Provide you(r) own Hot Take Monday [edit]

WhitewalkerInPhilly

It's pretty apparent where the weaknesses are on this team they say defense wins championships well they also lose them too & they lost this one for the team .

I get it you don't want to point fingers but the guys that are paid to be that guy in crunch time need to do just that & it didn't happen & i think some of it may be the scheme on the defensive side of the ball i would rather see a Jim Shwartz type of scheme very aggressive not sit back as much .

So although Frazier is a good coach i won't be sad to see him go i think a lot of the players on that side of the ball could do the job but how they only did 2 LBers i this was more of a weakness than a strength .

Maybe this loss will help to motivate then younger players like Rouseau & Basham to be better i think they have the potential to be really good & i know Beane will be on top of the draft & get some more talent to shore up the team as he always does ! 

Every on talks about needing a FA WR i think last night showed we don't . Sanders was a none factor the rest of the WR's came through when needed they blanketed the best one we had but he earned his check when he caught the 2 pointer & if Hodgins can be developed with the others Josh will get it to them he proved that !! 

The Bills need a RB a DE along the lines of Watt & another good LBer with a D coach that is more aggressive !! 

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Here’s my hot take. Rosseau and Basham were drafted specifically for this game, but they didn’t show up. We need help at the corner position, but I’m not sold on it being a first round need. The officials don’t allow corners to play football anyway. They certainly aren’t letting us get away with anything versus KC. You need a pass rush to beat an elite QB in today’s NFL. We got to Mahomes, but not with the type of pressure that truly disrupts a QB. The Rams might have sent Brady straight to retirement with a great pass rush. Our biggest issue is the draft capital we spent on the line. I’m not sure how much more can be done to fix it. 

It's a great point...2 Drafts...One 1st and two 2nd Rd picks at DE...I just don't know how smart it is to go back to that well again...

I think they'll look for vet help on the D-Line and look to turn this Offense into a completely unstoppable force in the Draft...O-Line, WR speed, and a feature RB to push Moss out...B-)

• Like (+1) 1

-Frazier is overrated and propped up by McD, the D's talent, and Josh

-If this exact game was in Buffalo they win because of being home

-Josh will win MVP next year because he is just going to be soo damn pissed off he is taking it the distance

-Goodbye Cole, Sanders, & Hughes. We have replacements and the cap space can be used elsewhere

-If they get a true CB2 stud pass rush issues are minimized.

-BB should be the new DC... ok that ones for laughs

• Like (+1) 1

We'll buy out McFloormatt, promote Daboll, and let Frazier go.  As we silently hire Brian Flores and shock and surprise nobody.

9 hours ago, corta765 said:

-Frazier is overrated and propped up by McD, the D's talent, and Josh

-If this exact game was in Buffalo they win because of being home

-Josh will win MVP next year because he is just going to be soo damn pissed off he is taking it the distance

-Goodbye Cole, Sanders, & Hughes. We have replacements and the cap space can be used elsewhere

-If they get a true CB2 stud pass rush issues are minimized.

-BB should be the new DC... ok that ones for laughs

We'd need a pass rushing DC and McDermott doesn't pass rush which means turning the team over to Daboll and hiring Biran Flores to keep up that or Fangio.  We've gone as far as we can with preventable McFloormatt.

15 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

For me, this game was marked more by sadness than anger. Maybe it's because I'm older; I'm not so sure.  What made it worse is that I was NOT haunted by that aura of "same old Bills," in that I really did expect them to hang on. After the last GREAT TD pass by Allen, I ran upstairs and was hugging my fiancee, yelling "Super Bowl." 

The sadness and pain that I feel is not primarily self centered. It isn't even centered on Josh Allen either. At the rate he is going he is sure to be one of the all time greats, and will make hundreds of millions of dollars. The world is his.

My sorrow is for the Bills Fans in general but especially those on TSW. So many of us have so many quirks but we are legit. Look at the thought, time, money, and effort we have put into being Bills fans! My crew and I were checking the weather in OP for next week during the game. Yes, the Super Bowl was ours, or so I thought. 

I am going to stick to my guns, now more than ever. I NEVER thought I would see a QB this great on the Bills. He is easily even better than Kelly. Protecting him  and providing him with more and better weapons should be our top priorities!!!!! Will they be? I just don't know. :( They just might focus on the secondary but no matter what they do, I will still cheer for them!!!

In any event Bills Fans, walk tall. Many, many years ago, @SDSposted that he is more of a fan of Bills Fans than he is of the Bills. Seriously, this comment could really be 15 years old but I never forgot it, and I agree. 

Somehow, some day, we will get there. NOBODY deserves it more than us.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow thank you for writing this Bill. Really struck a cord. I hope we get one soon buddy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I get all the stuff about Frazier, and McD's tenacity, but my hot take is fire Daboll, today, before he takes the Giants job. 😀

Daboll is an average at best coordinator who has both benefitted from Allen's growth and success and also held him back. The play calling in the first half after the first drive was atrocious. 3rd and shorts consecutively not using Allen? One drive 3 runs and punting? If we're making better decisions there, I think the game result is different. You knew this would be a shootout and those drives gassed our defense. 

People don't give enough credit sometimes to talent gravity. Look at Brady with Belichick, he leaves Patriots universe and you can literally almost see it. Reid and Mahomes same thing, Mahomes is enough a talent where his gravity has elevated Reid, before Reid was known as a good OC who couldn't get over the hump in the conference championship games. Mahomes gave him that bump. 

Look at Daboll before the Bills; he was at Alabama who has 5-star athletes at every position and their backups! Anyone could go in there with half a brain and look successful. But look before that, 2-14 with Chiefs as OC, 6-10 with Dolphins before that, had the worst ranked offense in the NFL with the Browns before that. What changed? Has he re-written NFL offenses or has he benefitted from Allen's growth? 

McD needs to progress more into a killer mentality. Starts today by firing Daboll. Lol. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.