Reviewing Beane

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

Wake up, people.  He's the reason we continue to suck and miss the playoffs EVERY year and are a laughing stock of the league.  Oh wait...

Unless, and until, the Bills win multiple Super Bowls under his watch, some will cling to this view.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Unless, and until, the Bills win multiple Super Bowls under his watch, some will cling to this view.

Even if the Bills win multiple Super Bowls, some will cling to this view. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

i would just like to add..

NFL.COM

#1 Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills

The Bills' transformation since McDermott's hire in January 2017 could be taught in a college-level course on how to rebuild a franchise.

McDermott helped to hire Beane in May of that year, and they've hit every right note since: from big trades (Stefon Diggs, moving up for Josh Allen) savvy draft picks, to knowing which veterans to reward (Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde) and when to move on (John Brown, LeSean McCoy).

Beane was chosen as the top executive by several of The Athletic's national writers.

"I voted for Beane because I think the Bills lead the league in MTMS (Moves That Make Sense)," Sheil Kapadia said in explaining his support for Beane. "That doesn't mean they all work out, but they seem to have a good process."

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 1/24/2022 at 3:34 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

We have not drafted enough high end talent. 

Edmunds rd 1

Basham rd 2

Epenesa rd 2

Ford rd 2

Moss rd 3 

Oliver rd 1 

Rousseau rd 1 

Have all underperformed their draft statuses thus far IMO. Especially Ford and Moss. 

I expect more from Edmunds, Oliver, and Rousseau given their rd 1 status. 

You and Ethan from Portland are the same 13 year old boy aren't you?

Listen, at 48 years old now, I'm not the wisest man ever to walk this planet.  Far from it.

But what I have learned is that no matter how much you think you know (and by second guessing multi-million dollar professionals you clearly think you know better), you don't know SQUAT! 

No more comment.  Just drill that into your head.  Trust me, you will be so better off the rest of your life if you can get this concept into your dumb head:

1.  Rule #1 - YOU DON'T KNOW SQUAT!!!!

2. Rule #2 - if you think you do know better than everyone else who's actually PAID to make these decisions, like B Beane and McDermott, then please refer back to Rule #1.

Seriously, for those who brush this off now and say I don't know what the F I'm talking about.  If you are minimally blessed in this life at all that the Big Guy Upstairs gives you just a hint of smarts, you will surely, someday, eventually, read what I'm posting here and understand that I'm absolutely correct.

Just that some of us have already figured that out, and we laugh/cry/whatever at these stupid posts you choose to make.  And sometimes, if you browse back through the history of this website, you will see others like me who try so hard to send you a message you really need to hear.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

i would just like to add..

NFL.COM

#1 Brandon Beane/Sean McDermott, Buffalo Bills

The Bills' transformation since McDermott's hire in January 2017 could be taught in a college-level course on how to rebuild a franchise.

McDermott helped to hire Beane in May of that year, and they've hit every right note since: from big trades (Stefon Diggs, moving up for Josh Allen) savvy draft picks, to knowing which veterans to reward (Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde) and when to move on (John Brown, LeSean McCoy).

Beane was chosen as the top executive by several of The Athletic's national writers.

"I voted for Beane because I think the Bills lead the league in MTMS (Moves That Make Sense)," Sheil Kapadia said in explaining his support for Beane. "That doesn't mean they all work out, but they seem to have a good process."

Oh cut it out with facts. We want made up stuff as proof

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean, Allen alone gives Beane a lot of leeway for other moves that haven't necessarily worked out. Not that I think he shouldn't be judged on anything else. 

But I still think overall even "aside from Josh", which is kind of hard to do, he's done a pretty solid job. I would agree that we haven't gotten great bang for the buck on some of the resources we've spent on D, especially high-end draft capital and I was a little perplexed we didn't do more for the o-line going into last season. 

All in all though I think if we're being real...this is a roster that probably should have won the title last year if not for McD's gag job in KC and we're looking pretty good to compete big this year and in the future. He's a keeper for me. 

EDIT: I also think he has the right temperament and approach to how to have a relationship with the franchise player which is pretty important. As both have mentioned before, they both run their opinions by each other and Beane does ask Josh for his thoughts on certain potential moves...but they have an understanding that it's ultimately Beane's call. This is obviously important given how we've seen some of the relationships between front offices and QB's have had an impact or led to trades or firings, etc. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

Both Beane and McDermott will ultimately be judged on whether or not they win a SB during their time here.

