Reviewing Beane

Milanos Milano

Just now, Einstein said:

Here are the noteworthy 2017 additions/negations made after Beane was made GM.

- Signed Baccari Rambo (cut a month later)

- Signed Anquan Boldin (retired 2 weeks later)

- Traded Watkins and Ragland (helped in the Allen trade but did nothing for the 2017 playoffs)

Lol…see you don’t even know much about that season. 

Did nothing for the 2017 playoffs?  LMAO, guess you forgot we got our starting CB in the Watkins trade.  Guess you forgot he traded for Kelvin Benjamin whose TD in the snow game was a major reason we made the playoffs.  

Not to mention other trades that helped our draft to get both Allen and Edmunds and cleared cap space and culture change.  Trades like Darby, Dareus, and Cordy Glenn.  

Not to mention decided the 53 man roster.  What is clear is you really seem to think the only thing a GM does is the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Easy.

For one, the Titans. Even WITH Allen, they've beaten the Bills roster twice in a row.

Another is the Rams. Who practically have a Pro-Bowl team for a roster. 

The Buccaneers are another, and the Browns are close (their QB held them back more than helped them).

So...the last 2 SB champs?  The Browns, please.  They have no QB now.  As for the Titans, we'll see now that they'll have to come to Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Easy.

For one, the Titans. Even WITH Allen, they've beaten the Bills roster twice in a row.

The Buccaneers are another, and the Browns are close (their QB held them back more than helped them).

I was at the game IN NASHVILLE last year where Josh slipped at the goal line or we probably win that game. It “proves” nothing. That could have gone either way. Are the Jags a better roster, too, because we lost down there? 

The Rams are indeed loaded, and they won’t face the gauntlet that is the AFC. Tell yourself what you’d like, the Bills have one of the top rosters in the NFL and to argue otherwise is either delusional or disingenuous. 

Have a nice night. 

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

guess you forgot we got our starting CB in the Watkins trade.  

I mentioned this trade... Did you not read the post? Plus, EJ missed a third of the season and had a grand total of 1 INT.

Guess you forgot he traded for Kelvin Benjamin whose TD in the snow game was a major reason we made the playoffs.  

Bills went 4-6 after trading for Benjamin. He had 17 total receptions.

Not to mention other trades that helped our draft to get both Allen and Edmunds and cleared cap space and culture change.  Trades like Darby, Dareus, and Cordy Glenn.  

None of which helped the 2017 playoff run.

Edited by Einstein

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Smart choice not answering that.

Smart choice not answering any of the questions I posed or addressing any of the things I said.

You can sit there and re-litigate a few specific players’ Bills tenures. I’ll point to the current quality of the team as a whole, as evidenced by their being perennial playoff contenders and current Super Bowl favorites.

You can continue to get granular and try to distract from the discussion at hand by sidetracking people with questions of your own while refusing to answer the questions of others.

I think Beane is a good GM and have pointed to facts that help to prove that point.

You think he’s average to below average, though you refuse to explain how an average to below average GM assembled a Super Bowl favorite. (Note: you can’t just say “he hit on the QB, that’s the only reason why”, because there are plenty of teams with great QBs who AREN’T in the top five Super Bowl betting odds).

We can just agree to disagree. It’s fine. 

Edited by Logic

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Easy.

This is a (likely unintentional) strawman. You've misunderstood my point. 

My point is not that Beane would not have tried for another franchise QB or even chosen another franchise QB, my point is that outside OF the franchise QB (whomever name that may be), his work as talent evaluator has been average. 

Out of curiosity, do you realize how often you write this? Just curious if its a tick or something. 

Bahaha, no one in the NFL would take Bucs, Titans, or Browns rosters over the Bills.  

Only team that has a case is Rams, mainly because their 4 best players are  not a QB.  But if you do factor in the QB, Bills are better and most agree with that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was at the game IN NASHVILLE last year where Josh slipped at the goal line or we probably win that game.

He didn't slip. That was always a poor excuse.

He hopped (for some reason), and then ran right into Jeffrey Simmons arm. He met a wall.

Are the Jags a better roster, too, because we lost down there? 

Did the Bills lose to them twice in a row?

Have a nice night. 

