Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness...........Tre White couldn't matchup to KC last year in the AFCCG either.   Hill ran circles around him when it mattered.   I don't think CB is a big priority but they need to keep finding some later in the draft and hopefully find their own JC Jackson.     

To me.........despite the OL improving late in the season..........it's still about making the supporting cast around Allen better so that he doesn't have to be a battering ram to sustain drives to make it look like they are an explosive offense.    They are not.    They are currently a station-to-station offense with an explosive QB.

Defensively, they need to get a finishing pass rusher..........like Khalil Mack as some have mentioned already..........and find an instinctive and cost effective long term replacement for Tremaine Edmunds in the middle.    

I couldn't help but wonder what those Mahomes scrambles would have looked like if a then seasoned edge playing Edmunds would have been out there chasing Mahomes around rather than the old men and rookies they had at DE yesterday.   That ship has likely sailed.   It's time for some people to admit that he's just not ever going to be worth $15M-$20M per year as a MLB........and that being the case it's time to turn the page before he goes from a disappointingly modest positive on D to a big liability on the cap ledger. 

While I agree on supporting cast, and on Tre struggling in the AFCCG I really think we are going to need better corner play to get past that team consistently. Tre did make a difference week 5 when he was excellent, and I think we need a better athlete opposite him. It is hard to play that team when you your two corners are always in respond mode and you can't dictate anything to them. 

Agree they still need a finisher up front too. And I am there on Edmunds KC ran plays designed to isolate and expose him all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

We honestly have to make a tough decision.  McD and Beane need to get together with Pegula.  They need to make a major move this off season to bring two impact players in on D and cut the all the dead weight.  We need a stud linebacker and we need edge rusher that has to be priority # 1.

Frazier has to go, he can't be left to coach our D next year.  His coaching responsibilities with this team have to be ended as of yesterday.

McD needs to have a hard long look in the mirror and admit he let this entire team down, and especially Josh.  The last 13 seconds of this game will forever be his legacy or his ascension as a top coach in this league.  Sorry right now he is not even a top 5 coach in this league.

He is not >=  Reid, McVay, Belichick, Tomlin or Payton.   He is not even close to these five guys.

He has to stop being a passive coach, especially when there needs to be a game winning decision on the field at a critical time,  he is the guy that has to lead the other coaches and players to be at their best.  He failed to do his job yesterday.

He just lost his second war again to KC.  You learn from your mistakes but you can't make stupid mistakes in a clutch game when you are the General.  You either live, or you die with your commander and chief on the field.  We all died yesterday.

Our General surrendered this game and it only took 13 seconds. 

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You are 100% correct. But I know they won't get rid of the HC so someone needs to pay for this debacle and maybe McSackless will learn something from this abortion performed last night.

As Allen has ascended into an elite QB, the HC hasn't improved much if at all.  He coached scared against Houston the 2019 WC game, blowing a 16 point lead built on FGs in the final 22 minutes.  He was kicking FGs against KC last year as KC was scoring TDs and moving the ball effortlessly.  

And this year he goes for it a little, but retreats back into his scared coaching strategy at the end there.  This is who he is and I doubt he'll ever change.  

It's inconceivable this team was 0-6 in close games with Allen as a QB.  It speaks to something else going on.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

While I agree on supporting cast, and on Tre struggling in the AFCCG I really think we are going to need better corner play to get past that team consistently. Tre did make a difference week 5 when he was excellent, and I think we need a better athlete opposite him. It is hard to play that team when you your two corners are always in respond mode and you can't dictate anything to them. 

Agree they still need a finisher up front too. And I am there on Edmunds KC ran plays designed to isolate and expose him all game. 

Yeah I by no means think they are set at CB..........but given the cap limitations and limited amount of premium picks I put it down far enough on the list that I don't think it can get addressed with any of their premium chips in the draft or FA.    There are usually some pretty good athletes at CB in the later rounds..........that's probably their best option there IMO.   Dane Jackson has been pretty good........they need to find a more gifted version to add to the mix.    Maybe Nick McCloud makes a jump next year too.   Nice speed tools there.

13 hours ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

We still lack that nightmare pass rusher.  We do not have that one guy that WILL get there every time if the QB takes too long.  

The middle of our defense has a tendency to vaporize.  

Not sure if coaching or if we do not have the right guys.

need a Donald that can disrupt all over the field.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I by no means think they are set at CB..........but given the cap limitations and limited amount of premium picks I put it down far enough on the list that I don't think it can get addressed with any of their premium chips in the draft or FA.    There are usually some pretty good athletes at CB in the later rounds..........that's probably their best option there IMO.   Dane Jackson has been pretty good........they need to find a more gifted version to add to the mix.    Maybe Nick McCloud makes a jump next year too.   Nice speed tools there.

It depends how things fall. I have it higher up the list than you. I do think they need to spend at least 2 of their first 3 picks on the offensive side of the ball. Ideally a receiver and a tackle and I'd spend some of my FA pennies on a proven guard. Norwell was a Panther. He'd do.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Patience said:

I suppose score on the very last play of the game.  

Just stop them for Christ sakes. I mean, there’s no way anyone’s take should be more offense here. You got the offense…stop them. It’s not impossible. Get Edmunds out of here, stop being so overly passive and soft with the zone. Make them feel pressure and make a play. Stop them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just stop them for Christ sakes. I mean, there’s no way anyone’s take should be more offense here. You got the offense…stop them. It’s not impossible. Get Edmunds out of here, stop being so overly passive and soft with the zone. Make them feel pressure and make a play. Stop them.

