Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

7 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

Ill keep drafting them until I find some who can make plays.   Kind of like how the Cards didnt hesitate to dump Rosen and use another no.1 on a qb.   

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nope.  We need another TE, a speed WR or two, and probably another interior lineman. No more defensive JAGs with our top picks…

I hope you enjoy losing to KC again next year.  Maybe our strategy will be to never punt and score every possession, thats doable in some fantasy world.  Here Josh, just score 47 every week and never punt, thats all were asking.   

Edited by billsfan714

grab a difference-maker in FA.  PPL will WANT TO come here.  Reddick, Chandler Jones, and a OG.  

In the draft, you take BPA.  We don't have a roster that is laden with untouchable talent.  BPA (unless qb, then trade down).  I don't care if it's a freaking safety, you take BPA.  We could use another RB, OG, OT, WR, C (Morse gets hurt we are screwed) on offense.  On defense, we need everything in the front 7, and even if a CB is BPA, take him.  

grab a difference-maker in FA.  PPL will WANT TO come here.  Reddick, Chandler Jones, and a OG.  We NEED an impact front 7 in FA.  That's my main FA wish. 

In the draft, you take BPA.  We don't have a roster that is laden with untouchable talent.  BPA (unless qb, then trade down).  I don't care if it's a freaking safety, you take BPA.  We could use another RB, OG, OT, WR, C (Morse gets hurt we are screwed) on offense.  On defense, we need everything in the front 7, and even if a CB is BPA, take him.  

Edited by RyanC883
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve got a different take on this.  I say get a stud #1 WR in the first. I saw J Williams (ALA) being mocked 30th to the Chiefs. See what they did there. The Bills need him more than the Chiefs. Every position on the field next year could potentially be improved except one: WR1. Diggs isn’t a game changer anymore, and barely ever was one. His completions are stop and hit the ground routes. G Davis emerged for real, so grabbing Williams to be tutored on the nuances of the position by Diggs/Davis would be what this team needs most of all — more weapons for Allen. 

• Agree 3

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

I’ve got a different take on this.  I say get a stud #1 WR in the first. I saw J Williams (ALA) being mocked 30th to the Chiefs. See what they did there. The Bills need him more than the Chiefs. Every position on the field next year could potentially be improved except one: WR1. Diggs isn’t a game changer anymore, and barely ever was one. His completions are stop and hit the ground routes. G Davis emerged for real, so grabbing Williams to be tutored on the nuances of the position by Diggs/Davis would be what this team needs most of all — more weapons for Allen. 

In draft: BPA baby (unless QB, then let the trading wars begin for extra draft picks).  

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

This times a million. Keep feeding Allen. More speed and more lethal o-linemen. Go grab Jahan Dotson or WanDale Robinson and a bunch of mean linemen like Faalele. 

Just now, billsfan714 said:

Well if I have a weak unit, yeah I would be looking to improve it.    I sure as heck wouldnt ignore it.

It is weak but we have addressed significant capital and draft capital towards it for years now with nothing to show for it. A complete waste of time until we keep building up Allen. We have to out gun KC. 

Just now, UKBillFan said:

We were missing one CB - how many players were KC missing in secondary? And we still lost. 

Coaches were playing too conservative early on and not attacking that secondary which led to 3 and outs and punts. But White in there makes a bigger differnce than Mattheiu in there I'd bet

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Well if I have a weak unit, yeah I would be looking to improve it.    I sure as heck wouldnt ignore it.

I’m going to build around my cornerstone, Josh Allen, and make sure he’s got the weapons to make us the best offense in the league. Then I’ll worry about my defense.

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

What part of we don’t draft DEs and DTs well don’t you understand? It’s a complete waste of time and money. We beat the Chiefs with White, we can win with another great CB to help White. 

Well then, I guess we just shouldnt scout DL and just give up, we cant do it.    This is a team game, Josh just had one of the greatest games in the playoffs and it still wasnt enough.   But please do more Josh, because we cant find DL.   I look foward to AJ Epenesa and his yearly 1.5 sacks starting next year at DE, that should scare Mahomes. 

Edited by billsfan714

I get the push for drafting defense, but it seems like this team was an OL or two away from hosting this game in Buffalo. (Steelers week 1 and Jags game come to mind as instances where the O-line was beaten pretty badly.)

If this game was in Buffalo, maybe the Bills catch a few more holding calls or any other minute edge… Ed Oliver was held damn well close to the entire game.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

I’m going to build around my cornerstone, Josh Allen, and make sure he’s got the weapons to make us the best offense in the league. Then I’ll worry about my defense.

Agreed. After what I’ve witnessed the last few years from our front office. We just need to draft a bunch of o-linemen and elite WRs. 

17 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I hope you enjoy losing to KC again next year.  Maybe our strategy will be to never punt and score every possession, thats doable in some fantasy world.  Here Josh, just score 47 every week and never punt, thats all were asking.   

How many first and 2nd rd picks have they invested in the defense and yet it’s still where it is at. 

go get a jamar chase, or tyreek hill or a  Justin Jefferson or a Travis Kelce. 

• Agree 1

I would bring in a DC who can adjust on the fly, time and time again you've seen the Leslie Frazier defense not adjust to what's happening in game and it's the whole this is my defensive plan and I'm sticking to it no matter what, that's not good enough! I would then unload these large contracts of guys who are making alot of money but doesn't warrant that type of contract such as Jerry Hughes (18 Tackles-2 sacks), Star Louteleilei (17 Tackles- 3 sacks). I love the feel good Jerry Hughes story and at 1 time was a prominent piece of this defense but is now not even close to the same player, Star if his dead cap doesn't kill us should be gone, he literally does nothing and i don't want to hear he eats up space, teams run right him with effectiveness quite often. I've tried to give Edmunds the benefit of the doubt because of his age I'm just not shelling out huge money to a guy who seems to be making the same mistakes in year 4 as a starter. 

The plan would be to bring in a top level player on defense and some guys who become free agents are.... Von Miller, Dante Fowler Jr, Jason Pierre-Paul, Akiem Hicks, Chandler Jones, Hasan Reddick, Emmanuel Ogbah, Charles Harris or how about pairing J.C. Jackson with Tre White? Whatever it is we need to get pressure on QB's and yes we drafted some talented guys but we need veteran leadership in here while our young bucks are progressing, this is a championship caliber offense and we need to use the Rams approach on defense but we have no Aaron Donald and I'm quite sure there isn't a Von Miller either, hell do we even have a Dante Fowler? I like how Dane Jackson has come on to the point where I think he may have made Levi Wallace expendable imo. 

In the draft I'd say it's imperative to add a first or 2nd round CB and either a 1st or 2nd round DT capable of disrupting the interior because Harrison Phillips isn't getting the job done. I like Ed Oliver but he can get blown up at times, I'd like to see a Vince Wilfork kind of DT for us. I'm not sure who you replace ILB Tremaine Edmunds with but you don't really have to worry about that until next season. This is how i'd approach this upcoming season.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.