It was a hard loss AND we closed the gap

BillsFan619

Because football is win or go home in the playoffs, because you’re judged by wins and losses, sometimes the feelings are too black and white.

Yes, it was gut wrenching. Yes, I still can’t believe that we couldn’t stop them with 13 seconds left. 13 SECONDS! It was a tough, hard loss and it’s going to be a long off-season.

This isn’t a moral victory post. We lost and didn’t achieve our ultimate goal. That said, we still closed the gap. Progress was still made.

Last year we lost to them at home and didn’t play well and then we got embarrassed in the AFC Championship game. We weren’t on the same level with them and it showed.

This year, we beat them by eighteen points in the regular season and lost a heartbreaker in OT in the playoffs. Many would consider us to be pretty even with the Chiefs now, or at the very least, very stiff competition. We belonged on that field tonight and it went down to the wire.  That’s so much different than last year.

I know it most likely feels black and white for most people right now and many of you will disagree. That said, while it was a gut wrenching loss, we still closed the gap.

Because of #17, we’re not going anywhere and we’ll be back. Let’s get better in the off-season and get back to it in 2022. Go Bills!

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 15
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8
  • Dislike 2

9 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

Because football is win or go home in the playoffs, because you’re judged by wins and losses, sometimes the feelings are too black and white.

Yes, it was gut wrenching. Yes, I still can’t believe that we couldn’t stop them with 13 seconds left. 13 SECONDS! It was a tough, hard loss and it’s going to be a long off-season.

This isn’t a moral victory post. We lost and didn’t achieve our ultimate goal. That said, we still closed the gap. Progress was still made.

Last year we lost to them at home and didn’t play well and then we got embarrassed in the AFC Championship game. We weren’t on the same level with them and it showed.

This year, we beat them by eighteen points in the regular season and lost a heartbreaker in OT in the playoffs. That’s so much different than last year. We belonged on that field tonight and it went down to the wire.

I know it most likely feels black and white for most people right now and many of you will disagree. That said, while it was a gut wrenching loss, we still closed the gap.

We’re not going anywhere, we’ll be back. Let’s get better in the off-season and get back to it in 2022. Go Bills!

Yep we went from last season where honesty the Chiefs mauled us in both game to this season where we won one game by 18 points and lost the 2nd in OT  with BOTH games being played in KC. 

I would dd that this is consistent with the steady progress made by the whole team from 2018 to now.  As dark as it seems now the future is bright.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What gap did we close?  Last year they made it to the AFC Championship game.  This year they didn't make it out of the divisional round. Went 0-6 in one score games.  Lost to the Jags. Lost to Pats at home.  OL regressed. DL didn't get any better. Edmunds didn't get any better.  Moss regressed.  Ford regressed wchih is amazing as he was bad to begin with.  Allen continued to be a superstar.  Knox, Davis, and Singletary are they only guys that got better.  Brown, Bass, Davis, and maybe Rousseau are the only guys contributing in two draft classes.  

With all that Allen still had his team and our city in the lead with 13 seconds left.  McDermott blew it.  He is our version of Dungy, Schottenheimer, Reid (without Mahommes) or Reeves.  He is not the guy that is going to get our city a trophy.  We will suffer through one more year of failure and then Pegula will realize McD has brought us as far as he can.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes so poly Anna not acceptable.. our coach can’t win big game .. facts 

What’s so pollyanna about acknowledging a tough loss and mentioning that they didn’t achieve their ultimate goal but also acknowledging that progress was made because the gap between the bills and chiefs have closed?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

What gap did we close?  Last year they made it to the AFC Championship game.  This year they didn't make it out of the divisional round. Went 0-6 in one score games.  Lost to the Jags. Lost to Pats at home.  OL regressed. DL didn't get any better. Edmunds didn't get any better.  Moss regressed.  Ford regressed wchih is amazing as he was bad to begin with.  Allen continued to be a superstar.  Knox, Davis, and Singletary are they only guys that got better.  Brown, Bass, Davis, and maybe Rousseau are the only guys contributing in two draft classes.  

With all that Allen still had his team and our city in the lead with 13 seconds left.  McDermott blew it.  He is our version of Dungy, Schottenheimer, Reid (without Mahommes) or Reeves.  He is not the guy that is going to get our city a trophy.  We will suffer through one more year of failure and then Pegula will realize McD has brought us as far as he can.  

The Chiefs are the gold standard in the AFC.

As I mentioned, we didn’t belong on the same field with them last year. This year, we beat them and went to the wire with them in the playoffs.

just because we met them in the divisional round this year vs. the AFC championship game last year doesn’t mean that we didn’t close the gap against the team to beat in the AFC.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Your list of "failed" coaches is hilarious. I hope McD is our version of those coaches. Two of them won Super Bowls. The tother two won bushels of games. Reeves won multiple conference championships and was NFL Coach of the Year twice. I love your definition of failure. I guess it includes 99% of coaches who ever coached, including a number of HOFers. McD will be in good company if he is one of those guys. According to you, the Chiefs never should have hired Reid, I guess.

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Here's a plus. The Cheifs' set of ultra fast receivers will age/decline faster than Josh.

Kelce in particular could fall off quickly. He's 32 years old with a lot of miles. But with our luck, he'll probably be elite for another 8 years.

12 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

We really didn’t close the gap. Josh is the best player in the league and these last two games proved it. The rest of the team is tagging along, especially the defense. Lots have to change on that side of the ball for the Bills to win a super bowl. 

He was not the best player in the league last year…sounds like progress to me 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It’s ok to be pissed.  Horrendous 13 seconds of coaching decisions. If i’m frazier or mcdermott, I’m not even sure how I face the team.  They let everybody down.  All I know is somebody needs to go and it ain’t gonna be mcdermott.  People will get even more angry as more time goes by.  We would’ve been favored at home against Cincy and would’ve been favorites against Rams or 49ers.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yep.  Serious questions.  And apparently a lot of holes we've been filling for 4 years aren't filled.  

And the bold is an even bigger indictment of the coaches then what happened tonight.  

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McD Showaltered the franchise.  We're forever grateful.  

Might be time to find Joe Torre.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.