You too.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

So...the last 2 SB champs?  The Browns, please.  They have no QB now.  As for the Titans, we'll see now that they'll have to come to Buffalo.

He’s not helping to make his point there, is he? In fact, it seems quite the opposite. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

EJ Gaines missed a third of the season and had a grand total of 1 INT.

Bills went 4-6 after trading for Benjamin. He had 17 total receptions.

None of which helped the 2017 playoff run.

Benjamins TD doesn’t happen in the snow game, we don’t make the playoffs.  So facts say your wrong it didn’t impact the season.  

And again, Beane decided the 53 man roster and got rid of the culture problems while also stock piling draft capital.  

So, once again, you’re categorically wrong about Beane having nothing to do with the 2017 team.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Bahaha, no one in the NFL would take Bucs, Titans, or Browns rosters over the Bills. 

There is a name for this.

Its called 'homerism'.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

They have no QB now.

That's literally the point of the exercise.

To evaluate rosters sans the QB.

Just now, Einstein said:

There is a name for this.

Its called 'homerism'.

Hmmm, guess the majority of the sports world, Vegas oddsmakers, analysts, etc are all Bills homers given the Bills are widespread viewed as the most talented roster overall.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Benjamins TD doesn’t happen in the snow game, we don’t make the playoffs.  So facts say your wrong it didn’t impact the season.  

And again, Beane decided the 53 man roster and got rid of the culture problems while also stock piling draft capital.  

So, once again, you’re categorically wrong about Beane having nothing to do with the 2017 team.  

It's a bit disingenuous to say that 1 play by 1 player ended the draught. If Beane never traded for Benjamin we probably get better production from a UDFA/practice squad player in Benjamin's place (and of course we keep the 3rd rd pick). 

It was a really bad trade. One play doesn't change that. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Easy.

This is a (likely unintentional) strawman. You've misunderstood my point. 

My point is not that Beane would not have tried for another franchise QB or even chosen another franchise QB, my point is that outside OF the franchise QB (whomever name that may be), his work as talent evaluator has been average. 

Out of curiosity, do you realize how often you write this? Just curious if its a tick or something. 

it’s not that easy.

You realize that the titans roster has changed….. as has ours.  The teams that beat us are not the same as the 2022 titans.

I don’t think any non titans fan on earth would agree with you, that the titans have a better roster than the Bills.  

Comparing and deciding “who’s best”  between the Bucs and Rams vs the Bills is tedious.  Both very talented…as are the Bills.  

It seems as if you underestimate the word “easy”.  The question asked is not an easy answer.  Ask every sports book.

the browns…. No

Edited by NewEra

2 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It's a bit disingenuous to say that 1 play by 1 player ended the draught. If Beane never traded for Benjamin we probably get better production from a UDFA/practice squad player in Benjamin's place (and of course we keep the 3rd rd pick). 

It was a really bad trade. One play doesn't change that. 

Im not crediting the one play, he keeps insisting on that Beane had no role and no impact on us making the 2017 playoffs.  I’ve cited many examples, including the undeniable fact that Beane assembled the 53 man roster.  To say Beane had no impact on 2017 playoff birth is utterly ridiculous.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not crediting the one play, he keeps insisting on that Beane had no role and no impact on us making the 2017 playoffs.  I’ve cited many examples, including the undeniable fact that Beane assembled the 53 man roster.  To say Beane had no impact on 2017 playoff birth is utterly ridiculous.  

You cited one of the worst WR's in recent Bills memory and had a losing record, and a CB who missed a third of the season. 

Just now, Einstein said:

You cited one of the worst WR's in recent Bills memory and had a losing record, and a CB who missed a third of the season. 

I cited a lot more than that.  But you’re hung up on these two weak points cuz your whole point is quite honestly flawed and weak in the first place and you literally have nothing else to throw out.  

And hate to break it to you…but “Missed a third of the season”…means he played TWO THIRDS of the season…as our starter, and our secondary was a strong point that season.  Guess those 11 games he started for us don’t count.  Guess the snow game win where KB caught the TD didn’t count either.

it's incredible to me that the nfl community thinks beane is one of the top in his game,  has put together one of the most complete rosters in the league, and some fans still can't cope with it.  

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.