With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Point is that one player was an active tackling machine with zero question about his conditioning..........the other was a 45% of snaps rotational player with modest production and concerns about conditioning. 

But if nothing negative comes out about him and he's on the board late in the 3rd round like Phillips then that pick makes sense.    Fit right into that rotation as a cheap 40% snap guy for a few years.    My guess is he doesn't fall that far unless a medical or character issue gets exposed but at 360 one or the other might just pop up.   Last thing the Bills need is a Mekhi Becton situation with their #1 pick right now.   

Round 1 is for money down players and players who can win outside in one on one positions..........Davis is neither of those at this point.

We can agree to disagree. If Davis played in the PAC 12 his stats would be 2-3x what Phillips were. 
The other UGA DT Devonte Wyatt sounds more like the size you prefer. Again, huge upgrade over Phillips. The knee for Phillips scares me. 
Not sure what “Money Down” player means, but the league is about passing and stoping the pass. Dlineman must be considered here when you run a 4-2-5 and want pressure from your 4 lineman. Having an even more disruptive DT to go with Oliver means the tackles are left one on one with your Ends. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

If Davis played in the PAC 12 his stats would be 2-3x what Phillips were. 

The other UGA DT Devonte Wyatt sounds more like the size you prefer. Again, huge upgrade over Phillips. The knee for Phillips scares me. 
Not sure what “Money Down” player means, but the league is about passing and stoping the pass. Dlineman must be considered here when you run a 4-2-5 and want pressure from your 4 lineman. Having an even more disruptive DT to go with Oliver means the tackles are left one on one with your Ends. 

So you are saying that Davis would have had 200-300 tackles 35-51 TFL and 15-22.5 sacks in his senior year if he played at Stanford instead of the more modest 32/5/2 stat-line he had at Georgia?  

Imagine how much better he would have been than Aaron Donald if he had played at Pitt then.    Cuz SEC is better than ACC, amirite?   Josh Allen would have probably never gotten off the bench if Stetson Bennett were ahead of him at Wyoming on accounta' Bennett winning a national championship playing in the SEC.

You sir, clearly have a loose screw for Georgia players. :lol:

We can agree that defense in the NFL is primarily about stopping the passing game........something that Davis hasn't shown he is exceptional at in the NCAA..........so if you need a 360 pound guy with some ACTUAL history of rushing the passer in pro football..........just collect Jordan Phillips back off the waiver wire and ink him for league minimum after Arizona cuts him in March.

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So you are saying that Davis would have had 200-300 tackles 35-51 TFL and 15-22.5 sacks in his senior year if he played at Stanford instead of the more modest 32/5/2 stat-line he had at Georgia?  

Imagine how much better he would have been than Aaron Donald if he had played at Pitt then.    Cuz SEC is better than ACC, amirite?   Josh Allen would have probably never gotten off the bench if Stetson Bennett were ahead of him at Wyoming on accounta' Bennett winning a national championship playing in the SEC.

You sir, clearly have a loose screw for Georgia players. :lol:

We can agree that defense in the NFL is primarily about stopping the passing game........something that Davis hasn't shown he is exceptional at in the NCAA..........so if you need a 360 pound guy with some ACTUAL history of rushing the passer in pro football..........just collect Jordan Phillips back off the waiver wire and ink him for league minimum after Arizona cuts him in March.

Nah, I just know how important Dline is and UGA has a couple of guys on it that will be good in the pros. Wyatt might slip to the second round. You are infatuated with Davis’ size. Do you think Doyle is to big to play offensive tackle?
The biggest difference between 2020 and 2021 regarding the D was the addition of Star and the emergence of Phillips after he got fully healthy from his second ACL tear. 

2 hours ago, LifeLongFan said:

Our top Priority should be LB Devin Loyd from Utah  - We need speed at Linebacker and this guy is a game wrecker!  We would most likely have to trade up 5+ spots to snag him!

Wrong and wronger! 

Taking a LB of all things with a first round pick is foolish; trading UP to get him would be doubling down on stupidity.

Never trade up unless you are moving to the top of the draft to take what you believe to be your franchise QB.

We already have that; we should be trading DOWN all over the place for MORE picks and using them shrewdly to take under-evaluated talent.

Turn 3 picks into 5 if you can.

I do love the idea of trading Edmunds, if you can actually get a team to dance with you.

Not sure you can.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Wrong and wronger! 

Taking a LB of all things with a first round pick is foolish; trading UP to get him would be doubling down on stupidity.

Never trade up unless you are moving to the top of the draft to take what you believe to be your franchise QB.

We already have that; we should be trading DOWN all over the place for MORE picks and using them shrewdly to take under-evaluated talent.

I do love the idea of trading Edmunds, if you can actually get a team to dance with you.

Not sure you can.

Wasn’t Salah gushing about Edmunds this year?   Get Joe Douglas on the phone.  

Edmunds seem well respected by coaches throughout the league.   I don’t know if it’s evaluation based or just sheer respect of his freak physical stature. 

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Wrong and wronger! 

Not sure you can.

If you trade Edmunds, you open up a huge void on the defense and drafting one in the premium rounds.     I would like to trade down and garner more picks.  

7 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Nah, I just know how important Dline is and UGA has a couple of guys on it that will be good in the pros. Wyatt might slip to the second round. You are infatuated with Davis’ size. Do you think Doyle is to big to play offensive tackle?
The biggest difference between 2020 and 2021 regarding the D was the addition of Star and the emergence of Phillips after he got fully healthy from his second ACL tear. 

