How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Some people are really talking with their feelings right now......I get it I am upset to

But just think about what you are saying.    This is probably the 2nd best team in the NFL right now.....it took a super human effort by Mahommes to beat us.

This team is biult to be competative for a WHILE.....you bring a new coach into that you could get a Rex Ryan situation.....I say no to that

McD isn’t going anywhere. And that’s a good thing in terms of keeping a really good thing going but it probably also means this team never wins a championship.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

McD isn’t going anywhere. And that’s a good thing in terms of keeping a really good thing going but it probably also means this team never wins a championship.

Why does it mean that.

Every year is a new year......this team was Super Bowl caliber if it was the 2nd best team in the league......so many things can happen over the course of a season that weakens KC or takes them out of it completely.

This team can totally win a championship.......we just came up short this year.  We lose more games we are probably in the AFC Championship.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why does it mean that.

Every year is a new year......this team was Super Bowl caliber if it was the 2nd best team in the league......so many things can happen over the course of a season that weakens KC or takes them out of it completely.

This team can totally win a championship.......we just came up short this year.  We lose more games we are probably in the AFC Championship.

McD had all off-season to plan for KC, spent a ton of capital on the D, and had his D playing their best ball. And the Chiefs destroyed him and Frazier. 
Outside of an injury derailing KC, I don’t think McD is capable of beating that team.

12 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

McD had all off-season to plan for KC, spent a ton of capital on the D, and had his D playing their best ball. And the Chiefs destroyed him and Frazier. 
Outside of an injury derailing KC, I don’t think McD is capable of beating that team.

He beat them earlier in the season and was a squib kick away from beating them a second time last night…

These type of threads are amazing. Yesterday was literally one of the greatest divisional playoff games in NFL history and we came up a little short. It happens. Disappointed we didn’t win? Sure. Wanting to blow up the coaching and team? Ridiculous. 

If we’d have won there would’ve been a ton of KC fans griping about how KC blew it after they gave the ball back with 1:09 left.

I’m sure there’s a bunch on here that remember our first SuperBowl and some of the reactions from the leaders of the team afterward when they were asked about the loss. Jim Kelly: “to lose like that is something I can’t understand” Thurman Thomas: “I should’ve been MVP” Bruce Smith “I should be defensive player of the year” etc………etc……..we love those players. They’re great players. But their comments showed a lot.

After yesterdays loss this is what Josh Allen had to state when asked about OT rules: “the rules are the rules and we would be celebrating if we won we didn’t make enough plays” that tells us the quality of leader we have under center of Buffalo Bills. The guy is a stud. A Leader. A Real Leader. I’m optimistic going forward and the journey this Buffalo Bills team is going to take us on as Josh Allen and the rest of the organization work to bring that SuperBowl Championship Trophy to Buffalo.

So appreciative of the players and coaching staff right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

That is just loser thinking. 

I love the Bills but let’s be honest, when discussing them, it’s going to sound like loser talk quite a bit.

51 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He beat them earlier in the season and was a squib kick away from beating them a second time last night…

Allen was a squib kick away from beating KC, McD wasn’t even close.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Some people are really talking with their feelings right now......I get it I am upset to

But just think about what you are saying.    This is probably the 2nd best team in the NFL right now.....it took a super human effort by Mahommes to beat us.

This team is built to be competative for a WHILE.....you bring a new coach into that you could get a Rex Ryan situation.....I say no to that

This ^

We're arguably the 2nd best team in the league.

"Fire the coach!!!" :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I would give him one more season. Take the year to evaluate every potential HC candidate under the sun and replace him if he can't at least reach the Super Bowl next year.

With Allen, this team could get any head coach they want for the first time in franchise history.

Its quite difficult to win the coaching lottery. How often does a team find a winning coach? How often does a team rebuild, lose, rince, repeat? Could you imagine being lucky enough to have two successful coaches in a row? What’s the likelihood that would happen? I seriously wonder what  the probability of that would be? In the history of the NFL, how many times has it been done? That a team fires their successful coach and manages to hire an even more successful coach? If it was that easy, wouldn’t more teams do it?

A lot

He has turned the culture around and has the team playing hard every game, playoffs in 4 of 5 years?  We have a young QB who could be the best in the league for another 10 years.  These threads are tiresome, its like saying that you should be fired after a mistake at work no matter what it is because people are perfect and dont make mistakes.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

A lot

He has turned the culture around and has the team playing hard every game, playoffs in 4 of 5 years?  We have a young QB who could be the best in the league for another 10 years.  These threads are tiresome, its like saying that you should be fired after a mistake at work no matter what it is because people are perfect and dont make mistakes.

Its not that he makes mistakes, everyone does.  I think the biggest issues are his in game management errors have not gotten consistently better over the 5 years.   When game gets tight, so do his decisions and coaching especially against Andy Reid.  He cost this team wins in the biggest games of past 2 years in playoff games at KC.

Im not a fan of McD, he personally just annoys the hell out of me.  He is good coach, but good enough to win Super Bowl?  I don’t think so at this point.  He seems more Doug Collins than Phil Jackson. I don’t think he should be fired now, but some improvement in these areas better come soon.

2 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Its not that he makes mistakes, everyone does.  I think the biggest issues are his in game management errors have not gotten consistently better over the 5 years.   When game gets tight, so do his decisions and coaching especially against Andy Reid.  He cost this team wins in the biggest games of past 2 years in playoff games at KC.

Im not a fan of McD, he personally just annoys the hell out of me.  He is good coach, but good enough to win Super Bowl?  I don’t think so at this point.  He seems more Doug Collins than Phil Jackson. I don’t think he should be fired now, but some improvement in these areas better come soon.

I believe thats your point right there.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, london_bills said:

You don't know that would have been the outcome although I hear your point for the squib. Squib might not go as far as the 20 of KC. Yes.. but like someone else has said they could fall on the ball with no time taken off. They could also return it for a touchdown, although unlikely.

Someone else said this and I agree, he was scared of hill after the touchdown run. 

My point would be that it is not fireable.

Hill wasn’t out on that kick for a return. It should not have been a squib, but a high kick to the 10 yard line, the squib is not reliable to get far enough down field.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.