Thank you, Bills!

npeartisgod

Thanks for a fun season. For JA having another great year. For almost beating Brady in OT. For playing like a warrior; they WILL get you surrounded with power players! For ending the curse of the Patriots with a perfect game! For bringing good football back to Buffalo. 
I know we will win a Super Bowl in a coming season. Thanks to all of the Bills! See you

in August!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Great Post. 

Thank you Buffalo Bills. 

We can all be upset and emotional... but lets not lose sight of the big picture. We spent 20years in hell and now we have a team that every week competes, and is highly competitive. Sometimes you fall on the wrong side, but our day is coming. 

Josh Allen is a gift from the Football Gods and I am proud to be a Buffalo Bills fan today and every day. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm with you.  I know a lot of people are taking out their frustrations and want to blame someone, and that's understandable.  However, take heart, because Josh Allen will eventually lead the Bills to a Super Bowl win.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Once we get over this sting, I honestly don't think we'll see this game as one of the worst in bills history. The bills came back and took the lead. Yes, we'll forever question those last 13 seconds, but what Allen and Davis did on those last 2 tds was nothing short of miraculous. I would almost make the argument that the Houston playoff game a few years ago was worse due to the fact that we had a 16 point lead. Difference is, the expectations were so much higher this year

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

It's a lot more fun rooting for a good team than it was during the drought years.  

Of course the downside is that you either win the super bowl or watch your team lose a gut-wrenching game on a national stage.  No more relaxing week 17s (well, 18 now) where maybe we get to celebrate spoiling some other team's season but have nothing to worry about otherwise.

• Agree 1

Things get a little more challenging capwise as Josh's salary hit kicks in, but we are really in good shape here as far as talent and potential.   Some good trench play on both sides of the ball this past month, lets get a cb, mlb and edge in the draft.   Gotta keep swinging for the fences, we will get a trophy one of these days.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Josh Allen is developing into an incredible QB, these experiences, good and bad, are going to make him a H.O.Fer.  His and the Bills offensive performance last night will cause a rule change in playoff overtime that will be more equitable for all teams moving forward.

Thanks for a great season, can't wait for the next!!!

Edited by TAinLA
spell
  • Agree 1

If it's possible to look past the sheer disappointment we are all feeling I think we have a lot to be happy about.  Josh Allen is every bit as good as Patrick Mahomes if not better.  I would take that game 1 billion times over a 4-13 season and the number 4 draft pick year after year.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

I get your point but right now this feels like hell.  This fan base does not deserve this.   I was ok with a loss.  I knew that was a real possibility.   But to lose that way is not something I can move on from right now.   The QB was perfect and with the number one defense you find a way to lose still.  Can’t believe it

• Like (+1) 2

Im still broken up about the loss...Honestly because i feel terrible for Josh Allen. Guy gives everything for us and 

Mahomes plays an equally perfect game and they do just enough to squeak by.

I hope all FAs watched Allen play and will come to play at a discount.

• Agree 1

That was one of the greatest NFL games ever.  Neither team deserved to lose.  It's like two great boxers going at it, or two race horses like Alydar and Affirmed.  It hurts so bad to come so close, but the team has nothing to be ashamed of.  An instant classic

• Awesome! (+1) 2

As a Bills fan, I'm bummed about the outcome.

As a football fan, that was one of the best games I've ever seen.

As far as the season is concerned, we had our ups and downs, but we slayed one dragon by winning the division two years in a row and crushing the Pats* in the playoffs.

• Thank you (+1) 2

posts like this are puzzling.  We accomplished nothing this year as a team.  The D had holes last year, this year (but was #1 due to a soft schedule), and the "curse of the Pats**) was due to Brady, nothing else.   We were worse this year, and it's maddening.   I'm sure the Dolphins fans felt great when going to the SB with Marino as a rookie, Marino never went again and has no rings.  

This team was a major disappointment.  Allen improved, who else did?  Where were the impact players that were brought in? Edmunds continued to suck and start.  We drafted poorly.  Other contending teams still playing (LA, KC, etc. brought in impact players--not us) McD with headscratching in game decisions and a conservative defense.  If we are the 1 seed perhaps we win, (MCD is now 0-4 on the road in playoffs). 

So, thanks Allen, you were fun to watch, everyone else, you failed us.  

31 minutes ago, tomur67 said:

Yes, it hurts, but i see success in the future.  Beane will work his magic and strengthen those weak spots that will make this great team even greater.

what magic are you talking about wrt Bean?  What did he do last offseason or this season that gives you any confidence he knows how to make a great team elite?  Sure, he took a bad team and made it great (really, drafting Allen), otherwise, we got worse this offseason.  

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Here, here! great season, great games

That unbelievable WC beatdown of the Patriots was one for the ages. Then followed up by a great divisional game against a hated rival in Kansas City.

Gotta remember we screwed them back in the 90's with Marty S as their HC and Joe Montana at QB. Gotta find a way to beat them in the playoffs. Home field perhaps, those losses to the Steelers, Jags hurt that. 

Heartbreaking loss. 😭

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.