How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

16 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

Even though many fans here probably don't realize it, McDermott DOES have to win at some point.

And your questions are relevant, or at least will be relevant at some point in time.

How long he gets?  How will success or failure be defined?

Those are questions no fan can answer.

But they will be answered at some point in time by Pegula.

If we win a SB SOON, it won't matter.

If we don't, things will get more interesting.

Just now, 727Bills said:

What's the excuse when the same B's story plays out next year... Or the year after?

I mean it was UGLY to give up that field goal especially I can understand salty I cant understand this discussion with no viable alternative that wouldnt REGRESS the system.....grass is always greener allegedly

19 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

Are you saying 30 head coaches per year should be fired> 

Seriously?  There are problems with this team, and the head coach isn't perfect, but there is no way you make a change now.  Even if they get to the playoffs next season and lose to KC again.

Just as much of a job a head coach has is not only to coach the games, but to work with the GM in the offseason to make changes to the roster and the gameplan.  If you are in the playoffs and within 1 possession of moving on, you don't change coaches.

Don't fix what isn't broken. This team doesn't take a step back after tonight. Yes, in our eyes, Allen is right up there with Mahomes. Any other playoff QB is a scrub compared to both these guys. Mahomes and Allen are at THAT level, so for us to recognize Allen as an elite QB, we have to give the same recognition to Mahomes. Granted, if Mahomes didn't have Reid, he'd probably be a scrub himself. I wanna be pissed off, but with Allen's last 2 performances, I feel secure in knowing that this conference will be ours and will probably stay ours for years, Mahomes or no Mahomes. If Frazier goes, then bring in a replacement to make our team completely unstoppable

1 minute ago, CDogg20 said:

McD has taken this franchise a LONG way, if we fire him we deserve whats coming

its frustration and grief talking..........Head coaches to take their teams consistently to playoffs dont grow on trees..mcdermott fired ...he'd be snapped up in a NY minute

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 2

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Too much of this fanbase is happy just to have a team, get drunk tailgating, and not actually serious about winning. They embrace being lovable losers. It's pathetic.

31 teams won't win the super bowl this year. If you look back at the last 32 years, the bills should statistically have won 1 and participated in 2. We won zero and participated in 4.   The whole league other than a couple of teams are "losers"

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, damj said:

Stop it! McDermott has had us in the play-offs 4 of the last 5 years. How quickly you forget the 2 decades of shot we endured before he came here. Want to brink back Rex Ryan? Dick Jauron? Stop being stupid.

They wouldn't have to settle for 2nd or 3rd tier coaches this time around.

4 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Too much of this fanbase is happy just to have a team, get drunk tailgating, and not actually serious about winning. They embrace being lovable losers. It's pathetic.

hmmmm spsectfully baloney.....just because we're  not blowing up the franchise doesnt mean we're happy with tonights outcome. Firing McDermott would set this franchise Back and then theyd be calling for the next coach...........meh I think I need away from the chat right now........Im hurting too this isnt helping. 

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.