But you can really argue that JA17 is sole reason they are still here and why they will be given a certain degree of benefit of the doubt.

But I still maintain that given all the money we have committed on right now to JA17 and other big name players recently added/extended, there are no excuses to not reach the pinnacle of success and bring home a championship to Buffalo.

If that doesn't happen in the next few years it probably won't with this regime and that's simply the reality of the situation.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Both Beane and McDermott will ultimately be judged on whether or not they win a SB during their time here.

But you can really argue that JA17 is sole reason they are still here and why they will be given a certain degree of benefit of the doubt.

But I still maintain that given all the money we have committed on right now to JA17 and other big name players recently added/extended, there are no excuses to not reach the pinnacle of success and bring home a championship to Buffalo.

If that doesn't happen in the next few years it probably won't with this regime and that's simply the reality of the situation.

You could say that for a lot of GM's honestly though. Hitting on a QB is far and away the most important factor for a GM. 

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

JA is not the sole reason they are here. Your premise is false.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Is there a worse take on this board on any topic?  If so, please send it as I don't believe it.  

17 years straight losing.  Guts team in 2017 and 2018 to shed salary and dead weight and starts the meat of the rebuild in the 2018 draft.

3 years later, we are the #1 ranked offense, #1 ranked defense, reigning back to back 2 time division champion, perennial playoff team and SB contender, with the odds on favorite for MVP, odds on favorite to make and win the SB, and the consensus best roster in the NFL entering the season...a roster that does not have a single player on it from before the McBeane era.  

But please tells us some more how bad Beane is again.  

The worst take will come in the form of "but they haven't won a championship".

Every time. 

11 minutes ago, todd said:

Never mind @Alphadawg7 This one is worse.

1 hour ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

You and Ethan from Portland are the same 13 year old boy aren't you?

Listen, at 48 years old now, I'm not the wisest man ever to walk this planet.  Far from it.

But what I have learned is that no matter how much you think you know (and by second guessing multi-million dollar professionals you clearly think you know better), you don't know SQUAT! 

No more comment.  Just drill that into your head.  Trust me, you will be so better off the rest of your life if you can get this concept into your dumb head:

1.  Rule #1 - YOU DON'T KNOW SQUAT!!!!

2. Rule #2 - if you think you do know better than everyone else who's actually PAID to make these decisions, like B Beane and McDermott, then please refer back to Rule #1.

Seriously, for those who brush this off now and say I don't know what the F I'm talking about.  If you are minimally blessed in this life at all that the Big Guy Upstairs gives you just a hint of smarts, you will surely, someday, eventually, read what I'm posting here and understand that I'm absolutely correct.

Just that some of us have already figured that out, and we laugh/cry/whatever at these stupid posts you choose to make.  And sometimes, if you browse back through the history of this website, you will see others like me who try so hard to send you a message you really need to hear.

The OP and others like him need to read up on the Dunning-Kruger effect. Essentially, when someone doesn’t know a subject well, they think they know it all in regards to that subject. Then the more one learns, the less they believe they know about that subject, until they truly are experts in that subject and understand that they are. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/an-overview-of-the-dunning-kruger-effect-4160740

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, todd said:

If JA17 didn't explode on the scene the last few years what evidence is there this team would have been where they are?

Not saying we'd be a 3 win team but folks are giving too much credit to Beane/McDermott especially when the evidence is there that JA17's development had more to do with his own raw talent and Daboll's influence vs anything McDermott has done.

What’s the point in trying to discredit people in your own team’s organisation while the team is very successful? I just don’t get it. Can’t be much fun being a person so desperately looking for flaws instead of enjoying life. 

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/24/2022 at 11:01 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

He hasn’t done enough. He hasn’t drafted enough elite talent. If he misses this draft we need to start debating whether he is good enough. 

Honestly, your act is getting old.

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

If JA17 didn't explode on the scene the last few years what evidence is there this team would have been where they are?

Not saying we'd be a 3 win team but folks are giving too much credit to Beane/McDermott especially when the evidence is there that JA17's development had more to do with his own raw talent and Daboll's influence vs anything McDermott has done.

As is yours.

Name a contending team that has crap at QB.

• Agree 3

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The proof is in the fact they took a Tyrod Taylor lead team to the playoffs - pre-Josh Allen.

Even a poor excuse for a Dolphins fan should know that.

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.