Draft speed, not defense

Awwufelloff

I think they may look to add speed and offense in free agency, I still think they will draft defense in the first round again this year. That’s been their M. O. since McDermott got here. They take defense in the first. Other than the Josh selection and even that year they still took defense a few picks later with their other 1st found pick.  

• Vomit 3
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

We also need D with speed. Corners and those off the Edge have to be quick. 

Watching DEs just walk in quicksand chasing QBs isn't fun.

Good point. I also think we win this game with Tre White out there. We were missing him dearly and I think all of us here knew we would when we faced the Chiefs. Tre White is pretty quick. We need to get faster guys out there. Speed is everything in todays NFL.

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Awwufelloff said:

Good point. I also think we win this game with Tre White out there. We were missing him dearly and I think all of us here knew we would when we faced the Chiefs. Tre White is pretty quick. We need to get faster guys out there. Speed is everything in todays NFL.

well, speed and strength.  Speed is what gets you Edmunds and light in the pants DL players. 

Beane said his number one priority this past off-season was drafting players who affected the QB. Rousseau and Basham aren’t athletic freaks, so after this game I’m sure he’s thinking “we need more team speed.” Who knows, had they selected Creed Humphrey (10 RAS) in round 2 instead of Basham, maybe the Chiefs don’t make it this far with such an important piece missing from their OL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Billznut said:

I think they may look to add speed and offense in free agency, I still think they will draft defense in the first round again this year. That’s been their M. O. since McDermott got here. They take defense in the first. Other than the Josh selection and even that year they still took defense a few picks later with their other 1st found pick.  

i hate it, you might be right.  I would do the total opposite. They have proven they suck at drafting D.  Get impact D in FA, and draft OG, WR, RB in 1st.  

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

Beane said his number one priority this past off-season was drafting players who affected the QB. Rousseau and Basham aren’t athletic freaks, so after this game I’m sure he’s thinking “we need more team speed.” Who knows, had they selected Creed Humphrey (10 RAS) in round 2 instead of Basham, maybe the Chiefs don’t make it this far with such an important piece missing from their OL.

take Nick Bolton or Humphrey.  Also, perhaps our OL is better and we have the 1 seed.  

Watch us end up with a bunch of guys who get pushed around on D.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I agree.  They might be able to slow KC's offense down a little bit,  but I'm not sure its realistic to expect to shut down that offense.  They're going to get their 30+ points.  The Bills can't ignore the D,  but for the most part,  they'd be better off playing to their biggest strength...#17....and adding more speed,  more playmakers,  and an improved OL. 

• Agree 2

We've needed speed for a while now.  Once Brown lost a step, we had nobody left that would strike fear into the defense when catching the ball.  Davis is a nice player and Diggs is great, but neither one of those guys are taking a slant to the house.  We have nice weapons that can win games, but we need more team speed on offense.  We need at least one guy on offense that is a threat to house it on any play. 

All that said, we missed Tre dearly tonight.  Our secondary got exposed tonight in their biggest test since he went down.  No doubt in my mind we win this game if he is playing, but it just shows we need another top CB on this team to complete this defense. 

The needs we all thought we had weeks ago are still the same.  CB, WR (combo speed and size guy), G, and speed off the edge.  Hughes and Addison are done.  They were our vets and they may have been the worst ends we had tonight getting faked out continually by Mahomes when they shouldn't have been.  For the amount of money they were making, they can head out and we can try and upgrade off the edge.  Still think there Rousseau is going to be a player.  He flashed this season and now with a full season under his belt, and now a full offseason to train and add to his gigantic frame, I think he will be much better and more consistent next year.  But we need a guy opposite him that can get to the QB.  The challenge is finding that guy with the financial issues we will have with Allen's contract set to kick in soon and some of the option guys we will be giving raises to like Oliver and Edmunds. 

Oh......one more thing......  GET A REAL PUNTER IN HERE!!!

Edited by sven233
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, sven233 said:

We've needed speed for a while now.  Once Brown lost a step, we had nobody left that would strike fear into the defense when catching the ball.  Davis is a nice player and Diggs is great, but neither one of those guys are taking a slant to the house.  We have nice weapons that can win games, but we need more team speed on offense.  We need at least one guy on offense that is a threat to house it on any play. 

All that said, we missed Tre dearly tonight.  Our secondary got exposed tonight in their biggest test since he went down.  No doubt in my mind we win this game if he is playing, but it just shows we need another top CB on this team to complete this defense. 

The needs we all thought we had weeks ago are still the same.  CB, WR (combo speed and size guy), G, and speed off the edge.  Hughes and Addison are done.  They were our vets and they may have been the worst ends we had tonight getting faked out continually by Mahomes when they shouldn't have been.  For the amount of money they were making, they can head out and we can try and upgrade off the edge.  Still think there Rousseau is going to be a player.  He flashed this season and now with a full season under his belt, and now a full offseason to train and add to his gigantic frame, I think he will be much better and more consistent next year.  But we need a guy opposite him that can get to the QB.  The challenge is finding that guy with the financial issues we will have with Allen's contract set to kick in soon and some of the option guys we will be giving raises to like Oliver and Edmunds. 

100% agreed. Go speed WR and speed CB in the draft as well as o-linemen. Anything else and I will puke at this point. 

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Clyde, Mckinnon. How big of an impact did those guys have vs Rousseau and Basham?

All I'm seeing here is draft better. If Rousseau or Basham were better players and get the Chiefs off the field for one of their drives then we win.

31 minutes ago, OZBILLS said:

We also need D with speed. Corners and those off the Edge have to be quick. 

Watching DEs just walk in quicksand chasing QBs isn't fun.

Boogie is so damn slow. He'll never be a sack guy. Epenesa is so disappointing and who knows if Groot develops?  Addison & Hughes are 100% gone. Back to the drawing finding real pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

All I'm seeing here is draft better. If Rousseau or Basham were better players and get the Chiefs off the field for one of their drives then we win.

But they didn’t, so here we are. We know who did well for the Bills this game. Allen and Davis. We draft better on offense than defense. Just stick to what we do best. 

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There were more than a few people that wanted that you can’t really go back in time and change those pics Boogey looked good as a first round pick at the beginning and no he was not my first round pick

Not me... I hated the pick...

But then I wanted Cody Ford when they picked him so swings and roundabouts I guess 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.