count Diggs) vs 7 or something like that on the D

Maybe it's time to put a bit more investment into the offense.

Micah and Jordan aren't getting younger. It's a tough as we really in the last year or two to likely be at this level unless Josh keeps at his current pace and defense can be middle of the road or better. On offense I want a RB1.

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

In no way will Stevenson ever amount to anything, he’s terrible. If Stevenson is starting for us in any way we are in trouble. Wan’Dale is a potentially elite slot WR.

I'm not calling for Stevenson to be a starter this in 2023 but 2024 he could. 

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Micah and Jordan aren't getting younger. It's a tough as we really in the last year or two to likely be at this level unless Josh keeps at his current pace and defense can be middle of the road or better. On offense I want a RB1.

They were both incredible this year. Poyer and Hyde are probably the best safety tandem in the league. They feast on QBs like a school of piranhas out there, 10 INTs between the two of them, that’s very uncommon in the NFL to have that level of production.

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

They were both incredible this year. Poyer and Hyde are probably the best safety tandem in the league. They feast on QBs like a school of piranhas out there, 10 INTs between the two of them, that’s very uncommon in the NFL to have that level of production.

I know but father time catches up with everybody eventually. I'm looking at 3 years down the road as to me that's when you can fairly grade drafted players.

21 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

I'm hoping they can keep him. The Bills need speed. I don't want to see them lose a speed player that they would also have to replace just to get even. That said, money is going to be tight and there may well be other, more significant, uses for it. 

This is basically where I am.  If we "feel the need for speed", keep all you can.  OTOH, I'm not persuaded by McDermott's words that they truly believe McKenzie can run all the plays that Beasley can.  I think if they did, McKenzie might actually have seen the field for a couple games when Beasley is nursing sore or cracked ribs, or a broken fibula.  So what's McKenzie's role?

You really need your #5 and #6 WR to play Teams, and it's optimal if actually #3 or #4 do it.

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I know but father time catches up with everybody eventually. I'm looking at 3 years down the road as to me that's when you can fairly grade drafted players.

To me, I think CB, OG, LB and NT are our biggest needs. Especially corner, give me a corner over a safety in a NY minute.

Picture this, Levi Wallace is a FA, spotrac is projecting his yearly salary to be around $9M/yr. Do you want Buffalo to sink that much money into a player of that caliber? Look what you’re getting! Draft a CB RD1, preferably someone with the last name Elam or Booth Jr. 

OG is also a big need as well. I love me some Bates, but if we get a killer guard we can cut Feliciano and free up some cap room.

And btw, not to skip over your previous post on Stevenson, but the guy doesn’t look fit for the NFL. I think he’ll be out of the league in 2-3 years. Hopefully he sticks around long enough to get a pension. Didn’t he fumble the ball in the playoffs?

14 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

so either Isaiah is trying to get one last favor from Bills mafia or he is open to returning. Either way, he has been a good Buffalo Bill and he does have nice dance moves .. so a little support would not hurt. Isaiah did retweet this .. so it is a legit favor request.

Aguanile is a banger.

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

To me, I think CB, OG, LB and NT are our biggest needs. Especially corner, give me a corner over a safety in a NY minute.

Picture this, Levi Wallace is a FA, spotrac is projecting his yearly salary to be around $9M/yr. Do you want Buffalo to sink that much money into a player of that caliber? Look what you’re getting! Draft a CB RD1, preferably someone with the last name Elam or Booth Jr. 

OG is also a big need as well. I love me some Bates, but if we get a killer guard we can cut Feliciano and free up some cap room.

And btw, not to skip over your previous post on Stevenson, but the guy doesn’t look fit for the NFL. I think he’ll be out of the league in 2-3 years. Hopefully he sticks around long enough to get a pension. Didn’t he fumble the ball in the playoffs?

I remember Stevenson in the preseason doing well. He also showed seperation I'm regular season. As a KR he struggled but wasn't horrible all the timr. I agree with your draft needs and throw in RB1 I'm there too. At OG we let Feliciano go and find a solid depth guy as Bates and Williams were great down the stretch.

I bring up Hyde and Poyet as think if improve CB2 it makes S less important so we can afford for them to slip as they age.

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I remember Stevenson in the preseason doing well. He also showed seperation I'm regular season. As a KR he struggled but wasn't horrible all the timr. I agree with your draft needs and throw in RB1 I'm there too. At OG we let Feliciano go and find a solid depth guy as Bated and Willis were great down the stretch.

Bills fans have an amusing infatuation with UDFA/7th picks at WR. First it was Martin Nance and then that DaRick Rogers guy. How often does that work out? I’m not saying it never happens, but it’s like finding a needle in a haystack. I think Stevie Johnson is the only one that I can think of in recent memory that actually panned out.

