With the 25th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

Mark Vader

53 minutes ago, Special K said:

25. Trevor Penning T/G Northern Iowa

63. Kyren Williams RB Notre Dame

89. John Metchie III WR Alabama or Cade Otton TE Washington

And what are we doing about MLB? Please tell me we aren’t rolling Edmunds out there for another year of this experiment?

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And what are we doing about MLB? Please tell me we aren’t rolling Edmunds out there for another year of this experiment?

I think the Bills are stuck with him for one more year, but yeah, I see no way the Bills should sign him to a long term extension.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Special K said:

I think the Bills are stuck with him for one more year, but yeah, I see no way the Bills should sign him to a long term extension.

I’d cut your losses now. He’s shown no development whatsoever. His freakish athleticism is simply not enough to compensate for his total lack of football instincts. He’s not suddenly going to develop them. 

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’d cut your losses now. He’s shown no development whatsoever. His freakish athleticism is simply not enough to compensate for his total lack of football instincts. He’s not suddenly going to develop them. 

If we could sucker someone into a lucrative trade🤔

19 hours ago, Simon said:

I agree he's not built like a traditional Guard, but it's not 1978 any more either. If it does turn out he doesn't have the feet to play Tackle at this level, you're not going to cut him or just stick him on the bench. He's the kind of guy you want on the field.

As for him getting murdered inside; I'm not buying that. He doesn't strike me as somebody you want to fight in a phone booth. :ph34r:

I'm willing to give him more than 2/3 of a season to prove himself at RT. He had some shaky performances but some good ones too. I mean, the leap from Northern Iowa to the NFL is huge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I'm willing to give him more than 2/3 of a season to prove himself at RT. He had some shaky performances but some good ones too. I mean, the leap from Northern Iowa to the NFL is huge.

And he didn't even play in college in 2020.

He went from a relative non-prospect to a very worthy 3rd rounder simply by working with Joe Staley.........the only game work he got was the Senior Bowl.

Pretty remarkable.    Great athlete.    Like his future if he stays hungry.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

You conveniently left out all the first and second round picks on defense. That’s my point. You literally just supported my argument by naming all those picks on offense. We spent one pick on an offensive player before the third round…unless you want to count the first (and multiple others) for Diggs. Meanwhile, we seem to load up on first and second round talent on defense. 

If that was your point, then you did not express it all too well.

There is nothing wrong with using first and/or second round picks on defense.

You may not see it that way, but let me add that a few of those mid round offensive picks(Singletary, Knox & Davis) have yielded some quality players.

Looks to me like the front office knows what they are doing.

• Eyeroll 1

I would be in favor of trading up to 15ish for impact WR or LB. Imagine a Micah Parsons impact type LB? Or maybe land the next Keuchly - thats what Edmunds was supposed to be for our defense and never was unfortunately. 

I think this team is deep enough that we can risk trading up for a stud to make a super bowl run. 

if we stay put id draft OL or CB in that spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:06 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Your 1 tech isn't a nose tackle........he still needs to be able to make plays...........Davis doesn't do that.

His 2021 production was pretty anemic actually.

14 games 32 tackles 5 TFL and 2 sacks

Harrison Phillips senior year line at Stanford:

14 games 98 tackles 17 TFL and 7.5 sacks

Phillips is a true 1 tech who is coming into his own now............they need a backup to him but they don't need to use a first round pick there.

Support the QB.........Allen can't endure the kind of beating he took running the ball that much year after year...........he needs playmakers and blocking and those take HUGE precedence over a filling a run defense role.

Comparing stats in the PAC 12 with stats from the SEC is something I won’t even engage you on.

I like Harrison Phillips, but he isn’t in the same ball park talent wise as Davis. Davis is big, fast, and agile. Now I am not advocating for Davis or a 1 tech, I know what one is btw, I played oline on the collegiate level.

Day one starters for interior oline can be found on day two and three of the draft. Bills do need line help on O and D, I can get on board with that. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

A look into the draft!

We should do everything in our Power to Trade Tremaine Edmunds for a #2/3 pick and use it manoeuvre and navigate in this years draft.  We are so close!!

Our top Priority should be LB Devin Loyd from Utah  - We need speed at Linebacker and this guy is a game wrecker!  We would most likely have to trade up 5+ spots to snag him!

We should also be looking at Dahan Dotson (WR) from Penn State- He has improved a lot and runs a 4.3  ( I will assume that we may or may not re sign Mckenzie)

In addition- another Linebacker in 2nd/3rd round we should be all over is Darrian Beavers- This guy is a beast.

