Fail Proof: 13 second strategy: For Dummies

dabillz

1 hour ago, dabillz said:

Scenario: Kicking off up 3 with 13 seconds left.

100% Fail Proof strategy for dummies:

1.  Kick the ball out the back of the end zone.

2.  1st down at 25 w/ 13 seconds:  Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass. 

Penalty-holding defense- 5 yard penalty-

3.  1st down at 30 with 8 seconds:. Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass.  

Penalty-holding defense-5 yard penalty

4.  1st down at the 35 with 4 seconds: Knock down the Hail Mary.

5.  Host AFC Championship vs. Bengals

6.  Win 1st Superbowl vs Rams

7.  No longer losers.

Holding you still have to stop the pass and also have to pray they don’t call PI instead and get a 30 yards down the field play. They don’t blow the play dead for D holding.  

34 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

Its not fine compared to college rules which makes it both more fair and exciting at the same time.    Its not even close.

He is a Pats fan. And an obnoxious one. He will get himself banned or suspended from posting today if I had to guess. 
I will say this. If I was a Pats fan I’d be even more concerned. The Pats aren’t even in the same league as the Chiefs and Bills and never will be with Jones.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

32 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You don't go deep coverage when a team is looking for room. 

This is a problem with old DC they don't realize prevent defense doesn't work anymore. Frazier needs to be gone and they need to get younger at the coaching area.

What do you mean it doesn't work anymore? We've been watching the Bills give up leads with the prevent defense for years now. It worked exactly like it always does.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Jeffbigalls said:

No it doesn't the rule is just fine, you gotta stop the team that wins the toss. 

I think this is an outdated opinion.  The NFL has changed all rules basically outlawing most defense.  When you get to the playoffs most teams will be competent enough to score on every drive when you have the game on the line.   Just look at the finish of every game this weekend. 

Therefore the current OT rule with the current NFL offensive push, basically means the winner of the toss wins the game. 

35 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

Your scenario would have gave the chefs the ball at our 45 with no clock or timeouts used. 

Let's do one that doesn't make us look like dummies now. 

1. Kick ball high and just short of goal line forcing a return. You know like we've done all year long. 

2. Play the cover two defense you've played all game long except only rush one or two or just have them spy the QB. 

3. Double hill and Kelce. 

4. Celebrate good times come on 

did you even read the rule?

you don't want to look like a dummy

You can tackle all the receivers once. The clock runs down during the play and you get a 5 yard penalty.

If you do it again it is a 15 yard and no time off clock.

They could have done it on first down and run however much time Mahomes allows to run off the clock. He might have run around wasting time or took off running. Time run off the clock and only a 5 yard penalty. Then they have one play left to get in fg position from their own 30. If they had kicked it off high to the 10 even more time is off the clock or worse field position.

The coaches make millions and didn't even know enough to do that. 

That was such a weak and pathetic defense. KC conceded nothing and the Bills fought for every yard down the stretch. Then the coaches just play 25 yards deep and hand them the game with virtually no resistance. These coaches embarrassed themselves for life and we will have to hear about it and see it over and over again for many years. They completely failed the team, the city and its fans. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

did you even read the rule?

you don't want to look like a dummy

You can tackle all the receivers once. The clock runs down during the play and you get a 5 yard penalty.

If you do it again it is a 15 yard and no time off clock.

They could have done it on first down and run however much time Mahomes allows to run off the clock. He might have run around wasting time or took off running. Time run off the clock and only a 5 yard penalty. Then they have one play left to get in fg position from their own 30. If they had kicked it off high to the 10 even more time is off the clock or worse field position.

The coaches make millions and didn't even know enough to do that. 

That was such a weak and pathetic defense. KC conceded nothing and the Bills fought for every yard down the stretch. Then the coaches just play 25 yards deep and hand them the game with virtually no resistance. These coaches embarrassed themselves for life and we will have to hear about it and see it over and over again for many years. They completely failed the team, the city and its fans. 

Read it again. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Read it again. 

apologies if I'm wrong but the interpretation I read earlier is the first time it's 5 yards. The 2nd time (it's still the same down) it's 15 and time back.

I've seen defenses commit multiple fouls on the same play a hundred times and that 15 yard and time put back never applied.

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

apologies if I'm wrong but the interpretation I read earlier is the first time it's 5 yards. The 2nd time (it's still the same down) it's 15 and time back.

I've seen defenses commit multiple fouls on the same play a hundred times and that 15 yard and time put back never applied.

How much time was left. This rule is to stop teams from commiting penalties to run out the clock. That's what you and others wanted them to do. That's a penalty. I've put the link in a bunch of posts. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

13 seconds that will live in Buffalo Bills infamy...

Simply...make...them...return...the...kickoff...to...eat...time...off...the...clock!

Now they might not have time to throw deep down the middle and get into a huddle to get that FG. 

The Chiefs have TWO star receivers, Kelce and Hill...double both...jam them at the line! Not hold, jam them.

2 hours ago, dabillz said:

2.  1st down at 25 w/ 13 seconds:  Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass. 

3.  1st down at 30 with 8 seconds:. Hold all eligible receivers at line of scrimmage (and don't let go) Yes, intentionally hold them before the pass.  

7.  No longer losers.

Wrong. The clock resets after a holding penalty, we wouldn't be taking time off

2 hours ago, dabillz said:

7.  No longer losers.

The first time you'd probably get away with it. The second time you likely get a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and have the clock reset under a rule implemented after 2017 where the Ravens held a team and wouldn't let them get set to snap the ball. Makes any intentional act for the purpose of running time off the clock an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty and resets the clock.

Edited by Big Turk

2 hours ago, Xwnyer said:

Maybe go for 2 make them score a TD to beat y! Sure you miss they can win with FG but than ya employ the don’t let him get free mode

I honestly thought about this, but won’t fault them for not doing it.   Isn’t that similar to what the Bengals did a few weeks ago?.. not exactly the same, but they risked the safe bet to avoid giving Mahomes a chance. 

Our defense literally played defense like the Chiefs needed a TD, so I guess we might as well have tried to make that so. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.