How many chances does McDermott have left?

Igotbills

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

Does McDermott get 1 more shot? 2? 

if we meet KC again next year and lose again, do part ways? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 14
  • Eyeroll 17
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 4
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Igotbills said:

McDermott flipped the franchises around but at some point getting to the divisional round/ afc championship game aren’t enough. 

No. Just…… no.

Had to be a guy with 10 posts.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

No. Just…… no.

Had to be a guy with 10 posts.

I have followed this board a long time, just don’t post. I think it’s a good question and worth a discussion. Do you think no change is needed if we lose again to kc next year? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

He's a loser.  Anyone that doesn't want him gone is delusional or has a loser mentality.  He's so absurdly bad.  We are a laughing stock. 

Literally no one outside this forum believes this. National media is raving about this game. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Igotbills said:

No. If we miss the playoffs next year I might be willing to have the conversation. For now he remains the right man whatever mistakes he made tonight.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

He does just enough to justify his job with the owner. Just like Marvin Lewis.

Terry doesn't have the stones to fire McDermott.

He's much better than Marvin Lewis. Marvin Lewis never won a playoff game. 

The question I wonder is if he's Dan Reeves to John Elway.

McDermott is just not a very clever coach. We all applaud him for his process and culture burgers that he cooks up. But how awful was our D tonight. The only D lineman that gave a damn tonight was Ed with 1 sack and 2 TFL's. Oliver also got held 3-4 times as Hussey ignored it. Our pass rushing DE's should take that embarrassment question from Sullivan. I don't know what to make of Clappy anymore. Squib the f ing ball dumbass.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He gets one more year.  He is a loser but there is zero chance Pegula fires him. 

Flame out again next year and they can get rid of him. 

There will be a ton of Bills fans who disagree with you here, mostly because they are afraid we will screw up the hiring of his replacement.

So they assume better to stick with the one you know forever.

Some men remain married to the wrong woman for 30 years based on the same thinking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I think the two coordinators are more likely to take the hit for the mistakes of this game.  Daboll didn't use his best weapon (Josh's arm) enough.  Frazier played a prevent D at the end and in the OT and it cost the game.   McD could overrule them, but those issues need to be debated ahead of the game.  McD at most nods his head when the calls are made in the heat of battle.  And, remember, Levy never won a SB either, and he was never fired as I recall. (different owner then)  I am happy to be in the playoffs each year, and, take a shot at the SB.  Might or might not get one in my lifetime.  BUT, we were entertained.  Sorry, lots of franchises would take McD now, and the Pegs are all in keeping him here.  (me also btw)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.