How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

10 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

None. Get rid of him.  He will never win a Super Bowl. 

• Vomit 1

I would have fired him if we stumbled and didn’t make the playoffs. This loss will stick to him forever. He gets 1 more year and if they don’t get to the super bowl he’s gone. You cannot waste years when you have this much talent on the team. 

ive disliked McDermott since he punted the ball in the colts snow game years ago when we needed to win the game and not tie. We got a miracle to go our way and we won the game but right then and there I never felt fully comfortable that this is the guy that is going to win a Super Bowl. It’s ok he got the team on the right track but I’m not going to sit back and let this guy make ridiculously bad late game decisions year after year. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

12 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

Next year will be a huge year for him. With most likely Daboll leaving and maybe even Leslie (although I doubt it after tonight’s debacle), it will say a lot what McD can do with new coordinator(s). 

if he continues to make playoffs and win, I don’t see how you could fire him. He’s a really good coach. He will learn from his mistakes. My only worry is when our window starts to close due to cap limitations. 

Only way McD gets fired next year is if the team somehow wins only 5 games. That would be a huge failure with massive amounts of talent. I don’t see that happening. 

hot takes express in here McDermott is going nowhere and to fire a coach with his record after a horrific loss is knee jerk and imo silly reaction. Criticize and THEN name a replacement who is better and then I'll take this topic seriously

11 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

He's a loser.  Anyone that doesn't want him gone is delusional or has a loser mentality.  He's so absurdly bad.  We are a laughing stock. 

9 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He does just enough to justify his job with the owner. Just like Marvin Lewis.

Terry doesn't have the stones to fire McDermott.

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He gets one more year.  He is a loser but there is zero chance Pegula fires him. 

Flame out again next year and they can get rid of him. 

Is everyone feeling a little emotional, or do we really want to run the guy out of town who took us from no playoffs in 20 years to playoffs 4 out of 5 years? 

If Mahomes didn't play like a god in the last 2 minutes, would you be saying this? Good lord.

Just now, muppy said:

hot takes express in here McDermott is going nowhere and to fire a coach with his record after a horrific loss is knee jerk and imo silly reaction. Criticize and THEN name a replacement who is better and then I'll take this topic seriously

What's the excuse when the same B's story plays out next year... Or the year after?

Just now, Rigotz said:

Is everyone feeling a little emotional, or do we really want to run the guy out of town who took us from no playoffs in 20 years to playoffs 4 out of 5 years? 

If Mahomes didn't play like a god in the last 2 minutes, would you be saying this? Good lord.

Biggest loser mentality.  We were bad before so this is okay? Dude. Come on. 

13 SECONDS. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rigotz said:

We were supposedly built for beating the chiefs.... Right from the horses (coaches) mouth.... Well I'm waiting 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.