The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen. The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.

Chaos

11 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

A brand new “ I hate Edmunds” thread, disguised as “fun to watch” thread.  

Mods, can this be combined with the other Edmunds sucks threads. 

Reading comprehension is fun. You should try it. 

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Whatdda mean? It's fun watching him run around like the Predator, looking all scary and finishing off tackles others have made. Maybe he should get one of those invisibility cloaks too.

Predator.thumb.jpg.a81c1a57ef35657b4513103f43da7f47.jpg

He is already pretty invisible as is!  I have only occasionally spotted him in the opponents backfield.  Much more commonly spotted 5-10 yards downfield guarding the first down markers while pulling offensive lineman with him.   The age argument has gotten tired ; that he’s so young and will just get better.  Younger , recently drafted LBs ( see cowboys ) actually are impactful !  The clogging the passing lanes argument is a null argument that can never be proven.  I do know he rarely has PBU’s ( had 44 chances for at least one yesterday) and has less career ints than years playing ( or it’s very close).    Call me the next time he makes a game winning play or gets a huge turnover.

He also get much credit for getting the D aligned correctly.  If yesterdays results are an example of this required talent for our D to be successful, then the results speak for themselves as he was on the field for the “13” seconds and he was there for the overtime.  42 points , scoreboard, is what matters in assessing this #1  D.  How many can truthfully say they didn’t see this at least as a possibility after watching this d play all year. I’m not talking about “ statistically “ how they ended up ranked, but how they played at critical times as we watched them.  

They benefited from one of the Worst group of opposing QBs I can remember.   I trust Mcd because of his results.  He has gotten us to the playoffs but I think it’s fair to say he has had his share of disappointments there.  I know he knows talent better than I do. Sometimes tho as compassionate human  beings , which I know Mcd is, we are very willing to give second chances and overlook others shortcomings. In this case mcds heart may be winning over his intellect. I know he values Edmunds as a good person.  I have heard players like Fina praise how edmunds moves down the line. Yet , I have seen impactful LBs like Talley and Biscuit, who I would take in a heartbeat over Edmunds.   They were impactful , they made plays that won games for us! They played with passion and visible leadership!    I saw them do it with my own eyes;  I wish i could say the same about Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Chaos said:

The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen.  The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.  There are lots of threads praising Josh and trashing Tremaine's production/performances.   This thread is just about watching them play.   Edmunds has the praise of coaches and peers who know a hell of a lot more about football than I do.  But man, I hate watching him play.  I have never seen a player who arrives on the screen just as the play is over more often than Edmunds.   Maybe that just means he is out hustling everyone.  But it drives me nuts. 

I think what you hate is really how Frazier uses Edmunds.  They have him floating and roaming way too much off the LOS and bank on his speed and acceleration to get to the ball.  Which is why it seems he gets there later than he should.  

I would like you to see Edmunds under a new DC who tries to use those gift he has athletically and let him play a more aggressive role.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think what you hate is really how Frazier uses Edmunds.  They have him floating and roaming way too much off the LOS and bank on his speed and acceleration to get to the ball.  Which is why it seems he gets there later than he should.  

I would like you to see Edmunds under a new DC who tries to use those gift he has athletically and let him play a more aggressive role.  

You could be right. As I mentioned he has the respect of people who know more than me.  Will changing his role allow him to stop players and tackle them towards the LOS or will he always tackle them for an additional 2 yard gain? 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

You could be right. As I mentioned he has the respect of people who know more than me.  Will changing his role allow him to stop players and tackle them towards the LOS or will he always tackle them for an additional 2 yard gain? 

I don’t know honestly, but I notice they always have Edmunds playing further back a lot.  I’d just like to see a DC look at Edmunds and focus on turning him loose in a more aggressive manner like they use Parsons in Dallas.

He gets alot of hate, some of it not deserving, I definitely lash out at him probably too much, but there's no arguing we needed him to at least come up and stop the run when we really needed it and like so many times he took a terrible read and CEH absolutely gashed us for a massive gain. Buccaneers game needed a game changing stop, edmunds fills the hole and misses with an arm tackle bills lose. Hes always gonna be a good player but I think he's shown he will sometimes hurt us when we need him to make a simple play and never make a game changing play himself.

To your heading, all I have is, "yes."

The play in the 2nd quarter where he, for some reason, runs straight into the pile why Clyde-Edwards H, runs to the left and the wide-open door Edmunds just gave him and picks up 25 yards kind-of sealed it for me. I want him to be good, but there is a lack of in-game, in the heat of the moment,  situational awareness, that all great athletes have, and he does not. Yes, he has the tools, but there is a disconnect in his instinctive brain wiring, and that play right there is a perfect picture of his career.

34 minutes ago, CSBill said:

To your heading, all I have is, "yes."

The play in the 2nd quarter where he, for some reason, runs straight into the pile why Clyde-Edwards H, runs to the left and the wide-open door Edmunds just gave him and picks up 25 yards kind-of sealed it for me. I want him to be good, but there is a lack of in-game, in the heat of the moment,  situational awareness, that all great athletes have, and he does not. Yes, he has the tools, but there is a disconnect in his instinctive brain wiring, and that play right there is a perfect picture of his career.

In short, he has incredibly low football IQ.

Great athlete I'm sure, but a lousy football player.

22 hours ago, Chaos said:

The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen.  The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.  There are lots of threads praising Josh and trashing Tremaine's production/performances.   This thread is just about watching them play.   Edmunds has the praise of coaches and peers who know a hell of a lot more about football than I do.  But man, I hate watching him play.  I have never seen a player who arrives on the screen just as the play is over more often than Edmunds.   Maybe that just means he is out hustling everyone.  But it drives me nuts. 

could not agree more.  He just  never seems to make a difference when the chips are down.

After having watched the Beane presser, I would be shocked if Edmunds is here past the 5th year option without his play significantly improving. With regards to the contract, all Beane offered was “we’ll have to see how it works out” and never once said “we’d love to keep him here.” He did say Edmunds is “getting better” with his instincts, physicality, getting off blocks, and alpha male leadership, but you could tell he wasn’t happy with his overall growth.
No big money deals coming for Edmunds, from Buffalo, barring a Josh Allen-like leap.

The best thing that has been said about him (besides "He's only 21! 22! 23!) is that he takes up space in the middle of the field with his length and speed. He's certainly not a big play linebacker, a guy who can take over the game. I wouldn't say he's mediocre, but he's certainly not a blue chip player. I'd much rather have Darius Leonard, who was picked after Edmunds. That's an impact player. (Drafting Nick Chubb in that spot wouldn't have been a bad idea, either...). Is he worth the salary they'll have to pay to keep him? No. Many times over no. 

So, in the same draft, 9 picks difference....  Look at what Josh brings to the team.  Now look at what 49 brings to the team.  Can you Edmunds defenders honestly tell me that he is on par??

I stand by my 3 year comment that a street free agent could have as big an impact as 49.  He brings NOTHING to this team in terms of difference making plays. He is "a guy." 

But then again , he's only 19 so.... (sarcasm off)

On 1/24/2022 at 9:26 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

This…..

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.