Isaiah McKenzie aka, Lil Dirty, sounds like he’s moving on

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well he’s technically not on the team as a UFA. He deleted that tweet though for some reason.

What tweet? The one in your OP is still up and he's added these.

Edit: nevermind it's not showing up for me anymore

Edited by Process
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

29 touches all year.  plus 10 in the postseason.

Not really....

I’d take him over Beasley heading forward. Lack of touches has to with playing behind a proven player. Something McD likes. Look at the oline, he can’t get it figured out until enough injuries force better guys in. McKenzie’s game against NE was better then any game Beas had all season and it was his only real opportunity. Difference between Beas and the Oline the as he was still doing his job where the oline just sucked

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

I’d take him over Beasley heading forward. Lack of touches has to with playing behind a proven player. Something McD likes. Look at the oline, he can’t get it figured out until enough injuries force better guys in. McKenzie’s game against NE was better then any game Beas had all season and it was his only real opportunity. Difference between Beas and the Oline the as he was still doing his job where the oline just sucked

Beasley is a dependable receiver.  McKenzie is an occasional receiver.

It's Daboll calling the plays, not McD.

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The list of UFA WRs this year is eye opening 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/wide-receiver/

its all dregs.  There's nothin on that list I would want, except maybe Chris Godwin (TB) or Mike Williams (LAC).

Davante Adams isnt going anywhere that Aaron Rodgers isnt.    JuJu is a knucklehead, and OBJ is the anti-process player.

5 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

its all dregs.  There's nothin on that list I would want, except maybe Chris Godwin (TB) or Mike Williams (LAC).

Davante Adams isnt going anywhere that Aaron Rodgers isnt.    JuJu is a knucklehead, and OBJ is the anti-process player.

Chark is interesting.  Underachieved in that system with all the dysfunction...fast af, not a bank-breaker.  Has shown he has game breaking abilities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It's unlikely the Bills keep both Beasley and McKenzie.  Between the two, age and versatility tips my preference to McKenzie.  Stevenson is also a consideration.  His reps were somewhat limited this season and he made an error here and there, but he was a rookie.  I think he has plenty of untapped upside.

It could be so, but I think people are over-interpreting a tweet of Thanks to Josh Allen.

McKenzie still sounds pretty invested in the Bills:

Ty Dunne's piece about McKenzie  revealed that after being a mediocre HS and college student, he now reads all the time, including the psychology texts he didn't read as a student, so he knows whereof he speaks.

• 2 weeks later...

so either Isaiah is trying to get one last favor from Bills mafia or he is open to returning. Either way, he has been a good Buffalo Bill and he does have nice dance moves .. so a little support would not hurt. Isaiah did retweet this .. so it is a legit favor request.

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/24/2022 at 12:52 PM, Chicken Boo said:

As well he should.  He gets very little usage here, even after making the most of his opportunity in the NE game a few weeks ago.

That game showed he was real viable option in lieu of Beasley. He certainly looked much quicker and displayed good hands.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:36 AM, filthymcnasty08 said:

Chark is interesting.  Underachieved in that system with all the dysfunction...fast af, not a bank-breaker.  Has shown he has game breaking abilities.

I'd love Chark in our offense. 4.35 Speed. Definitely add that over the top speed everyone has been calling for in our wr corps. Plus, I think he could be really really good in our system. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, dje85 said:

I'd love Chark in our offense. 4.35 Speed. Definitely add that over the top speed everyone has been calling for in our wr corps. Plus, I think he could be really really good in our system. 

I liked him for the bills going back to the draft. I remember reading about him and thinking he fit the McDermott DNA.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I trust that Beane and McDermott know what they're doing.  It's not like McKenzie is irreplaceable.

When Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson were not retained a couple of years ago some thought that the Bills may have made a mistake.

What's been the trajectory of their respective careers?

Goodby John Brown, hello Sanders.

If you're worried about losing these role players, don't buy the jerseys!

Other than Josh, Stephon, Tre'White, Poyer, Hyde, Milano, Knox, Dawkins, there are only a handful of other players on the Bills' roster that couldn't be replaced quickly through the draft and FA. 

McKenzie's skills are valuable, but not unique.

It would be a shame for us to lose the self-described 'face of the franchise', but Josh's escalating salary will make for some tough decisions in the coming months and years.

Edited by SoMAn
forgot to add someting
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.