I want to give Oliver some props.

Ramza86

you give Oliver a sidekick inside and they will collapse the pocket and in return make the edges better.   49ers really have that with Armstead, Street and Jones those 3 collapse the pocket and then Bosa has an easier time to get to the QB cause they can't double him as the middle can sack the QB as well.

Give Oliver someone to wreck havoc in the middle 

Oliver, the only dude on that defense that can hold his head high after that game last night.  

We have our core guys.  Oliver on the DL, Milano at LB and White in the Secondary.   

Everyone else is trade bait, expendable or a luxury.  (Yes, that includes our two safeties). 

Give me a loaded Offense and a handful of guys like Oliver with some JAG’s, over a Defense with “no holes”, full of above average guys. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Yeah, Oliver in the backfield and no one else.  Still not an impact player (consistently disruptive, others game plan around), but went from average to good.  

Yeah I dont think that is what hes going to be....but I do think if you put someone at equal level right next to him on the inside or an actual great/elite pass rusher on the line, it will improve the play of everyone by leaps and bounds.

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Yeah he really came on. It's why I am preaching patience with Rousseau

Rousseau will continue to develop.  Don't forget he didn't even play football last year and came into this thing as a super raw "project".  Epenesa is the one I'm crossing my fingers will still improve. 

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Oliver definitely came on.  

We could have used a sack or pressure on that dreaded 13 second final drive.

Just needed one more player to make one more play.  The defense is good but it lacks an impact player and that shows in big games against great talent. 

We can definitely use a stud on the d-line, but to be fair we were missing by far our best defensive player for the last couple of months. If Tre was healthy yesterday we win and probably by double digits. Tighter coverage equals more pressure and sacks.

25 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Rousseau will continue to develop.  Don't forget he didn't even play football last year and came into this thing as a super raw "project".  Epenesa is the one I'm crossing my fingers will still improve. 

Absolutely. There was chatter that he Rousseau would not see starting snaps because of how raw he was.

I think, however, it's time to let Hughes walk. Love the guy, but his fued with the refs is a problem

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Oliver, the only dude on that defense that can hold his head high after that game last night.  

We have our core guys.  Oliver on the DL, Milano at LB and White in the Secondary.   

Everyone else is trade bait, expendable or a luxury.  (Yes, that includes our two safeties). 

Give me a loaded Offense and a handful of guys like Oliver with some JAG’s, over a Defense with “no holes”, full of above average guys. 

Milano looked like he was out of position on more than a handful of plays.

35 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Oliver definitely came on.  

We could have used a sack or pressure on that dreaded 13 second final drive.

Just needed one more player to make one more play.  The defense is good but it lacks an impact player and that shows in big games against great talent. 

Hughes was literally a split second from sacking Mahomes on the throw to Kelce

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hughes was literally a split second from sacking Mahomes on the throw to Kelce

Cool.  That’s like every play.  Did Mahomes get the throw off?  Doesn’t matter.  This DL are the “Kings of Almost”. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.