How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

3 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Literally the same thing was said about Andy Reid.  Tony dungy. Etc.

And Gruden won a SB with Dungy’s guys 

1 minute ago, london_bills said:

You mean they could of rushed less? 

Bills rush 1 or 2 max and drop in coverage on 87 and 10… not sacking and PM not running 

McDermott and Daboll seem like good coaches that motivate their players and install good systems. Their play calling and gameday decisions are head scratching a lot. I'm just hoping it can improve, because other aspects of McDermott's coaching seems really good...

I actually think it has improved some. They got outcoached way worse last year in the AFCCG.

12 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Welcome to above average football.. I’m ready for better 

I’m ready for change JA and fans deserve better 

We’re one of the best teams in the league.

I’m confused who you think we can hire that’s immediately better than McD. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

Literally the same thing was said about Andy Reid.  Tony dungy. Etc.

And both those coaches were fired, and the teams that fired them won the Super Bowl without them.  In Dungy's case, his replacement won it.

Not saying McDermott should be fired, but his game management definitely needs to improve.  It's not unhead off for teams to fire a coach who plateaus short of the Super Bowl.  Other teams have done it, and have been rewarded for doing so.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

We’re one of the best teams in the league.

I’m confused who you think we can hire that’s immediately better than McD. 

If there's even a remote chance you can roll up a Brinks truck to Flores' house and ask him to be our new DC, if I'm Pegula...I take that chance.

• Like (+1) 1

My questions for MCD

why did it take so long to get Isah McKenzie involved

Where was gabe Davis all season long

why did Emmanuel sanders not fit this offense. 

why did it take until game 13 to find the right Oline combo

why was Singletary not able to produce until week 13 on. 

what happened to Zach moss

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mannc said:

So a Marvin Lewis-type record (with a Hall of Fame quarterback) is cool with you?

Marvin Lewis literally has never won a playoff game. The comparison you’re making is such a bad one. I get it, you’re upset and aren’t thinking rationally.

Lots of upset people want to fire McD but nobody has yet to give who they’d want as a replacement that takes this team to the next level. 

Just now, QLBillsFan said:

Game decisions cost us potential SB.. you either get it right or you don’t. DaBoll HC new DC 

This is laughable. Go to sleep. You’re drunk.

• Like (+1) 1

As well as 0-6 in close games we only won three games against play off sides this year, and two of those were against the Pats. Otherwise in our (overall) 12-7 season, five of the defeats came against play off sides. We’re flat track bullies who cannot turn the screw when it matters - and that comes down to coaching. McDermott should stay, despite my emotional side not caring if I wake up tomorrow to find out he’s left, but he needs to learn fast.

9 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

And both those coaches were fired, and the teams that fired them won the Super Bowl without them.  In Dungy's case, his replacement won it.

Not saying McDermott should be fired, but his game management definitely needs to improve.  It's not unhead off for teams to fire a coach who plateaus short of the Super Bowl.  Other teams have done it, and have been rewarded for doing so.

I would say... at least a couple more chances. He's the best coach we've had in like 25 years by a huge margin, and he's basically running into his mentor the last 2 years. 

10 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Marvin Lewis literally has never won a playoff game. The comparison you’re making is such a bad one. I get it, you’re upset and aren’t thinking rationally.

Lots of upset people want to fire McD but nobody has yet to give who they’d want as a replacement that takes this team to the next level. 

I didn’t say fire him, but if we lose to KC in the playoffs again next year, it will be time to wonder if he’s the right guy to get us a championship trophy, which has to be the goal. After the way this game ended, it’s entirely fair to ask some tough questions…

• Awesome! (+1) 1

trying to think outside the box, maybe McD can stay but he has to hand over game management duties to someone else.  just hire any of the top 100 ranked Madden players in the world, for example.

so, for example, with 13 seconds left in tonight's game, McD has to ask some 13-yr-old pimply faced Japanese kid what to do.  "I would squib kick, coach"

maybe this sort of power sharing dynamic can win us the super bowl.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dneveu said:

I would say... at least a couple more chances. He's the best coach we've had in like 25 years by a huge margin, and he's basically running into his mentor the last 2 years. 

Yeah, I think there's changes that need to be made in his approach and staff.

I kind of see him in the same spot as Levy after the Browns wildcard loss.  

Up until that game the Bills won a couple of division titles, lost in the AFC championship game, but were still a conservative team.

They fell behind big time in that wildcard game, and resorted to using the no-huddle hurry up.  They fell just short, but switched to the no-huddle full-time the next year.

McDermott is kind of in the same place now.  He's got a lot of good and even great things going, but he needs to fine tune and maximize those things, and abandon the things that aren't working.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, L Ron Burgundy said:

I mean, this would be more on Beane then Mcclapinslap.  We were built to beat the Chiefs but the defensive speed is nowhere near their level.  Should have tried some in season improvements.  Not that I advocate moving on from him but we're just a red c hair away from the Chiefs level.

That's why I think we should copy the chiefs and draft a hill like matchup problem 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.