WE NEED to get faster PERIOD!  All Bills Mafia are sick of seeing horrendous coverage in the middle of the field by our backers and people running down hill at them all day!  

I am ok if we need to give up some additional capital, use the pick for Edmunds to move up if need be...   2/3 of these guys would be unreallll

All (3) and I don't see us losing a game next year!   I am serious lol...... 

no champagne for the Dolphins in 2022

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/24/2022 at 3:06 PM, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

I think we're delusional if we think Linderbaum will be there. He's much much more likely to go top 10 than fall to 25.

We should rejoice if some dumb team takes a center in the top 25 and let's a player at a big dollar position fall down to us.

People need to learn that that first round pick should be a player who you can't realistically acquire for reasonable money in UFA............a guy with a $25M-$30M aav ceiling when they pan out.

No runnin' bax,  no guards, no centers,  no off-ball LB's, safeties, RT only's or run stuffing DT's..

Good players at these less expensive positions regularly make it to free agency and sign for much less than the very few good but lesser players at QB/PassRush/CB1/WR1/LT who don't get a second contract with their drafting team.

Let other teams draft those positions early and then when those players reach UFA and they can't pay them because they have to pay top dollar for distressed merchandise at actual KEY positions in UFA..........you have the money to sign a Micah Hyde or Mitch Morse if you need a stud at those spots.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

10 minutes ago, LifeLongFan said:

A look into the draft!

We should do everything in our Power to Trade Tremaine Edmunds for a #2/3 pick and use it manoeuvre and navigate in this years draft.  We are so close!!

Our top Priority should be LB Devin Loyd from Utah  - We need speed at Linebacker and this guy is a game wrecker!  We would most likely have to trade up 5+ spots to snag him!

We should also be looking at Dahan Dotson (WR) from Penn State- He has improved a lot and runs a 4.3  ( I will assume that we may or may not re sign Mckenzie)

In addition- another Linebacker in 2nd/3rd round we should be all over is Darrian Beavers- This guy is a beast.

WE NEED to get faster PERIOD!  All Bills Mafia are sick of seeing horrendous coverage in the middle of the field by our backers and people running down hill at them all day!  

I am ok if we need to give up some additional capital, use the pick for Edmunds to move up if need be...   2/3 of these guys would be unreallll

All (3) and I don't see us losing a game next year!   I am serious lol...... 

no champagne for the Dolphins in 2022

I like the Darrian Beavers choice!! Fred Warner, KJ Wright were drafted in rds 3-4. I want to get Josh more weapons in the first 2 rds

32 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Comparing playing stats in the PAC 12 with stats from the SEC is something I won’t even engage you on. It honestly erodes your credibility. 

I like Harrison Phillips, but he isn’t in the same ball park talent wise as Davis. Davis is big, fast, and agile. Now I am not advocating for Davis or a 1 tech, I know what one is btw, I played oline on the collegiate level.

Day one starters for interior oline can be found on day two and three of the draft. Bills do need line help on O and D, I can get on board with that. 

Point is that one player was an active tackling machine with zero question about his conditioning..........the other was a 45% of snaps rotational player with modest production and concerns about conditioning. 

But if nothing negative comes out about him and he's on the board late in the 3rd round like Phillips then that pick makes sense.    Fit right into that rotation as a cheap 40% snap guy for a few years.    My guess is he doesn't fall that far unless a medical or character issue gets exposed but at 360 one or the other might just pop up.   Last thing the Bills need is a Mekhi Becton situation with their #1 pick right now.   

Round 1 is for money down players and players who can win outside in one on one positions..........Davis is neither of those at this point.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

As the resident Aggies fan, it's an easy answer.

With the 25th pick, the Buffalo Bills select, DL DeMarvin Leal, Texas A&M.

On 1/24/2022 at 12:02 PM, CountDorkula said:

Jameson Williams WR - Alabama

Alabama's Jameson Williams, the projected top WR in the 2022 NFL Draft, tore his ACL last night vs. Georgia, per sources. Doctors believe that, after surgery within the next 10 days, Williams will retain his sub 4.3 speed, and they expect a full recovery.

Through 15 games, he logged 79 catches for 1,572 yards and 15 touchdowns.

He's a hot head and a player that does not fit this team.

Quite the playmaker, certainly, but he won't be a fit for Beane and McDermott.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.