57: R2 P25 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 G Lecitus Smith - Virginia Tech

168: R5 P25 WR Reggie Roberson - Miami

184: R6 P6 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

202: R6 P24 DL Noah Elliss - Idaho

229: R7 P10 CB Josh Thompson - Texas

244: R7 P25 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

Round 1 Pick 26: Kaiir Elam, CB, Florida (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 3 Pick 26: Ed Ingram, OG, LSU (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Hassan Haskins, RB, Michigan (A)
Round 5 Pick 26: Chris Paul, OG, Tulsa (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Charleston Rambo, WR, Miami (A)
Round 7 Pick 10: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m no draft expert but after reading through everyone’s latest mocks, the two players I’m 100% sure will never be on the Bills roster are the RB from Iowa State and the punter from SD State. Both now have the official kiss of death on them. 😉

why draft Breece Hall in the 2nd when you can draft Rachaad White in the 4th? I love White if we can wait on him.

I also don't understand how Isaiah Spiller is ranked so high, I don't see it with him.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I loved Taylor coming out. Banged the table for him being the best back in that class and the best back in the draft for a number of years. 

Hall is a nice player but he isn't the same level of prospect as JT. 

I like watching Matt Waldman film sessions 

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I also don't understand how Isaiah Spiller is ranked so high, I don't see it with him.

He is the classic "do a bit of everything" back that evaluators seem to go for these days. He is a three down bavk. Probably the best of this group as a receiving back and he can pass protect a bit. Personally I am not sold on him as a runner and it reminds me a bit of Clyde Edwards-Helaire who went too high as a jack of all trades running back who so far at the NFL level has proved a master of none. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Generally agree and I am NOT one who fully buys in to “never take position X in round one” guy, but there have been lots of OGs that I have thought are worth a first - and Green might fit that but most have turned out “OK”

I am a big "never draft so and so position in the top 15" guy. But at 25 all bets are off and think you just take BPA, guys who drop because people reached on upside guys and quarterbacks. It is how guys like TJ Watt, Ray Lewis etc etc go at the end of the first round. 

But my rule is, never draft a linemen, other than a true LT in the top 15-20, unless they are Quentin Nelson elite. And I am a line guy. 

48 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I am a big "never draft so and so position in the top 15" guy. But at 25 all bets are off and think you just take BPA, guys who drop because people reached on upside guys and quarterbacks. It is how guys like TJ Watt, Ray Lewis etc etc go at the end of the first round. 

But my rule is, never draft a linemen, other than a true LT in the top 15-20, unless they are Quentin Nelson elite. And I am a line guy. 

I don’t think most GMs hold to your ‘never draft’ rules but I will say with the Bills now considered an established playoff team it’d seem like you take the BPA regardless of his position at this point. Do the Bills have a few specific needs? Sure. But they’re probably better off in the long run now just building an incredibly strong and deep roster. 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t think most GMs hold to your ‘never draft’ rules but I will say with the Bills now considered an established playoff team it’d seem like you take the BPA regardless of his position at this point. Do the Bills have a few specific needs? Sure. But they’re probably better off in the long run now just building an incredibly strong and deep roster. 

But BPA isn't a fixed concept. Are they taking the best player available based on what they have put on tape to this point? Or are they taking the best player available based on ceiling? Or are they taking the guy they judge capable of having the biggest impact on the team (which is where positional value comes in)? 

I am sure the Bills will take the top guy on their board. But how they build the board will depend to an extent on which of the three strategies they are employing.

• Like (+1) 2

Kenyon Green

OG Texas A&M

Devonte Wyatt

DT Georgia

Wan'Dale Robinson

WR Kentucky

John Ridgeway

DT Arkansas

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Akayleb Evans

CB Missouri

Chris Paul

OG Tulsa

Josh Thompson

CB Texas

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But BPA isn't a fixed concept. Are they taking the best player available based on what they have put on tape to this point? Or are they taking the best player available based on ceiling? Or are they taking the guy they judge capable of having the biggest impact on the team (which is where positional value comes in)? 

I am sure the Bills will take the top guy on their board. But how they build the board will depend to an extent on which of the three strategies they are employing.

Gunner, this is not a difficult concept...in this scenario they're taking the BPA.  How they define BPA is completely up to them.  BPA means you're not selecting for a specific need or position, but instead just taking the player you've got ranked above everyone else, regardless of position.

Round: 1

Devonte Wyatt

DL | Georgia

Round: 2

John Metchie III

WR | Alabama

Round: 3

Jalen Wydermyer

TE | Texas A&M

Round: 4

Hassan Haskins

RB | Michigan

Round: 5

Cam Taylor-Britt

CB | Nebraska

Round: 6

Cade Mays

IOL | Tennessee

Round: 6

Josh Thompson

CB | Texas

Round: 7

Ben Brown

IOL | Mississippi

Round: 7

Marquan McCall

DL | Kentucky

Roger McCreary

CB,

Phidarian Mathis

IDL,

Cade Otton (hit button by accident) should have been Calvin Austin

TE,

Hassan Haskins

RB,

Josh Thompson

CB,

Cade Mays

IOL,

Chris Paul

IOL,

Charleston Rambo

WR,

Neil Farrell Jr.

IDL,

Edited by ScorpionZero

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Gunner, this is not a difficult concept...in this scenario they're taking the BPA.  How they define BPA is completely up to them.  BPA means you're not selecting for a specific need or position, but instead just taking the player you've got ranked above everyone else, regardless of position.

I don't disagree with that. But I think almost every team in the league would say that is what they do. Things like immediate impact, long term potential, positional value are built into the grades. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't disagree with that. But I think almost every team in the league would say that is what they do. Things like immediate impact, long term potential, positional value are built into the grades. 

I disagree. The Bills have moved into a position where they now might take a player even though the have a stable and established starter at that position…except possibly at QB, but even there the Bills need a back up. Lesser teams have too many holes to fill to ‘waste’ a pick in that manner. (Unless of course CJ Spiller is sitting there. 😉)

25: R1 P25 CB Roger McCreary - Auburn

57: R2 P25 DL Perrion Winfrey - Oklahoma

89: R3 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

129: R4 P25 DL Devonte Wyatt - Georgia

168: R5 P25 LB Brian Asamoah - Oklahoma

184: R6 P6 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

202: R6 P24 G Ed Ingram - LSU

229: R7 P10 WR Reggie Roberson Jr. - SMU

244: R7 P25 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - USC

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.