Why All The Clean Releases For Kelce and Hill?

Bleedbuffaloblue

I have to assume the Bills defensive brain trust must figure Mahomes will just find someone else to throw the ball to, but for the life of me I just don’t see why at least in some of the most critical situations (like that final 13 seconds) that they continually allow these two critical receiver weapons to just release freely from the line of scrimmage into the secondary with no one really near them most of the time? Why not jam these guys at the line to at least attempt to disrupt the timing of the play if nothing else? These two guys are continually killing the Bills and it’s almost like we are inviting it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

18 minutes ago, Bleedbuffaloblue said:

I have to assume the Bills defensive brain trust must figure Mahomes will just find someone else to throw the ball to, but for the life of me I just don’t see why at least in some of the most critical situations (like that final 13 seconds) that they continually allow these two critical receiver weapons to just release freely from the line of scrimmage into the secondary with no one really near them most of the time? Why not jam these guys at the line to at least attempt to disrupt the timing of the play if nothing else? These two guys are continually killing the Bills and it’s almost like we are inviting it.

That ended up being a pitch and catch that got them the 40 yards they needed in two plays,  Frazier should be fired for stupid play calling.  Guarantee no team hires him after that performance

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Coaching staff played scared. The offensive coaching stopped being scared in the fourth quarter. 

Definitely agree with you on the defensive side. Offensive side, not so much, but the first series in the 3rd after the Chiefs eight minute TD drive was a head scratcher. Two consecutive running plays after a decent first down screen to the FB for a three and out really hurt and put a tired defense right back on the field where the played pretty much the entire quarter.

• Agree 1

The worst part was the (designed)pass rush didn’t even give a full effort. Addion (?) stayed at the LOS watching for the scramble.

If you’re essentially concluding that you cannot get to Mahomes, and therefore not bringing all you have, why not get those DL in front of Kelce and disrupt his release? 

Inexxusable 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Coaching staff played scared. The offensive coaching stopped being scared in the fourth quarter. 

Absolutely scared shitless. McD's got a Boogeyman in Reid and Mahomes. Only way for Buffalo to get past them is for somebody else to take them out first because McD ain't doing it

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

That ended up being a pitch and catch that got them the 40 yards they needed in two plays,  Frazier should be fired for stupid play calling.  Guarantee no team hires him after that performance

Let's hope you are wrong!!

35 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The worst part was the (designed)pass rush didn’t even give a full effort. Addion (?) stayed at the LOS watching for the scramble.

If you’re essentially concluding that you cannot get to Mahomes, and therefore not bringing all you have, why not get those DL in front of Kelce and disrupt his release? 

Inexxusable 

I get the spy on the first play.   It’s because we were selling out to stop the home run and didn’t want to give up a cheap 20 yards underneath.  Which, of course, is exactly what happened anyways. 

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I get the spy on the first play.   It’s because we were selling out to stop the home run and didn’t want to give up a cheap 20 yards underneath.  Which, of course, is exactly what happened anyways. 

The funniest part is McD spending those timeouts to make sure we had the right call in place first 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

I would use the words gutless, scared and fragile also to describe the way Frazier called that 2 min defense. Didn’t challenge them at all and just let them get like 60 yards in 2 plays. ***** *****.

Here is what some anonymous coaches had to say in today’s Athletic:

Coverages didn’t seem to matter at times, but they did in the final 13 seconds.

“How about the pass to Kelce to set up the field goal?” the offensive coach said. “What was that corner doing? He was five yards outside Kelce and just watched him run inside there. I mean, they’re protecting the sideline, but they had timeouts. You can’t protect the sideline when they had timeouts. It was situational football that was bad. That happens when things get tight.”

An exec with experience playing quarterback said he could see that play unfolding before the snap.

“I’m sitting here saying, ‘They’re going to throw it to Kelce on the other side, and they’ve only got one (defender) over there,’ ” this exec said. “I said, ‘I can’t believe they’re going to let it happen, and he’s going to be able to run for 20 or 30 yards.’ And if I can see it on TV before the play starts, I can’t believe they let it happen.”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 3

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Here is what some anonymous coaches had to say in today’s Athletic:

Coverages didn’t seem to matter at times, but they did in the final 13 seconds.

“How about the pass to Kelce to set up the field goal?” the offensive coach said. “What was that corner doing? He was five yards outside Kelce and just watched him run inside there. I mean, they’re protecting the sideline, but they had timeouts. You can’t protect the sideline when they had timeouts. It was situational football that was bad. That happens when things get tight.”

An exec with experience playing quarterback said he could see that play unfolding before the snap.

“I’m sitting here saying, ‘They’re going to throw it to Kelce on the other side, and they’ve only got one (defender) over there,’ ” this exec said. “I said, ‘I can’t believe they’re going to let it happen, and he’s going to be able to run for 20 or 30 yards.’ And if I can see it on TV before the play starts, I can’t believe they let it happen.”

So sad that McDermott and Frazier are defensive coaches and let that happen.

As bad as you get 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I know it kinda worked, but I don't know why the bills are so anti blitz against Mahomes. He is bad under pressure 

I agree, when he is pressured he passes to the 2 players that he trusts. Obviously you have to double Hill and bracket the TE. I would rather go down like this than the gutless way we went down last night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.