The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen. The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.

Chaos

The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen.  The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.  There are lots of threads praising Josh and trashing Tremaine's production/performances.   This thread is just about watching them play.   Edmunds has the praise of coaches and peers who know a hell of a lot more about football than I do.  But man, I hate watching him play.  I have never seen a player who arrives on the screen just as the play is over more often than Edmunds.   Maybe that just means he is out hustling everyone.  But it drives me nuts. 

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Edmunds has great athletic physical skills, unfortunately his football instincts don't serve him well.  It could be Leslie Frazier's system that is not utilizing him better.

I guess we will see next year, I can't see Frazier here next year and hope he is a head coach somewhere else.  Unfortunately last nights  defensive game  plan  might  cause some teams to become less interested, we'll see.  JMTC

Edited by TAinLA
spell
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The most fun player to watch in the NFL is Josh Allen.  The least fun player to watch in the NFL is Tremaine Edmunds.  There are lots of threads praising Josh and trashing Tremaine's production/performances.   This thread is just about watching them play.   Edmunds has the praise of coaches and peers who know a hell of a lot more about football than I do.  But man, I hate watching him play.  I have never seen a player who arrives on the screen just as the play is over more often than Edmunds.   Maybe that just means he is out hustling everyone.  But it drives me nuts. 

He gets beat every game in pass coverage needs mike singletary to coach him.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

What are you talking about? He made that one really nice hit and tackle. Extend him by all means.

Even my wife, who has limited knowledge or the game, asked why # 49 looks like he's not running hard to the ball carrier.  I'm usually in agreement with the Tasker & Co on the various WGR shows that discuss Bills' football, but they continue to praise the merits of Edmunds.  IMO, he doesn't pass the eye test.  He gets blocked out of plays, takes bad angles, and often looks like he's scared to put his shoulder down and make the hit.

Opposing teams know they can run right at him and get positive yards.

He is great at being near by when another Bills defender makes the tackle. More often that not he's standing right there or jumping on top of the pile. 

The argument is that his length clogs passing lanes. So what is he, a glorified DB?  Hell, sign Manute Bol to make like a windmill.

I've stated this before: His true value could be tested in the trade market (though his contract may prevent such a move).  He was the 17th overall pick in 2018. He's still very young, but has 4 years of experience.  Are there any teams that would trade a first round pick for Edmunds? Highly unlikely, but if offered, the Bills should jump on it before the potential trade partner has a chance to review all his game film.

BTW - I believe Edmunds is smart and probably a great teammate.  It's his toughness that appears to be lacking.

On the plus side - there should be no doubt that the Bills got the best QB in the 2018 draft.

Like any player, Josh has had a few off games, but he continues to get better and better. He's reading defenses like a vet should. He's seeing the whole field. His accuracy has improved 100%. He's become the undisputed leader of the team and the chemistry and friendships are reminiscent of the ones from  90's teams.

Some of his stats have been skewed by the horrible weather conditions the Bills have endured in 2021.  He's quickly become one of the elite QBs in the NFL and we should be so thankful he's on the Bills and under contract for several more years.

Edited by SoMAn
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

What are you talking about? He made that one really nice hit and tackle. Extend him by all means.

Even my wife, who has limited knowledge or the game, asked why # 49 looks like he's not running hard to the ball carrier.  I'm usually in agreement with the Tasker & Co on the various WGR shows that discuss Bills' football, but they continue to praise the merits of Edmunds.  IMO, he doesn't pass the eye test.  He gets blocked out of plays, takes bad angles, and often looks like he's scared to put his shoulder down and make the hit.

He is great at being near by when another Bills defender makes the tackle. More often that not he's standing right there or jumping on top of the pile. 

The argument is that his length clogs passing lanes. So what is he, a glorified DB?  Hell, sign Manute Bol to make like a windmill.

I've stated this before: His true value could be tested in the trade market (though his contract may prevent such a move).  He was the 17th overall pick in 2018. He's still very young, but has 4 years of experience.  Are there any teams that would trade a first round pick for Edmunds? Highly unlikely, but if offered, the Bills should jump on it before the potential trade partner has a chance to review all his game film.

BTW - I believe Edmunds is smart and probably a great teammate.  It's his toughness that appears to be lacking.

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Is this his agent?

4 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

after several of his interviews smart isn’t one of the things that come to mind. That may be the issue. 

37 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Tremaine was drafted 9 picks after Josh. Josh was to be the cornerstone of the offense and Tremaine the cornerstone of the defense.

Josh is elite; Edmunds is mediocre ... time to move on

2 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Whatdda mean? It's fun watching him run around like the Predator, looking all scary and finishing off tackles others have made. Maybe he should get one of those invisibility cloaks too.

Looks like Tarzan; plays like Jane

• Agree 4

Id rather see him blitzing or playing man every single down. Move him over, he cant be the MLB of this team.

Watching him play zone and trying to process what is happening on the field is hard to watch. Hes always a second late to figure out whats going on.

Hes still a baby, so i wouldnt mind keeping him if we can get him on the cheap and hope he can continue to learn the game, but to pay him top 10-15 money would be absurd.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Edmunds sucks.  Our coaching staff can't evaluate talent, (look at the DL, and how long it took to play Bates).  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Edmunds is like an eye floater. He's always there, in the background, hardly visible. Once you notice him? You can't unsee him.

My wife's reaction was similar to SoMAn's. 

Wanting a fresh perspective, I asked her, "Watch the guy in the dreds in the middle of the field." 

She's like, "He's kinda running in circles" on Play 1 then "He engages with every guy OTHER than the one with the ball" then "He's kinda jogging" and then in the Fourth Quarter, he actually makes a play to stop the first down. She's like, "He just engulfed that dude".

OMG, yes, yes, yes: Edmunds is on the periphery of every play. But ... why on Earth is he not used more aggressively with those physical skills? My wife said something we've all said here: "Either he can't figure out where the ball's going or that's how the coach is using him".

Edmunds' role in 2021 was a space eater. Is that his planned role? Or are his football instincts THAT bad? 

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

A brand new “ I hate Edmunds” thread, disguised as “fun to watch” thread.  

Mods, can this be combined with the other Edmunds sucks threads. 

Where's your hall pass?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

if you don't like it, don't read it.  

It's a legit thread. Our defense just blew the game of our lives and Edmunds is at the center -- literally -- of it. 

Agree -- if you don't want to read about Edmunds go to the 1,000-plus other threads about other topics.

Edited by Just in Atlanta
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here are Edmunds stats at the end of the year:

0 sacks. 0 forced fumbles. 0 fumble recoveries.

1 interception. 7 tackles for loss.

He is soft against the run. Looks lost half the time against the pass.

No one can ever convince me this guy is a good player.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

after several of his interviews smart isn’t one of the things that come to mind. That may be the issue. 

I don't know about his smarts or lack of. My presumption is based on his role as defensive QB.  Maybe he's given that role because he's dead center in the defensive alignment and is in the best position to communicate assignments coming to him through the helmet radio.

Edited by SoMAn

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.