Thoughts on draft

John from Riverside

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think when I started looking at this class 5 or 6 weeks ago I said a couple of times that I didn't think it was a particularly good class. However, the more I have looked at it the more I like it. It remains a not very good top 10. I think there are three guys worthy of a top 10 grade and only one other I have a top 15 grade on. But mid to late firsts until mid 2nd is stacked and then there is another good tier of players in that mid 2nd to mid 3rd territory. 

I think "it's a good year to have a few day two picks" gets said every year. But this year it really is true. 

What do you think of those early guard prospects?  Any chance Kenyon Green is still there for us (I don't think so), and do you think Zion Johnson is worth the pick?

2 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

What do you think of those early guard prospects?  Any chance Kenyon Green is still there for us (I don't think so), and do you think Zion Johnson is worth the pick?

You would have a hard time convincing me to spend a first round pick on a guard unless it is a real elite level guy (Zack Martin and Quinten Nelson were both first round guards to me) or they were so clearly the best player available. I just don't see the positional value. I think both Johnson and Green are likely top 32 players in the class and I could see at least one of them being there for us. But I'm not sure that's where I'd go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25: R1 P25 CB Kaiir Elam - Florida

57: R2 P25 G Kenyon Green - Texas A&M

89: R3 P25 DL Phidarian Mathis - Alabama

129: R4 P25 WR John Metchie III - Alabama

168: R5 P25 CB Cam Taylor-Britt - Nebraska

184: R6 P6 DL John Ridgeway - Arkansas

202: R6 P24 P Matt Araiza - San Diego State

229: R7 P10 TE Peyton Hendershot - Indiana

244: R7 P25 CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart - Southern Cal

14 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

if Jameson Williams is still on the board you give the name to Usain Bolt to run up and give the Commissioner. You simply cannot allow him to get drafted by KC or even someone in the division.

We’re going corner and get to watch Williams run pass him catching bombs from mahomes. 

• Vomit 1

42 minutes ago, Mij yllek said:

if Jameson Williams is still on the board you give the name to Usain Bolt to run up and give the Commissioner. You simply cannot allow him to get drafted by KC or even someone in the division.

I think we would be beyond fortunate to see a WR group of Williams, Diggs and Davis in the second half of next season. Pick your poison.

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think when I started looking at this class 5 or 6 weeks ago I said a couple of times that I didn't think it was a particularly good class. However, the more I have looked at it the more I like it. It remains a not very good top 10. I think there are three guys worthy of a top 10 grade and only one other I have a top 15 grade on. But mid to late firsts until mid 2nd is stacked and then there is another good tier of players in that mid 2nd to mid 3rd territory. 

I think "it's a good year to have a few day two picks" gets said every year. But this year it really is true. 

This class is going to be deep. Many guys stayed the extra year that the colleges let them due to Covid so they are declaring this year rather than last. So will be a lot deeper in the mid to late ranges this year. Also, going to see a few surprise UDFAS this year guys that would normally be drafted but didn't make the cut due to the draft number games that are going to make rosters and make noticeable contributions early.

Edited by dje85
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

IMO the Bills need an upgrade on IOL.

Josh Allen was #1 in the league at preventing pressures from becoming sacks

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/josh-allen-was-no-1-in-nfl-in-preventing-pressures-from-becoming-sacks/article_14ac6a54-8a99-11ec-a0e0-b3fad28e1ce7.html

But PFF says he faced pressure on the most dropbacks in the league (32%, or 246)

Yes, Allen can escape from pressure but it may mean he's throwing it away or taking a short pass instead of pushing the ball downfield

No matter how you slice it, the O-line needs upgrades, and as you show it, the stats agree. 

Just from a raw #'s standpoint we ste going to need a few DL. Now there's FA, trades and the draft but we're set to lose at least a couple of DL & given Beanes history drafting one with a top 100 pick is likely.

FAs:

Hughes

Addison

Phillips 

Butler 

Obada

Possible cuts:

Star Lotulelei

So as you can see even if we resign a couple of our own FAs we are still going to need to add.

25: R1 P25 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia

57: R2 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

89: R3 P25 WR John Metchie III - Alabama

129: R4 P25 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

184: R6 P6 DL Otito Ogbonnia - UCLA

202: R6 P24 P Jake Camarda - Georgia

229: R7 P10 CB Josh Jobe - Alabama

244: R7 P25 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

Just from a raw #'s standpoint we ste going to need a few DL. Now there's FA, trades and the draft but we're set to lose at least a couple of DL & given Beanes history drafting one with a top 100 pick is likely.

FAs:

Hughes

Addison

Phillips 

Butler 

Obada

Possible cuts:

Star Lotulelei

So as you can see even if we resign a couple of our own FAs we are still going to need to add.

Sign Hughes, Zimmer and Obada to 1 yr deals. Draft Edge and DT3

Addison and Butler can walk.

Sign Phillips (3yrs). Draft a DT1 to replace Star. 

Kaiir Elam

CB Florida

Lecitus Smith

OG Virginia Tech

Alec Lindstrom

OC Boston College

John Ridgeway

DT Arkansas

Hassan Haskins

RB Michigan

Matt Araiza

P San Diego State

Isaac Taylor-Stuart

CB USC

Marquan McCall

DT Kentucky

Jeremiah Gemmel

LB North Carolina

FULL RESULTS

START NEW SIM

-->

3 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

25: R1 P25 DL Jordan Davis - Georgia

57: R2 P25 RB Breece Hall - Iowa State

89: R3 P25 WR John Metchie III - Alabama

129: R4 P25 C Alec Lindstrom - Boston College

184: R6 P6 DL Otito Ogbonnia - UCLA

202: R6 P24 P Jake Camarda - Georgia

229: R7 P10 CB Josh Jobe - Alabama

244: R7 P25 LB Brandon Smith - Penn State

No way Hall lasts until pick 57. I agree with Steve Tasker, I’m not using a 1st rd on Jordan Davis. Not when I can get a better player in Travis Jones in the 2nd

Zion Johnson

OG Boston College

Wan'Dale Robinson

WR Kentucky

Channing Tindall

LB Georgia

Zachary Carter

DT Florida

Alontae Taylor

CB Tennessee

Jaylen Watson

CB Washington State

Jake Camarda

P Georgia

Clarence Hicks

LB UTSA

Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa

EDGE Notre Dame

2023 BAL 4th

On 1/24/2022 at 12:36 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Trade out of the first round

C/G, DE, CB, TE in the first two days

I say the opposite trade up and get impact players  on both sides of the ball , get one impact player in free agency and fill the holes with mid level free agents , 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.