Thoughts on draft

John from Riverside

13 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I will say that Ford seems like a straight bust. Good pick at the time, good evaluation, hasn’t panned out. Pre-draft he seemed like a pretty good bet to, at the very least become a competent starter at guard. He had some interesting traits, but a lot of flaws in his game, especially when he had to play against good players in college. These flaws have kind of shown out here, and he regressed, so I blame Bobby Johnson. 

I really like the transition to high RAS guys. Bates, Doyle, Brown etc. I hope that trend continues this year and they go after guys like Austin Corbett, Connor Williams, James Daniels. RAS isn’t like the bible. Orlando Brown had horrible scores and he is a very good tackle. Gerard DeBeer had a very high score, hasn’t done anything. But I think you want to have gives who are athletic you can mold. 

It's good to read the write ups on all the players, gives you an idea if they fit our system. But watching the game film against other teams, NOT highlights give more incite of the player and what they can do. Example: I was getting high on Leal just from write ups, so I watched his film but it didn't wow me for the first round so I watched some game tape on some of the other highly rated DT's. Wyatt I believe is a good player but I would lower his grade because I believe he's a product of his environment. Now when I watched Winfrey there was some wow moments where he dominated, he also showed really well at the senior bowl. All and all I would be ok with Winfrey in the first. If not him one of the others could be had in the second and later. I personally would like us to get another quick burst, powerful 3T to put on the line next to Oliver on passing downs, to destroy blocking schemes and make the QB very uncomfortable. And if all you want is a 1T, then they can be had in rounds 4-7.

Edited by ScorpionZero

I look forward to pouring hours into reading draft guides, watching highlights, doing 1,000 mock drafts, and coming up with the perfect draft class…..only to see the Bills go completely the opposite direction and make me wonder why I bothered.

(Edge, edge, tackle, tackle 2021, I’m lookin at you!)

• Haha (+1) 3

25: R1 P25 CB Kyler Gordon - Washington

57: R2 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

89: R3 P25 DL Travis Jones - Connecticut

129: R4 P25 G Cade Mays - Tennessee

168: R5 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

184: R6 P6 WR Charleston Rambo - Miami

202: R6 P24 DL Thomas Booker - Stanford

229: R7 P10 G Malik Clark - Kansas

244: R7 P25 P Matt Araiza - San Diego St

3 hours ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

You could look at Noah Ellis from Idaho as a DT1 late round pick. Nice big boy.😉

I have drafted him in a couple

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm sure by now everyone knows I would like for the Bills to acquire Breece Hall for their RB1. But if he slips through the cracks and they have to go with Motor, Ty Chandler would be a nice rotational piece later in the draft. I just think Breece can be that Jonathan Taylor type at RB. 

I was about to say Breece Hall has no chance of being Johnathan Taylor but I would have said JT had no chance of being this good when he was college

Round 1 Pick 26: DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 2 Pick 26: John Metchie, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 3 Pick 26: Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 4 Pick 26: Cade Mays, OG, Tennessee (A+)
Round 5 Pick 26: Josh Thompson, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Ben Brown, C/OG, Ole Miss (A+)
Round 6 Pick 25: Matt Araiza, P, San Diego State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 10: Eyioma Uwazurike, DT, Iowa State (A)
Round 7 Pick 26: Reggie Roberson Jr., WR, SMU (A+)

9 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I was about to say Breece Hall has no chance of being Johnathan Taylor but I would have said JT had no chance of being this good when he was college

I loved Taylor coming out. Banged the table for him being the best back in that class and the best back in the draft for a number of years. 

Hall is a nice player but he isn't the same level of prospect as JT. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

It's good to read the write ups on all the players, gives you an idea if they fit our system. But watching the game film against other teams, NOT highlights give more incite of the player and what they can do. Example: I was getting high on Leal just from write ups, so I watched his film but it didn't wow me for the first round so I watched some game tape on some of the other highly rated DT's. Wyatt I believe is a good player but I would lower his grade because I believe he's a product of his environment. Now when I watched Winfrey there was some wow moments where he dominated, he also showed really well at the senior bowl. All and all I would be ok with Winfrey in the first. If not him one of the others could be had in the second and later. I personally would like us to get another quick burst, powerful 3T to put on the line next to Oliver on passing downs, to destroy blocking schemes and make the QB very uncomfortable. And if all you want is a 1T, then they can be had in rounds 4-7.

Interesting.  Where are you finding game tapes?  I find mostly highlights on YouTube with a few games in there as well 

First rd is where all the discussion is for me.  Do they keep it or trade it?   Does a big body DT make it to the pick or a top Db prospect?  I think those are the main questions to me.  I dont see them drafting a OG or player coming off injury. 

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Can you share a link to a pay site?  Depending on how much it costs, I might be interested 

https://www.pennlive.com/sports/2022/01/espn-megacast-of-college-football-playoff-championship-how-to-watch-all-22-film-room-skycast-more.html

Edited by ScorpionZero

2 hours ago, Mat68 said:

First rd is where all the discussion is for me.  Do they keep it or trade it?   Does a big body DT make it to the pick or a top Db prospect?  I think those are the main questions to me.  I dont see them drafting a OG or player coming off injury. 

Depending on the CB, they will absolutely take him if he fits the D. As for DT, unless it's a penetrating pass rusher, they'll get the big boy later. If OG Kenyon Green is there at 25, I would slap them if they don't take him. MHO

1 hour ago, ScorpionZero said:

Depending on the CB, they will absolutely take him if he fits the D. As for DT, unless it's a penetrating pass rusher, they'll get the big boy later. If OG Kenyon Green is there at 25, I would slap them if they don't take him. MHO

Generally agree and I am NOT one who fully buys in to “never take position X in round one” guy, but there have been lots of OGs that I have thought are worth a first - and Green might fit that but most have turned out “OK”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.