THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - I've got Nuthin'

Shaw66

5 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Having a lot of trouble with this one. I know it’s still raw so that factors in but man this is just tough. I’m not going to be right for a few days that’s for sure. 

3 coaching blunders lost this game in the last 13 seconds. Inexcusable. The kickoff and then the 2 defensive play calls and schemes.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My sentiments exactly, except this was #1 because I have teenage kids now who were also heartbroken, anticipating going to the AFC Championship game with me. THat will never happen and the reason this hurts more is because the coaching threw this game away in 13 seconds while Norwood just missed. The players did not lose this game, the coaches did, and that is what is impossible to accept. This coaching staff will never win a Super Bowl, ever.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

My sentiments exactly, except this was #1 because I have teenage kids now who were also heartbroken, anticipating going to the AFC Championship game with me. THat will never happen and the reason this hurts more is because the coaching threw this game away in 13 seconds while Norwood just missed. The players did not lose this game, the coaches did, and that is what is impossible to accept. This coaching staff will never win a Super Bowl, ever.

Yeah it was a brutal way to lose and the coaches really let these players down who deserved better. Especially Allen who gave everything he had out there and put this team on his back one more time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This loss is squarely on the coaches at the end of the game and specifically McDermott/Frazier....One an ex HC and both DC.... 

The coaches have to put the players in a better position to execute and last night they did not simple as that, even after calling timeouts on both plays.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This one really hurts.  Just going through the motions at work today and will for quite a while.  I am 66 years old, and have the AFL championships that I still celebrate.  But I want the Bills to win just one Lombardi before I leave the earth, and really thought this year was the year.  And should have been but for the defense playing not to lose.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

This loss is squarely on the coaches at the end of the game and specifically McDermott/Frazier....One an ex HC and both DC.... 

The coaches have to put the players in a better position to execute and last night they did not simple as that, even after calling timeouts on both plays.

What is even more funny, if you will, is that the play to Kelce only happened because the Bills called the second TO.  Kelce noticed how they were set up and he told Mahomes if they came out the same way he would go up the seam because it was wide open.  At the line you hear Mahomes yell "do it Kels! Do it! Do it Kels!" and then snap the ball and Kelce runs up the seam with Wallace guarding the sideline against nobody. WTF.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh is the greatest QB that's ever played in Buffalo. You could argue he's the best football player in the NFL. Last night our so called #1 Defense played embarrassingly. And our coaches especially McDermott failed Josh and our offense. I need some time on this one and yes Shaw we're all numb. You only get so many SB chances.  Ask Marino

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

Meh, it was an incredible bout and the Bills lost on a coin toss.... I'm about 100% confident had it been tails, we'd be excited for next week.  The OT rule is awful, and it cut short a special night.... I hope they consider changing it.

I feel like we're just entering our window here.... while this one is disappointing, this is a game that the organization will grow from.  Maybe they won't lose to poor teams in the regular season and hurt themselves on the playoffs by being on the road... that is a big takeaway...

The Chiefs have been an excellent organization for 10+ years now... this game shows we're almost there, and we will have our run and opportunites.

I'd rather lose like that 99/100 times that get blown out, or 20 seasons with draft threads in early December.

Fix what needs fixed, get ready to kick ass next season....

Josh is special.  He'll get a ring, no doubt.

Edited by B-Large
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, blitzboy54 said:

This game for me in all time Buffalo losses

1. Wide Right

2. 13 seconds

3. No Goal

4. Music City Miracle 

Everything else

Thats just about right, but true Bills fans are resilient, and we will be back next year to cheer again even harder. Personally I've been conditioned to expect this from the Bills, but someday.....

I Don't know how the Sabres fans do it though (bless their hearts)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, B-Large said:

Meh, it was an incredible bout and the Bills lost on a coin toss.... I'm about 100% confident had it been tails, we'd be excited for next week.  The OT rule is awful, and it cut short a special night.... I hope they consider changing it.

I feel like we're just entering our window here.... while this one is disappointing, this is a game that the organization will grow from.  Maybe they won't lose to poor teams in the regular season and hurt themselves on the playoffs by being on the road... that is a big takeaway...

The Chiefs have been an excellent organization for 10+ years now... this game shows we're almost there, and we will have our run and opportunites.

I'd rather lose like that 99/100 times that get blown out, or 20 seasons with draft threads in early December.

Fix what needs fixeExcd, get ready to kick ass next season....

Josh is special.  He'll get a ring, no doubt.

Excellent comments.  Especially about the Chiefs.   They're just so good.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Excellent comments.  Especially about the Chiefs.   They're just so good.  

Organizationally, they are first class.  They just always bring in guys, at least on offense, that contribute big…. 

It will be interesting when Kelce and Hill are gone if that offense can still be unstoppable.  That is very special trio, a unique combination of elements.  

I’m biased, but I still think Allen is the more compete player.  We don’t have anyone quite near Kelce, and while Diggs is out outstanding and McKenzie has wheels, Hill is in a league of his own….. 

Man the flip of a coin…. What could have been.. 

and thanks for all the write ups… always a joy….going back to the beginning of the BBMB if I recall… 

Edited by B-Large

When Josh is playing all world like he was these playoffs, you expect the be the champion of all the world. Just so happened the other QB was also playing all world. Hurts because the O was playing like you would hope and beyond but we still couldn’t get over the finish line. 

The Bills didn’t lose because of Allen, as I see it, that game reinforced Allen >>>> Mahomes. The D/coaching lost that game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.