How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Hill wasn’t out on that kick for a return. It should not have been a squib, but a high kick to the 10 yard line, the squib is not reliable to get far enough down field.

Yes I know hill wasnt out there, talking about what as probably going through his mind that influenced the decision. Yes I take the high kick point 

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

A lot

He has turned the culture around and has the team playing hard every game, playoffs in 4 of 5 years?  We have a young QB who could be the best in the league for another 10 years.  These threads are tiresome, its like saying that you should be fired after a mistake at work no matter what it is because people are perfect and dont make mistakes.

I’m convinced some of these people became Bills fans during that 10-6 playoff season ……they have no recollection of the playoff drought and how bad it was being a Bills fan around that time.

14 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Its not that he makes mistakes, everyone does.  I think the biggest issues are his in game management errors have not gotten consistently better over the 5 years.   When game gets tight, so do his decisions and coaching especially against Andy Reid.  He cost this team wins in the biggest games of past 2 years in playoff games at KC.

Im not a fan of McD, he personally just annoys the hell out of me.  He is good coach, but good enough to win Super Bowl?  I don’t think so at this point.  He seems more Doug Collins than Phil Jackson. I don’t think he should be fired now, but some improvement in these areas better come soon.

We've dealt with his game management mistakes several times before.  Not kicking high and short was probably his bigger blunder. And considering he called those last 2 defensive timeouts only do change nothing tells me Frazier probably wasn't involved. Those 3 decisions completely ruined one of the greatest qb performances in NFL playoff history. I'm just so sick of waiting for McDermott to "learn from his mistakes".  How about not make them in the first place. He has Terry & Kim's support and I hate head coach carousels but Clappy better figure this out.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

2 hours ago, QCity said:

This ^

We're arguably the 2nd best team in the league.

"Fire the coach!!!" :lol:

WOW! I can’t say I’m shocked, but there was a LOT of emotional overreaction over the last 24 hours. 

It’s OK to vent for a bit, but the clean the house crowd is embarrassing themselves. The Bills are elite, they made mistakes and they let a great opportunity slip away. Live, learn, and move on. 

23 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Hill wasn’t out on that kick for a return. It should not have been a squib, but a high kick to the 10 yard line, the squib is not reliable to get far enough down field.

Sometimes squibs don't get past the 35 or 40 so there is risk there.  As you said and I've been screaming all day let Tyler pop the kick up around the 5 or 10. This forces Hardman to try and return it. Maybe they burn 4-5 seconds.  Now only time for one hail mary to get into FG range.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Sometimes squibs don't get past the 35 or 40 so there is risk there.  As you said and I've been screaming all day let Tyler pop the kick up around the 5 or 10. This forces Hardman to try and return it. Maybe they burn 4-5 seconds.  Now only time for one hail mary to get into FG range.

Exactly, and if they fair catch it, they are inside the 15 yard line or worse.

23 hours ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Mc-kick-it-deep stays. But the Pegulas buy Leslie Frazier a house in whatever team’s market that he interviews for. Make that move happen. With that talent,,,, the defense soiled a Dream game

No one is going to hire Frazier but we’ll likely wait a bit before we fire him. I feel bad for the guy but he can’t be here anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/23/2022 at 9:32 PM, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

Someone give this the sad emoji and then Thank You (Beer) emoji!  

Get all 12 right, break @Gugny

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup. He F'd up and you could see it in his face at the post game presser. He's literally had Bass make that exact kick about 20x this year.

It wasn't just an error, it was a huge error that simply can't be made.

And it's not a subjective type of decision that some might support--it was just straight up, objectively, WRONG.

KC still should not have won no matter what, however.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yup. He F'd up and you could see it in his face at the post game presser. He's literally had Bass make that exact kick about 20x this year.

Agreed and add in the defensive play calls with 13 sec left.  That was coaching malpractice at the end.  Hopefully this burns a hole in his heart and never lets that happen again.

25 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

Andy Reid

Became Head Coach in 1999 and won first SB in 2019 

Bill Belichick

Became Head Coach in 1991 and won first SB in 2001

Sean McDermott

Became Head Coach in 2017 and will win his first SB in ??

sshhhhhh... there's torches and pitchforks a gatherin'

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

After thinking it through I'm through with McFloormatt and we should be naming Brian Daboll as the Head Coach.  The gutsy offensive calls and play calling strategy.  McDermott got credited for it but he's not that gutsy psychologically he's done we hit a wall with him and his confidence is so shattered he'll never be able to get back up.  

There’s really nothing more to say than Your an idiot!!!

1 hour ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

4/5 years in the playoffs and people want him gone? Ok bring back the Dick Jauron years SMH

Better yet let’s bring back Mularkey or how about good ol’ Greg Williams for ***** and giggles. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I just wanted to put all of the gripes in one place since there are multiple threads for each issue:

1) kicking it in the end zone not forcing them to waste some time

2) having players covering the sidelines even though KC has 3 timeouts

3) not pressing or even having the coverage

close to kelce

4) calling the timeout(s). Kelce said after the game that gave them time to recognize Bills coverage. 

5) pass rushing 4 players instead of idk maybe zero. 

6) adding insult to injury in the post game presser by blaming “execution” and acting like they had “discussions” about all of the above. 

7) uttering the words “what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger”

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.