Reviewing Beane

Milanos Milano

• 6 months later...

He better hope that Singletary contract is a qualifying one for comp pick purposes. 

Over The Cap doesn't have the value on it baked into its model yet. If it is the $3.75m I have seen reported I think it just gets in. Which would give us a 3rd round comp pick next year for Tremaine. But it means they cannot sign another FA before the end of the qualifying period (which is post draft... mid May I think) with an AAV of more than $3m. 

I am not someone obsessed with comp picks generally but when you are in line for 3rd rounders I am. If you throw a way a chance at a free 3rd round pick to sign Harty that is bad resource management. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If you trade for DeAndre Hopkins, everything is all forgiven. Super Bowl! Come on Beane, prove me you have what it takes to be great! 

A couple of years ago everyone said the same with the signing of Diggs.  

As long as our defense keeps giving up around 40 PPG to teams in the D and CC rounds, we're not going anywhere.  

26 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

A couple of years ago everyone said the same with the signing of Diggs.  

As long as our defense keeps giving up around 40 PPG to teams in the D and CC rounds, we're not going anywhere.  

Yeah, I don’t agree with this

The best defense in the league got scorched, whenever it came to the playoffs, including the Eagles

Offense is the way to go

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Yeah, I don’t agree with this

The best defense in the league got scorched, whenever it came to the playoffs, including the Eagles

Offense is the way to go

Not true, others didn't get scorched on a regular ongoing basis like ours did.  

Cinci held three teams to 50 points total, including the Chiefs to 23 and 357 total yards.  KC held Cinci to 20 pts. and 309 total yards, and their D wasn't nearly ranked as highly as ours.  

Last season the 17th ranked Cinci D held the chiefs to 24 points and 375 total yards to our 552, held the Rams to 23 and 313 total yards, and held their two other playoff opponents to 16 & 19 points.  The Chiefs and their 8th ranked D held the Bengals to 27 adn 359 total yards.  

Disagree as you may, there's an big enough difference straight up, but when you consider all the bloat about us being a #1/#2 D, there's an even bigger discrepancy.  

And honestly, who on earth is defending our playoff defense?  Seriously?  

Edited by PBF81

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.