I think WR is a huge need for this team as well, the only reason I didn’t include it in our draft needs is because I think Buffalo needs to go here in FA. I’ll admit that there’s a few guys I’m salivating over in the draft, mainly that kid from USC and that kid from Kentucky, but WR typically has a steep learning curve and I think that there’s some really quality plug in play guys in FA that would provide us with great value financially and could provide us instantly with a high level of production.

I think that Buffalo should ultimately go corner and OL in the draft, mainly because we can free up big money here by cutting Feliciano and by not overpaying an average corner like Levi Wallace big money.

I would also argue that a solid LB is a necessity as well. I like the Tindall kid from Georgia, he’s probably a big upgrade over Edmunds, Klein and Matekavich and we would be paying him a lot less money and we could hopefully free up even more cap room here as well.

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

If rumours are true and McKenzie is pissed off because he was benched after fumbling, Pats probably ain’t the spot for him

I think McKenzie recognized the benching as something he needed to improve from.

What I think McKenzie is salty about is not getting more opportunity to play. 

I think he feels he can start in the slot, or at least share more snaps.  If the Bills keep Beasley and Dorsey/Brady (if he's passing game coordinator) see McKenzie the same way and the Bills keep Beasley, McKenzie owes it to his NFL career to find a team that will give him more opportunity.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Bills fans have an amusing infatuation with UDFA/7th picks at WR. First it was Martin Nance and then that DaRick Rogers guy. How often does that work out? I’m not saying it never happens, but it’s like finding a needle in a haystack. I think Stevie Johnson is the only one that I can think of in recent memory that actually panned out.

I think WR is a huge need for this team as well, the only reason I didn’t include it in our draft needs is because I think Buffalo needs to go here in FA. I’ll admit that there’s a few guys I’m salivating over in the draft, mainly that kid from USC and that kid from Kentucky, but WR typically has a steep learning curve and I think that there’s some really quality plug in play guys in FA that would provide us with great value financially and could provide us instantly with a high level of production.

I think that Buffalo should ultimately go corner and OL in the draft, mainly because we can free up big money here by cutting Feliciano and by not overpaying an average corner like Levi Wallace big money.

I would also argue that a solid LB is a necessity as well. I like the Tindall kid from Georgia, he’s probably a big upgrade over Edmunds, Klein and Matekavich and we would be paying him a lot less money and we could hopefully free up even more cap room here as well.

I agree WR take time to develop which looking for Stevenson to do nut all for adding a guy to the mix too but again not top 3 round pick. If we could get a guy like Jamison Crowder on a cheap deal I could see cutting Beasley and use savings on a veteran DT for rotation and ot replace Star. Yet Crowder injury history is risky.

I 100% agree on CB2 and OL depth. LB depth nice but maybe find a cheaper AJ Klein type and draft Rinds replacement next year.

45 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

All kinds of late round WR picks go on to have decent careers in the NFL, not just Stevie Johnson. 

You normally see these guys turn up more on a team with solid QB play, something Bills haven’t had in many years but have now. 

Edited by BananaB

On 2/8/2022 at 11:58 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

But your assessment of Beasley is just as bad as someone comparing him to Kupp.  Cole has been more than just a guy...hes been the best or one of the best slot and 3rd down WR's in the NFL a lot of his career.  If you think that is something anyone can do, then you don't understand football enough to even discuss it.

He is an exceptional route runner, he is almost impossible to cover 1 on 1 out of the slot, and he has excellent hands.  Not to mention, he is a tough player too despite his small stature.  He is a third down conversion waiting to happen.  He has made so many critical 3rd downs for us its almost impossible to count.  Plays other guys couldn't have made, including a lot of incredible catches, YAC where he fought his way to the first, etc.  

This is the NFL, this isn't fantasy football where the only WR's that matter are the ones with the most gaudy stats.  Cole plays an important role for the Buffalo Bills and has always produced when called upon.  People want to dump on him because they incorrectly think he "lost a step" this year because his stats were not as big as last years.  Well neither were Diggs...why...because our recieving weapons were much deeper this year and Josh spread the ball around.  Not because Cole suddenly wasn't as good.  

Cole is no where near a JAG player.  McKenzie is a JAG, Cole is one of the best slot receivers in the game period.  

None of this is true, but ok. I shouldn't be surprised that you're @ me with an axe to grind. Should I be paying you rent?

For all the talk about how good Cole's hands are, he has crushing drops at inopportune times. He gets credit for being tough because he's always hurt. I'm not sure it's a good or a bad thing that he plays through it. He had a career year at age 31 and wasn't a critical player his first 7 years in the league. We've turned him into something, but I believe it's a system role that a ton of players could fill with the kind of volume we push him, especially now that he appears to lost a significant bit of quickness and speed.

He ranked int he 50s this year in catch percentage and yards, in the 100s for YAC, 48 in 1rst downs, top 45 in drops and ints against, he had a single TD, 172nd in passer rating when targeted, and it goes on and on and on.

Whatever you think he maybe once was, he clearly isn't anymore. He's not a bad player, but if you can't replace him (especially at his cost), you aren't that good at finding talent in my book.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.