Tommy Doyle doesn't have a 300 gallon stomach like Davis...........and he was also a 5th round pick not a 1st rounder.

And blocking the man in front of you is a lot less physically demanding than rushing the passer while pushing thru double teams and then chasing the QB and ball carrier sideline to sideline and downfield................no offense to you being a former OL of course but there is a reason you don't see many successful DL the size of offensive tackles.    

And the biggest difference to the D in 2021 was that the LB's were healthy all season.    They were really banged up in 2020.    Next was improved pass pressure and overall run D.   Ed Oliver made a big jump in impact.    As did Phillips later in the season.   Greg Rousseau actually tied for the NFL lead in run stops.   Addison was a much better version as well.    Lotulelei contributed in his 8 starts but he was only really a big positive in a handful of games early when he was able to really rush the passer after getting his weight down to 305 on his long vacation.    He missed the opener with a leg injury........then missed more time later with another muscle injury..........then he got Covid........then missed time late for personal reasons.........wasn't a good or particularly impactful season at all for Star.     

• Disagree 1

I liked Jordan Davis until I watched Bills/Chiefs.  

What he’s going to do in that game?   Dude would be on oxygen when we need him most.  

Everyone points to Tampa Bay wrecking the Chiefs in the Super Bowl, but that happened with a beat up Chiefs OL and Mahomes on a gimpy foot.  We trying to get our Vita Vea because of that?

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Wrong and wronger! 

Not sure you can.

Love the never trade up take, Steelers will forever regret trading up for S Troy Polamalu.

The Bills need playmakers/difference makers.

This team has enough solid, assignment-sound players (especially on defense). What they lack is skill players on both sides who can lift a team to victory by virtue of their sheer athleticism.

HOF cornerback Darrell Green was the last player taken in the first round. Green had 54 interceptions and 6 TDs in his career. When he wasn't making splash plays he was shutting down receivers.

Tyreek Hill was selected in the 5th round.

I think the Bills are solid and competent enough through their roster that they can shift their philosophy towards more explosive, high-ceiling players.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just rechecked the way too early mock drafts that have come out since the game on Sunday - looks like the way too early consensus is the Bills need a CB or IOL 

CBS - CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson

DraftTek - LB Nakobe Dean - Univ of Georgia

Flurry Sports - IOL Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

Walter Football - LB Damone Clark - LSU 

The Sports Bank - WR Drake London - USC

SI - CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

Border Fuel - IOL Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

NFL Bucky Brooks - CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

Game Haus - RB Isaiah Spiller - Texas A&M

Draft Countdown - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

CBS - CB Daxton Hill - Michigan

Sporting News - CB Trent McDuffie - Washington

PFF - CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson

Pro Football Network - S Jaquan Brisker - Penn State

NFL Mocks - IOL Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

NFL Spin Zone - CB Trent McDuffie - Washington

College Football News - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

That CB 9x, IOL 3x, LB 2x, WR 1x, RB 1x and S 1x

15 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

We can agree to disagree. If Davis played in the PAC 12 his stats would be 2-3x what Phillips were. 

The PAC-12 isn't as bad as you think it is. This is the sort of thinking that makes teams shy away from Justin Herbert because he was a PAC-12 guy instead of an SEC guy. There are tons of good HS players on the west coast and they tend to stay there for college.  

Obviously the SEC is the best conference (although with regard to aggregate numbers bear in mind that they have two more teams than the PAC-12), but a bunch of PAC-12 schools have 20+ players in the NFL: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2021-09-06/nfl-players-college-2021-rosters. (Scroll down for individual schools.) When comparing the PAC-12 to the Big 10, ACC, and SEC, factor in that they have 12 schools vs. 14 for the latter three.

Edited by dave mcbride

13 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Just rechecked the way too early mock drafts that have come out since the game on Sunday - looks like the way too early consensus is the Bills need a CB or IOL 

CBS - CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson

DraftTek - LB Nakobe Dean - Univ of Georgia

Flurry Sports - IOL Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

Walter Football - LB Damone Clark - LSU 

The Sports Bank - WR Drake London - USC

SI - CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

Border Fuel - IOL Tyler Linderbaum - Iowa

NFL Bucky Brooks - CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

Game Haus - RB Isaiah Spiller - Texas A&M

Draft Countdown - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

CBS - CB Daxton Hill - Michigan

Sporting News - CB Trent McDuffie - Washington

PFF - CB Andrew Booth Jr. - Clemson

Pro Football Network - S Jaquan Brisker - Penn State

NFL Mocks - IOL Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

NFL Spin Zone - CB Trent McDuffie - Washington

College Football News - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

That CB 9x, IOL 3x, LB 2x, WR 1x, RB 1x and S 1x

Not sure I understand anyone mocking us a LB...  McDermott plays Nickel as a base defense.  That has to be under an assumption we trade one of our linebackers, no?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Nitro said:

If you trade Edmunds, you open up a huge void on the defense and drafting one in the premium rounds.     I would like to trade down and garner more picks.  

True, I wouldn't mind drafting his replacement this year and rotate him in. I don't want to be forced to sign edmunds to a bloated contract cuz we don't have anyone else.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not sure I understand anyone mocking us a LB...  McDermott plays Nickel as a base defense.  That has to be under an assumption we trade one of our linebackers, no?

Maybe because Edmunds contract ends after next season? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.