How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

4 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Not squib kicking it with 13 seconds left is the ultimate coaching blunder. Then playing soft coverage when KC only needs a field goal is even worse. Inexcusable. Coaching cost us a super bowl

It really did.   No doubt.   It was 13 seconds of doing everything you dont want to do with a lead and kicking off with 13 seconds.  If Payton takes a year off, I would be all over him in 23 if McD doesnt get it done next year.   Coaches be lining up to coach Josh.

Edited by billsfan714
  • Like (+1) 2

The most gutless way to lose a game over ever seen. Jauron was run out of town because his defense didn't cover the sidelines at the end of a regular season Monday night game. This chump just lost a playoff game because he didn't cover the entire field with 13 seconds left. Gutless gutless gutless. ***** gross. Strike out swinging for Christ sakes. *****

43 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

You mean the obvious decision to not squib and lose the game? Sorry we do that we win! Not that hard hire DaBoll fire McD and LF and ST. 

We aren’t there yet because our coach lost us the game !

Does not matter they have Tanny we have JA 

If the rams don't win it all should they fire mcvay? 

1 hour ago, damj said:

Stop it! McDermott has had us in the play-offs 4 of the last 5 years. How quickly you forget the 2 decades of shot we endured before he came here. Want to brink back Rex Ryan? Dick Jauron? Stop being stupid.

Well if he had any logic we sqibb and win this game.. not to mention our horrible D 

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

If the rams don't win it all should they fire mcvay? 

If he doesn’t sqib with 13 seconds yes .. what is your point ?

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

They wouldn't have to settle for 2nd or 3rd tier coaches this time around.

Guessing about 99% of coaches would like to coach JA.. this loss falls directly on McD 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

If he doesn’t sqib with 13 seconds yes .. what is your point ?

It has been a very disappointing night. 

Let me understand this:

McDermott should be fired because he wanted the ball kicked out of the end zone with 13 seconds left right? Because it wasn't squib kicked he should be fired? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, harryS said:

You have to nip it in the bud now.  By the time most Bills fans have figured out that he's a coach that will get us to the playoffs again and again but choke with his situational game management, we'll have wasted Josh's prime.

Look, when we were in the midst of the long playoff drought, I would've killed to have a Marty Schottenheimer coach our team and change our culture and reliably take us to the playoffs.  But now that we have Marty S, it's time to fire him and upgrade.

He’s probably more of a Marvin Lewis…Bills fans are happy with just making the playoffs…

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, london_bills said:

Let me understand this:

McDermott should be fired because he wanted the ball kicked out of the end zone with 13 seconds left right? Because it wasn't squib kicked he should be fired? 

Yes if he does so we win… why is that difficult to comprehend?  8 seconds equal no fg … game over… when our D has been exceptionally vulnerable we have them 3 not 2 plays 

1 hour ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

0-6 in 1 possession games speaks a lot about the coaching and I’ve said it all year. McDermott gets one more year, then the Bills need to hire someone with a solid reputation that would be Salivating at the chance to lead Josh Allen and this team. 

We need an offensive minded head coach He thinks to much like a defensive coordinator and his scheme is bad. He refuses to blitz. He plays to not lose instead of win. 

11 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

When this team stops consistently winning is when he’ll run out of chances. 

Welcome to above average football.. I’m ready for better 

1 minute ago, popcornpam said:

We need an offensive minded head coach He thinks to much like a defensive coordinator and his scheme is bad. He refuses to blitz. He plays to not lose instead of win. 

I’m ready for change JA and fans deserve better 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes if he does so we win… why is that difficult to comprehend?  8 seconds equal no fg … game over… when our D has been exceptionally vulnerable we have them 3 not 2 plays 

You don't know that would have been the outcome although I hear your point for the squib. Squib might not go as far as the 20 of KC. Yes.. but like someone else has said they could fall on the ball with no time taken off. They could also return it for a touchdown, although unlikely.

Someone else said this and I agree, he was scared of hill after the touchdown run. 

My point would be that it is not fireable.

2 hours ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

Log off.  Come back when you’re reasonable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, london_bills said:

Let me understand this:

Noone thinks Squid kick take a knee to whatever spot for Mahomes to start. Instead 25 yard line could of been 30 or 35 whatever to start.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

48 minutes ago, harryS said:

You have to nip it in the bud now.  By the time most Bills fans have figured out that he's a coach that will get us to the playoffs again and again but choke with his situational game management, we'll have wasted Josh's prime.

Look, when we were in the midst of the long playoff drought, I would've killed to have a Marty Schottenheimer coach our team and change our culture and reliably take us to the playoffs.  But now that we have Marty S, it's time to fire him and upgrade.

Literally the same thing was said about Andy Reid.  Tony dungy. Etc.

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Ok let’s say no time off clock (unlikely) 

we then rush 1 or 2.. bring in DB’s and double … Mahomes is trying to throw not scramble.. your protecting multiple poor decisions the first of which is 50:50 at best they fall on ball

You mean they could of rushed less? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.