Allen makes Dabboll look good.

1onemangang7

We all saw what Allen did in week 5.  We also  witnessed the heater Allen was on coming into this game.

So can somebody explain to me why the hell the Bills ran so many plays out of a double back set?

And what was with the dump offs early in the game? Those plays were designed to have the flat be the first read.

Allen's fourth quarter can only leave us imaging what would the result have been if he were allowed to throw deep the first 3 quarters.

It was almost as if someone was trying to prove to the Giants that he can run a smash mouth offense.🤔

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, WMDman said:

That drive with 3 straight runs was particularly brutal

I know it sounds dramatic, but stuff like that can lose you a game in a situation where everyone knows a shootout is in the cards. 3 straight plays where Allen doesn't have the ball in his hands. Just horrible

Play calling was way too conservative considering we had a perfect game last week. The lull in the middle of the game was pretty much it. Also, aside from this game Daboll had pretty poor play calling all season. In the middle of the year we were having offensive line issues and he wouldn't adjust (see Jags game). It cost us several games.

Maybe he is a good play designer, but he is not a good play caller. Even on the final 2 drives it was all Allen. Play calling was not good.

11 minutes ago, gridirongold said:

He can go now. Hope it's announced tomorrow. Running him like he's Jim Braxton won't help his longevity. Coveted opening to inherit a Josh Allen led offense.  

Daboll has done Allen immeasurable good.  He’s helped him grow from one of the rawest rookie QBs I’ve ever seen to what he is now.  And Daboll tailored an offense that emphasized Allen’s strengths and minimized his weaknesses.  He did an incredible job with Allen. 

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

people are griping about the 13 seconds and the D. My main complaint was the offensive playcalling. Took all game for the Bills to take the training wheels off and let Josh cook. A lot of wasted possessions in the 3rd quarter running Gilliam out in the flat. 

This is true, but the Chiefs had a couple offensive brain-farts too, like when they put a scrub TE at QB on a key third down.  That cost them 4 points.

3 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

We all saw what Allen did in week 5.  We also  witnessed the heater Allen was on coming into this game.

So can somebody explain to me why the hell the Bills ran so many plays out of a double back set?

And what was with the dump offs early in the game? Those plays were designed to have the flat be the first read.

Allen's fourth quarter can only leave us imaging what would the result have been if he were allowed to throw deep the first 3 quarters.

It was almost as if someone was trying to prove to the Giants that he can run a smash mouth offense.🤔

17 was the best player in the playoffs through the first 2 rounds despite Duhboll calling plays. He was a garbage OC through the first 3 quarters of this game with some absolutely head scratching calls in the opening 40 minutes of play. Hopefully this is goodbye to him.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Daboll did a great job IMO and the success of Allen on a huge stage means he is going to be a HC this week.

Duhboll was one of, if not, the biggest reason we lost tonight. When you have Josh Allen as your QB and the other team's defensive backfield captain leaves the game, you don't get conservative and start running more. 17 to 13 should've been happening all night long. They had no answer for it.

He averaged 20 yards per target, 25 yards per reception and a TD every 2.5 targets. They should've targeted him 20 times tonight or until the defense adjusted. That's what a good OC does.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

23 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

I can't wait to be rid of Daboll - however I suspect keeping 2 backs in may have been to help the interior OL out with KC's pass rush.

This Bills regime has invested nothing in their guards and it shows - just like it showed last year.

15 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Not sure either coordinator is getting a HC gig.

Well we're definitely stuck with Frazier for another season after this performance.

Edited by BobChalmers

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.