Why All The Clean Releases For Kelce and Hill?

Bleedbuffaloblue

They were scared to death of Tyreek Hill speed. If they wanted to play prevent, they should’ve squib kicked it to run at least 3-4 seconds off. And rushed 3. Make Mahomes hold the ball. They would of only had time for 2 plays max. 

It was a total coaching blunder by McDermott and the coaching staff. Idiotic to say the least and it cost the Bills a super bowl. 

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I’m really wondering if McDermott had a full-on brain freeze and thought the Chiefs were either out of time outs or were down by more than 3… something went seriously wrong.  There are high school football coaches who would’ve coached better situationally there.  It is shocking.

I honestly think he got caught up in the emotion of the game after the bills went up 3. He thought it was over and he had a total brain fart. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would use the words gutless, scared and fragile also to describe the way Frazier called that 2 min defense. Didn’t challenge them at all and just let them get like 60 yards in 2 plays. ***** *****.

I would have preferred to have Milano up at the line on Kelce and Wallace up at the line on Hill,  just holding them burns time.  No challenge and no resistance and pundits all over the country will be roasting our defence and coaching today for massive choke job.  It's really sad because our QB played one of the best road playoff games by a QB ever and we lost because of whimpy coaching.  

Even having Hyde returning punts ,  when KC was punting from their end zone why not see if Mackenzie can get a big return.  You can also include Dabol,  running from mid field and wasting possessions. The Chiefs lost their best DB and safety and were running the ball over trying to score as many points as possible. It was not until we fell behind by two scores did Dabol decide to pass on almost every down.  

I really hope Frazier moves on and we bring in a new cordinator with new innovative ideas

• Like (+1) 2

Notice how KC schemed its defense to take away Diggs.   Frazier failed.  Kelce and Hill are Mahomes security blanket targets in key situations.  Kelce is the bane to the Bills.   One play that has hurt the Bills all season is the shallow cross.   That is on the DC for not designing coverage to stop or slow its use.  

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Here is what some anonymous coaches had to say in today’s Athletic:

Coverages didn’t seem to matter at times, but they did in the final 13 seconds.

“How about the pass to Kelce to set up the field goal?” the offensive coach said. “What was that corner doing? He was five yards outside Kelce and just watched him run inside there. I mean, they’re protecting the sideline, but they had timeouts. You can’t protect the sideline when they had timeouts. It was situational football that was bad. That happens when things get tight.”

An exec with experience playing quarterback said he could see that play unfolding before the snap.

“I’m sitting here saying, ‘They’re going to throw it to Kelce on the other side, and they’ve only got one (defender) over there,’ ” this exec said. “I said, ‘I can’t believe they’re going to let it happen, and he’s going to be able to run for 20 or 30 yards.’ And if I can see it on TV before the play starts, I can’t believe they let it happen.”

Terry needs to ask Sean what happened,  there is no excuse for this .  The Pegulas are going to lose out on hosting a AFC title game and why,  because someone or multiple coaches screwed up despite having time outs to talk about it.

23 minutes ago, Rockpile233 said:

The coaching staff choked in the big moment plain and simple. It’s sickening.

No question about it

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Coaching staff played scared. The offensive coaching stopped being scared in the fourth quarter. 

I agree.  The defense at the end of the game was dictated by Hill.   They were afraid of him and rightfully so.  IMO, Allen outplayed Mahomes.  Allen's passing yards were in the air, at least half of Mahomes were after the catch.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Terry needs to ask Sean what happened,  there is no excuse for this .  The Pegulas are going to lose out on hosting a AFC title game and why,  because someone or multiple coaches screwed up despite having time outs to talk about it.

No question about it

The Pegulas are not serious people so I don’t expect anything to come of this.  To be clear I don’t think Sean should be fired - but he should absolutely be put on notice that his coaching staff failed in key games/moments this season and more is expected.  But that won’t happen, the Pegulas are casual fans who are just along for the ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Notice how KC schemed its defense to take away Diggs.   Frazier failed.  Kelce and Hill are Mahomes security blanket targets in key situations.  Kelce is the bane to the Bills.   One play that has hurt the Bills all season is the shallow cross.   That is on the DC for not designing coverage to stop or slow its use.  

End of the day,  Frazier is a mediocre cordinator.  What did they do against Brady and Mahomes? could not stop either guy and I am sick of hearing about the Bills built to beat the Chiefs.  What did they change on defence from last season? 

Time to hand the keys to a new defensive cordinator and ask him to stop Mahomes.  Frazier is clueless and will only cause more future heart breaking losses,  if my team losses I at least want to go down guns blazing and not whimpy coaching

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Pegulas are not serious people so I don’t expect anything to come of this.  To be clear I don’t think Sean should be fired - but he should absolutely be put on notice that his coaching staff failed in key games/moments this season and more is expected.  But that won’t happen, the Pegulas are casual fans who are just along for the ride.

I agree Sean stays but Frazier should be replaced,  it seems like Frazier is consevative because Sean wants it that way.  Get an aggressive thinking cordinator on that side of the ball

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

End of the day,  Frazier is a mediocre cordinator.  What did they do against Brady and Mahomes? could not stop either guy and I am sick of hearing about the Bills built to beat the Chiefs.  What did they change on defence from last season? 

Time to hand the keys to a new defensive cordinator and ask him to stop Mahomes.  Frazier is clueless and will only cause more future heart breaking losses,  if my team losses I at least want to go down guns blazing and not whimpy coaching

Time has passed him by.  Need a DC who is innovative and ability to adapt quickly on game day

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

They ‘schemed’ to take away diggs and were promptly absolutely incinerated by gabe Davis lol im not sure the chiefs should be getting any atta boys for their defensive gameplan either.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

So much for being built to beat the Chiefs.  Kelce and Hill go 19 catches for 246 yds.  UNACCEPTABLE!

There is McD can defend this.  He knows they got gutted by them again in the playoffs.  Time for Frazier to retire. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They ‘schemed’ to take away diggs and were promptly absolutely incinerated by gabe Davis lol im not sure the chiefs should be getting any atta boys for their defensive gameplan either.  

The point is....Davis was an unknown.   Take away the star power and force the other KC WRs to pick up the slack.  

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Made mahomes look really bad in the regular season game and held Brady to a 3 point second half back when his offense was actually healthy.  They have lost a bunch of receivers and offensive linemen since then.  No excuse for the way we lost but if you can’t see the improvement we made over when we were nuked in the championship game last year idk what to tell you.

I also don’t understand how we lost on ‘wimpy coaching’ lol we weren’t wimpy enough if anything.  Should’ve been rushing 2 on that final drive not 4.   

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

I have to assume the Bills defensive brain trust must figure Mahomes will just find someone else to throw the ball to, but for the life of me I just don’t see why at least in some of the most critical situations (like that final 13 seconds) that they continually allow these two critical receiver weapons to just release freely from the line of scrimmage into the secondary with no one really near them most of the time? Why not jam these guys at the line to at least attempt to disrupt the timing of the play if nothing else? These two guys are continually killing the Bills and it’s almost like we are inviting it.

They do this to just about every team in the league and I'd assume the game plan was to contain both but as you saw then Mahomes was running wild on us, this is where I'd like a more instinctive ILB, I've tried giving Edmunds the benefit of the doubt because of his age but 4 seasons of mediocre play just isn't doing it for me anymore. We need our Urlacher there! Also not making any excuses but losing Tre White is huge, I like Wallace and Jackson but when you lose an all pro like that, those guys are non replaceable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.