How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

1 minute ago, 727Bills said:

So now mahomes is Brady...

Was just making the point that we don't need to fire McDermott because we lost this game. It happens. We're built to win and it's hard to believe Allen won't win us a superbowl. Just sucks it isn't this year 

Just now, Steptide said:

Was just making the point that we don't need to fire McDermott because we lost this game. It happens. We're built to win and it's hard to believe Allen won't win us a superbowl. Just sucks it isn't this year 

Well you may have missed the HC/GM talking about how they built this team to beat the chiefs.... But um we haven't beaten them

So how many more years do they get to build the team to beat KC before we say enough is enough 

For everything that this coaching staff has done for this franchise, they may have delivered themselves the kiss of death tonight. 

That decision after Josh won the game leaving only 13 seconds on the clock is as big of a failure as you can get, and it will be talked about for years to come.

This team may never recover, and it's all because he screwed up royally, once again.

I don't know what you do at this point. I suppose you see if they can get past it next season, but if not...then you really have to decide if you wanna be contenders or champions.

McDermott doesn't have championship coaching DNA

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This reminds me of the raptors.  We were a strong team in contention.  Coach Dwayne Casey was doing a great job of developing the young talent but he could never get us over the hump.

The raptors fired him and promoted Nick Nurse.  I disagreed with the firing at the time, but it turned out different skills were needed for a contending team vs a developing team - and a new coach and some bold all in trades got us a championship.

I’m undecided about Sean.  I think I’d give him one more year, he knows what in game shortcomings he needs to adjust and it’s not that hard.  Either team could have won it - and losing both coin tosses may have been as much of a factor as anything.

Sucks tho, a different strategy at the end of the 4th and we’d be hosting next weekend.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

This is the same thing people said about Andy Reid

who never won a SB with a loaded Philly team, and lucked into one with a loaded KC team.  Reid is overrated, IMO.  

That said, Bean is the bigger issue.  I mean, we have Allen and zip on the front 7 to pressure other QB's.  Another offseason of adding non impactful players and Bean should be gone.  

1 minute ago, Man with No Name said:

josh allen is a once in a lifetime qb, but winning a SB is guaranteed to nobody. 

BUT, if they are ever to replace McDermott, they better have a really darn good plan.  

look to matt stafford to see how easily a really good qb's career can be almost completely wasted. 

And Stafford was not/is not as good as Allen.  You need other players.  Or look at Marino.  Basically went to a SB and never again.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

who never won a SB with a loaded Philly team, and lucked into one with a loaded KC team.  Reid is overrated, IMO.  

That said, Bean is the bigger issue.  I mean, we have Allen and zip on the front 7 to pressure other QB's.  Another offseason of adding non impactful players and Bean should be gone.  

And Stafford was not/is not as good as Allen.  You need other players.  Or look at Marino.  Basically went to a SB and never again.  

good call on marino. i know it helps to be optimistic, but there is a very real chance that we blew the best shot we will ever have at the SB this year. 

this one hurts really, really bad

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, arcane said:

Sean will be here as long as he wants to be. And he and Josh will get us over this hump. I'm bummed it didn't happen in January 2022, but all of this will make the eventual triumph so much sweeter.

Sean will be here unless Bean fails to add impact players for him and he gets axed with Bean.  We have to draft impact players or, I'd see what PGH wants for Watt.  That guy takes over a game on D like no one since, well, Bruce.  Send Edmunds (they can have 2 Edmunds again) and 2-3 firsts.  We likely pick later in the first, and Bean blows those anyway, so I expect it's not much loss for us and a huge gain.  

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

I said the Bills one score losses is more about preparation and focus in those situations and Bills were 0-5 entering the game in one score games(now 0-6), you seemed to disagree and suggested that had nothing to do with their poor close game record. 

I never said it was a fluke.  You’re putting words in my mouth.  

So the Bills weren’t focused or prepared I guess.  Played like crap all night I guess would be your opinion.  

I don’t think you take Bills losses that badly because the silver lining for you is you get to b****. 

45 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

McD is going to be here a long time and rightfully so. 

My only knock on McDermott now is that unfortunately he has to keep making terrible mistakes to be able to learn from them. Not doing the squib kick with 13 seconds left is one of those moments he can remember for next season. Unfortunately, he has to be on top of it the first time

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.