Why All The Clean Releases For Kelce and Hill?

Bleedbuffaloblue

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The point is....Davis was an unknown.   Take away the star power and force the other KC WRs to pick up the slack.  

Davis is an unknown? 😂 the guy has been making big plays all year.  And even if he is an unknown (which is absolutely false) they forced us to go to an unknown because they took our star receiver away and he made them look absolutely silly.  Again no excuse for how we lost but if we win that coin toss we absolutely shred the chiefs defense and win the game. 

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

The blueprint for beating the Chiefs is out there…I assume McDermott and Frazier didn’t bother to watch the Super Bowl last year…

Chiefs offensive line has improved tremendously this season.  They essentially had our situation against the jags where we were missing a few starters on the offensive line and had to shuffle everyone around against the best team in the league in the SuperBowl last year.

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

The blueprint for beating the Chiefs is out there…I assume McDermott and Frazier didn’t bother to watch the Super Bowl last year…

Tampa's defense was far better than that of the Bills. Especially the pass rush. Anyone who really believed the Bills had the league's #1 defense was crazy.

Just now, JoshAllensShorts said:

Tampa's defense was far better than that of the Bills. Especially the pass rush. Anyone who really believed the Bills had the league's #1 defense was crazy.

Chiefs win that game if we didn’t injure their offensive lineman towards the end of the game the week before…they had to reshuffle their whole oline for that one game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Good question . This coaching staff is just too cautious and conservative and instead of being balls out because they had everything to lose they kept being cautious on the verge of losing. 

I don't know about that, the DL was busting through many times but just missed getting to Mahomes on several plays which unfortunately turned into big runs for them.

• Agree 1

BINGO !! WE HAVE A WINNER !!

With 13 seconds left & you have the lead in the game to go to the AFC Championship game AT Home no less and you give Kelsey the 1 player that every body knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Mahomes will be looking for because he always does & has always been that guy in crunch time to put teams away in this exact scenario every year .

But you let him run free through the D with out even giving him a hit ! That play IMO was the play that lost the game !!

Levi Wallace & Millano were with in 5 yards of him & he split them both and if they hit him or stick with him to knock that 1 pass down the Chiefs are out of field goal range still but neither of them even looked at him until it was to late .

I don't know that i have been this pissed off at the out come of a game the Bills have played . The first SB was a terrible disappointment but this one ripped my heart out !

To see Josh do what he did not 1 but 2 TD's to win the game & then for the Defense to just give the game back to Mahomes gift wrapped WTF were they thinking !! 

This game has nothing to do about the offense losing the game they won it the defense gave this to them on a silver platter and right now it's really hard for me to think of this defense being ranked number 1 in the NFL !! 

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m really wondering if McDermott had a full-on brain freeze and thought the Chiefs were either out of time outs or were down by more than 3… something went seriously wrong.  There are high school football coaches who would’ve coached better situationally there.  It is shocking.

Different sports obviously but it reminds me of this

Bills meltdown is probably worse given we took timeouts to setup our defense on those last 2 plays 

37 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Davis is an unknown? 😂 the guy has been making big plays all year.  And even if he is an unknown (which is absolutely false) they forced us to go to an unknown because they took our star receiver away and he made them look absolutely silly.  Again no excuse for how we lost but if we win that coin toss we absolutely shred the chiefs defense and win the game. 

Chiefs offensive line has improved tremendously this season.  They essentially had our situation against the jags where we were missing a few starters on the offensive line and had to shuffle everyone around against the best team in the league in the SuperBowl last year.

Clue you in. Davis is not the star.  Diggs is.  Stop the star and force the second tier guys to step up.  Common practice. 

4 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

I have to assume the Bills defensive brain trust must figure Mahomes will just find someone else to throw the ball to, but for the life of me I just don’t see why at least in some of the most critical situations (like that final 13 seconds) that they continually allow these two critical receiver weapons to just release freely from the line of scrimmage into the secondary with no one really near them most of the time? Why not jam these guys at the line to at least attempt to disrupt the timing of the play if nothing else? These two guys are continually killing the Bills and it’s almost like we are inviting it.

Take 2 rushers out and use those two players to play man to man on Kelce and Hill and jam them at the line instead of playing soft zone and rushing 4. You knew Mahomes was going to get rid of the ball and a 4 man rush wasn't going to get there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Chiefs win that game if we didn’t injure their offensive lineman towards the end of the game the week before…they had to reshuffle their whole oline for that one game. 

I concur.  both Tackles out lead to a poor performance by the KC O line. 

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I don't know about that, the DL was busting through many times but just missed getting to Mahomes on several plays which unfortunately turned into big runs for them.

Including Hughes on the last play before the game ending FG...Hughes was a split second from sacking Mahomes.

54 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So much for being built to beat the Chiefs.  Kelce and Hill go 19 catches for 246 yds.  UNACCEPTABLE!

For reference, Kelce and Hill went for 22 catches for 290 yards and 2 TDs in the Championship game last year.  

I'm sure McD would consider that defensive performance yesterday an improvement.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Clue you in. Davis is not the star.  Diggs is.  Stop the star and force the second tier guys to step up.  Common practice. 

Loll clue me in?  Doubling the household name player all game and letting a great player torch your single coverage all night long is far from an impressive gameplan is all I’m saying. It’s pretty subjective who we decide to deem ‘a star’…Davis has been the hero many times in his short career so far.    Chiefs defense got absolutely pantsed and we bailed them out with that bungled 13 seconds.  

Why, because Sean and Frazier are from the bend don't break school of losing football. He could have won this game and he will never regain the respect from knowledgeable fans until he wins. Josh left his guts on that field and handed these timid coaches this win and their mind-numbing decisions prevented a home championship game and a SB appearance. 

4 minutes ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Why, because Sean and Frazier are from the bend don't break school of losing football. He could have won this game and he will never regain the respect from knowledgeable fans until he wins. Josh left his guts on that field and handed these timid coaches this win and their mind-numbing decisions prevented a home championship game and a SB appearance. 

Idk why we single out our coaches for this pretty much everyone plays the chiefs that way.  And us also.  

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I know it kinda worked, but I don't know why the bills are so anti blitz against Mahomes. He is bad under pressure 

He is bad under pressure from 4. Against the blitz he is the best in the league.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk why we single out our coaches for this pretty much everyone plays the chiefs that way.  And us also.  

Let me simplify this for you, the game was determined on decisions made after we lead with 13 seconds left and managed to lose. Situational football strategy called for a kick in the field of play to kill 3 to 5 seconds. Then, why rush 4 when you got no pressure the whole game. Then letting Kelce and Hill have free releaes without holding or tackling them is mind blowing with 10 seconds left. Coaching cost us the game. As a fan please don't dismiss this fact. Aren't you sick of this crap.

1 hour ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

Let me simplify this for you, the game was determined on decisions made after we lead with 13 seconds left and managed to lose. Situational football strategy called for a kick in the field of play to kill 3 to 5 seconds. Then, why rush 4 when you got no pressure the whole game. Then letting Kelce and Hill have free releaes without holding or tackling them is mind blowing with 10 seconds left. Coaching cost us the game. As a fan please don't dismiss this fact. Aren't you sick of this crap.

Right I wouldn’t argue that specific situation was badly managed …but the general statement ‘the bend but don’t break school of losing football’ I didn’t agree with for multiple reasons.  First being…I think you only rush 4 if you think you can get the sack to end the game.  That was honestly an overly aggressive defense for the situation in my mind.  A ‘true’ prevent defense probably wins that game. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.