Arrowhead atmosphere

beebe

On 1/25/2022 at 2:58 PM, Dan said:

It was an amazing experience.  One that I’d do again and recommend anyone do. Arrowhead and the KC fans treated us well.  I’m just sick and damn tired of adding the ...but we lost at then end.  It still hurts. 

On 1/25/2022 at 5:29 PM, AdrianW said:

I loved the experience, Chiefs fans were amazing (most), the stadium atmosphere was great (my 1st time there) and would go again even to a non Bills game.  I hope at some point the whole tv broadcast is posted by the NFL on youtube like the Dallas thanksgiving game so i can watch it in its entirety, but not right away. I need some time and we need a rematch in Orchard Park. GO BILLS!    sorry about the big block of text

Guys thank you for your posts, @beebe thank you for the thread. 

Being not from US, my only chance to "meet" with Chiefs fans was chiefsplanet, and as many have stated that is the worst fan forum I've ever seen (and I lurk quite a lot of others occasionally). Judging just from that web, I really thought that Chiefs fans were a bunch of arrogant, entitled and generally not good people. That was additional reason for me to hate this loss - I hate the arrogance of those fans that comes with it. I know that I shouldn't care, but unfortunately I do.

But you made me feel much better about it, finding out that most Chiefs fans are nice people.

Oh and I decided not to go to chiefsplanet anymore, lol.

35 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Guys thank you for your posts, @beebe thank you for the thread. 

Being not from US, my only chance to "meet" with Chiefs fans was chiefsplanet, and as many have stated that is the worst fan forum I've ever seen (and I lurk quite a lot of others occasionally). Judging just from that web, I really thought that Chiefs fans were a bunch of arrogant, entitled and generally not good people. That was additional reason for me to hate this loss - I hate the arrogance of those fans that comes with it. I know that I shouldn't care, but unfortunately I do.

But you made me feel much better about it, finding out that most Chiefs fans are nice people.

Oh and I decided not to go to chiefsplanet anymore, lol.

Just fyi.........in my experience this board is not at all representative of the fans that actually attend Bills games either.

We have some locals and ST holders but the majority of the content and the emotion of the board is driven by ex-pats who often have a very different view of things than the people actually living it everyday in WNY.     You aren't really going to meet "TSW" at a home game.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I guess NFL rules state you have to play at KC 5 straight years before they allow 1 game in Buffalo. The NFL and their convoluted system is nonsense. 

I know what you're saying... but our guys are going to get so used to playing there that the Chefs will lose some of that homefield advantage.

I wish we had to play them again this week.  Those bastards will dread seeing Buffalo on the schedule moving forward.  I know there are no guarantees, but when our defense gets some teeth (we all know it's not where it needs to be, success notwithstanding) and we add or develop an impact TE... this is going to be the best team we've ever had.  And that's saying something.

I was in club level for Chiefs-Bills. About 45 minutes after the game, I walked out to the stands and there was one remaining fan left in the entire lower bowl of the stadium, surrounded by thousands of empty red seats, and a clean up crew a few sections over. It was a Bills fan.

He looked so, so sad. 🙁

On 1/25/2022 at 6:11 PM, beebe said:

Arrowhead and Kaufmann Stadium (Royals) were structurally built perfectly side by side so that there could be a rolling roof that slid from one stadium to the next on a track. Meaning, yes, Arrowhead could have been a domed stadium if they wanted for brutal weather games, and an outdoor stadium when conditions were nicer. And this idea was conceived all the way back in 1967. Unfortunately, the stadium construction came in over budget, and then even more over budget, so they had to cut somewhere. And the rolling roof is what was left out. 

You can see the two stadiums on aerial views here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=truman+sports+complex&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirwpPQgs71AhXQkIkEHasGB90Q_AUoA3oECAIQBQ&biw=1457&bih=781&dpr=1.8#imgrc=Bsw4zC_ouz6r1M

That's an interesting story that I've never heard, but I would love to know how the sliding roof mechanism was supposed to work! 

There is a HUGE amount of space between those 2 stadiums!  

One roof would cover one or the other stadium at any one point in time, but not both?

Do I have that correct?  

It seems like that would have had enormous, unnecessary complexity.  Seems like a goofy idea.  

Kauffman%20and%20Arrowhead%20stadiums%20

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting story that I've never heard, but I would love to know how the sliding roof mechanism was supposed to work! 

There is a HUGE amount of space between those 2 stadiums!  

One roof would cover one or the other stadium at any one point in time, but not both?

Do I have that correct?  

It seems like that would have had enormous, unnecessary complexity.  Seems like a goofy idea.  

Kauffman%20and%20Arrowhead%20stadiums%20

http://www.baseballmusings.com/archives/012537.php

Yes, it would sit in between. If you need it for baseball, slide it over to Kauffman Stadium. Need it for football? Slide it over to Arrowhead. The roof could have enabled Arrowhead to host the Super Bowl, could have enabled it to host Final Fours, conventions, etc. 

About 17 years ago, Jackson County taxpayers had a chance to vote on adding a rolling roof—dusting off the original idea from three decades earlier. The NFL promised the Chiefs a Super Bowl if it was passed. But taxpayers voted it down by less than 1%. 

