Why All The Clean Releases For Kelce and Hill?

Bleedbuffaloblue

Josh and his O pretty much did what I expected (I predicted 35 points). I’ve been ambivalent about the D all year but I truly believed that they would step up enuf to get a few stops so that we could outscore KC (knowing that Mahomes was going to get his share of points). Needless to say I have a hard time finding excuses for what seemed to me to be coaching errors in the last 13 seconds. I’m really eager to see how KC does now going forward. Bengals have a lower rated middle of the pack D and will be playing the same venue. If they outperform us I will be inclined to conclude that there is something wrong with our coaching on that side of the ball, either philosophically/scheme wise or possibly even talent evaluation wise.

7 hours ago, Billl said:

Because the alternative is giving credit to the other team, and obviously that’s not an option.  Kelce and Hill only combined for 41 catches and 536 receiving yards in the last 2 playoff games against the Bills so it can’t be that they’re just HOF caliber players who made HOF caliber plays.  It must be that the DC of the number 1 defense in the NFL is a bad coach.

The Chiefs held our WR1 to seven yards. Are we really going to just accept that our coaches can't figure out a way to scheme their defense to keep the opposing WR1 to less than 20x that number? Give me a break. 

Some team is going to figure out how to effectively double team Hill and we'll just have spent years making excuses for why it's impossible to cover a guy who is 5% faster than the other elite athletes on the field. 

And before you say, "well double teaming Hill means their other receivers will be 1on1..." Good! I'll take Gabe Davis against Byron Pringle all day long and straight to the Super Bowl.

Oh, and by the way, our TE1 was held to 9 yards. So the Chiefs' defense held our top two weapons to 16 yards and our #1 defense let their top two weapons get 246 without even putting up a fight.

Edited by MPT

Something just didn't seem right. Part of it almost seems rigged. There is just simply no explanation for the type of coverage we played in the final 13 seconds. It just clearly doesn't make sense and McDermott won't really explain much of anything about it. We gave up 44 yards on 2 plays in 10 seconds and the Chiefs have 3 timeouts still. None of it makes sense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.