Edited by beebe
edit

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I bet it was neat for the fans to watch PM run around in circles and watch the brilliant Reid and/or EB meltdown in the biggest game of the year. 

wonder what Collinsworth thought of Mahomes’s 20-yard sack on the most important play of the game? 

Magic Mountain Mahomes?

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

For anyone at the game today, how was the atmosphere at Arrowhead, especially around 6 PM?  Just curious. 

That's my BOY right there miyagi san stir that pot yo

lmaoooooooooo

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I bet it was neat for the fans to watch PM run around in circles and watch the brilliant Reid and/or EB meltdown in the biggest game of the year. 

wonder what Collinsworth thought of Mahomes’s 20-yard sack on the most important play of the game? 

He probably thought it was a really smart move and was a solid play. All joking aside, he legit probably would have had some 'he laid it all out on the line for his team and noone was open' bull####

I hope this thread has legs I think it will be healing in some sorta way LOL

did u hear he threw that pick at .13 seconds of OT...WTAF is THAT...........lol

**** *** Football gods AND Thank you KC  fans for donations to Oshei...I wont forget that. But otherwise...giphy.gif

Chiefs LOSE hahahahaaaa

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

For anyone at the game today, how was the atmosphere at Arrowhead, especially around 6 PM?  Just curious. 

I was there! First half was strange. Even as the Chiefs were dominating, it felt more like a regular season game than an AFC championship and I can honestly say I didn't take the Bengals seriously. I commented to a friend, "If I were a Bills fan, I would feel proud, knowing that the Bills and Chiefs are so far ahead of anyone else in the AFC."

Compared to the prior three AFC title games at Arrowhead, this was a distant fourth behind only the limited capacity game vs the Bills last year. The atmosphere as a whole had nothing on last week's win over the Bills either. I don't know if Chiefs fans ever really moved on from last week. Speaking for myself, I consumed entirely post-game Chiefs-Bills coverage this week and almost zero Chiefs-Bengals pregame coverage. That is not typical. 

Anyway, the 2nd half was pretty electric. The Chiefs were choking their brains out and Arrowhead was anxiety filled by early 4th quarter. All credit to the Bengals, they made plays and the Chiefs didn't. I'm sure the broadcast made Mahomes look worse than he really was. In reality, there were just never any WRs open it seemed after HT. The Bengals locked them down completely after looking overmatched in 1st half. 

As a Chiefs fan, I've endured plenty of playoff heartbreak through the years—this was the third lead of 18+ I've seen these Chiefs blow under Andy Reid alone! And yet, this was an easy loss for me to take. The Chiefs stunk for much of this year and never really seemed to have it. It's hard to get back to these games, and harder still to advance to the big one. I was also happy for the Bengals fans. Until today I don't think I'd ever met a Bengals fan. But most I interacted with were a lot of fun and they've been starved for success. Couldn't believe how many were there either.

I'd estimate they had twice as many fans there as were Bills fans in the divisional round.

Underrated fan base, and underrated team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, beebe said:

I was there! First half was strange. Even as the Chiefs were dominating, it felt more like a regular season game than an AFC championship and I can honestly say I didn't take the Bengals seriously. I commented to a friend, "If I were a Bills fan, I would feel proud, knowing that the Bills and Chiefs are so far ahead of anyone else in the AFC."

Compared to the prior three AFC title games at Arrowhead, this was a distant fourth behind only the limited capacity game vs the Bills last year. The atmosphere as a whole had nothing on last week's win over the Bills either. I don't know if Chiefs fans ever really moved on from last week. Speaking for myself, I consumed entirely post-game Chiefs-Bills coverage this week and almost zero Chiefs-Bengals pregame coverage. That is not typical. 

Anyway, the 2nd half was pretty electric. The Chiefs were choking their brains out and Arrowhead was anxiety filled by early 4th quarter. All credit to the Bengals, they made plays and the Chiefs didn't. I'm sure the broadcast made Mahomes look worse than he really was. In reality, there were just never any WRs open it seemed after HT. The Bengals locked them down completely after looking overmatched in 1st half. 

As a Chiefs fan, I've endured plenty of playoff heartbreak through the years—this was the third lead of 18+ I've seen these Chiefs blow under Andy Reid alone! And yet, this was an easy loss for me to take. The Chiefs stunk for much of this year and never really seemed to have it. It's hard to get back to these games, and harder still to advance to the big one. I was also happy for the Bengals fans. Until today I don't think I'd ever met a Bengals fan. But most I interacted with were a lot of fun and they've been starved for success. Couldn't believe how many were there either.

I'd estimate they had twice as many fans there as were Bills fans in the divisional round.

Underrated fan base, and underrated team. 

excellent post  and thank you for writing it. Twice as many Bills fans as the divisional round comment did surprise me...But really upon reflection YES their fanbase has been starved for major success and this game was to go to the super bowl......I am really happy for them ...The whole "KC was not expected to be there"  line I find very hard to swallow...what seed were they in the playoffs?

anyway Mahomes had a horrible game and KC blew their wad against the Bills. That's my take

m

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.