I hear you.  My response was more tongue in cheek than anything.  

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What foolish thinking are you referring to exactly? Can you be specific? 

The irony of you accusing someone of having terrible takes is pretty funny though. 

Thinking that remaining on the course that has proven to fail is the right thing to do. We just spent how many years being Tom Brady’s B word and now you are content continually losing to Mahomes without making a change in direction. That’s foolish, I know you can’t see that and it speaks volumes. We did the same thing last night that cost us a victory in Houston, same as last year. When it came down to it, McDermott coached  scared, sat back and hoped for the best. Called two time outs and still blew the coverage. I’m glad you are happy with that and when it happens again next year we can all be really proud of a nice season and one or two play off victories. Or we could get new blood and a different view on how to handle people like Mahomes, Burroughs, Herbert. These qb’s are not going away and we need to get better if the goal is to win a Super Bowl instead of just being a nice team that’s fun to watch in the regular season. McDermot needs to given a wake up call, he doesn’t need to be fired, he needs to do better.

Edited by Meatloaf63

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness...........Tre White couldn't matchup to KC last year in the AFCCG either.   Hill ran circles around him when it mattered.   I don't think CB is a big priority but they need to keep finding some later in the draft and hopefully find their own JC Jackson.     

To me.........despite the OL improving late in the season..........it's still about making the supporting cast around Allen better so that he doesn't have to be a battering ram to sustain drives to make it look like they are an explosive offense.    They are not.    They are currently a station-to-station offense with an explosive QB.

Defensively, they need to get a finishing pass rusher..........like Khalil Mack as some have mentioned already..........and find an instinctive and cost effective long term replacement for Tremaine Edmunds in the middle.    

I couldn't help but wonder what those Mahomes scrambles would have looked like if a then seasoned edge playing Edmunds would have been out there chasing Mahomes around rather than the old men and rookies they had at DE yesterday.   That ship has likely sailed.   It's time for some people to admit that he's just not ever going to be worth $15M-$20M per year as a MLB........and that being the case it's time to turn the page before he goes from a disappointingly modest positive on D to a big liability on the cap ledger. 

Levi is a UFA, not sure we resign him. I feel like he will be overpaid. CB is high on my draft list along with IOL. 

DL is another issue all together and it is the rotation that Sean loves

image.thumb.png.ea6b0ebc7c4c69a4d29a914f34b76410.png

23% of our cap and we have very little production out of that unit. I saw this on twitter last night and naturally can't find it now, but it would be interesting to see what DL was on the field for the late KC scores (hint FWIR - it wasn't our starters). Last offseason I banged the drum for IOL, CB2, RB (Singletary may push this need down a tad now) and Edge (there were quite a few last year). 

Not too much of an Edge class this upcoming year; I'm not sure what the answer is. 

image.thumb.png.a584f6c2cd2d44c8cd2e691a9dbb4a19.png

I have been over Edmunds for a while now and his play last night hasn't helped his case. We need to move on ASAP, I hope we have some cap casualties or a team looking to sell to help us out here and at end. 

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Don't lose to Jacksonville and Pittsburgh and host it in Buffalo. 

Or TB or NE at home

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It depends how things fall. I have it higher up the list than you. I do think they need to spend at least 2 of their first 3 picks on the offensive side of the ball. Ideally a receiver and a tackle and I'd spend some of my FA pennies on a proven guard. Norwell was a Panther. He'd do.  

I expect Cole to be gone and we should keep McKenzie, we need speed at the WR position in the worst way

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Honest question, does that make a difference last night where the game is played?

Buffalo in the playoffs is not an easy place to play at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I expect Cole to be gone and we should keep McKenzie, we need speed at the WR position in the worst way

Buffalo in the playoffs is not an easy place to play at all. 

My thought was being on the road didn’t seem to hurt us yesterday. We didn’t have a stellar home record this season either.

27 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

In his MMQB column last week (paywalled) Albert Breer talked about the cornerback problem at the college level. He said that after talking to scouts that it's really bad right now -- almost all of the great athletes are choosing to playing WR. He said it was notable that of some of the good young ones, many are the sons of former NFL CBs, who presumably have the business sense to point out to their sons that there is more money and more opportunity for elite athletes who choose to play CB instead of WR. But again, he stressed that NFL scouts are telling him that the CB problem at the college level is a huge problem right now. There aren't enough good athletes. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

image.thumb.png.a76854961aa558d8a49cbdba60c7c227.png

Cap space

image.png.650cd51c0eee71f38bdbc2e7827a8f2d.png

The decision last off season was to run it back and we are likely the 2nd best team in the league as of now, we will lose depth due to UFA and we are a SB contender, so we have to be careful on where we subtract and where we add. My feeling is spend less on the DL rotation and more on impact players on the line (including Edge). 

Beasley is a likely cut (cap considerations), he will want to be paid more than we can offer and we lose his ability to find space in the zone and will have to be replaced. Watching the offense without McKenzie and with (to a degree with Brieda in there and not), we need speed. Hill helps KC in so many ways whether he catches the ball or not, he forces the D to play a certain way to prevent his 60 yard runs. He is one of a kind but we need some more speed at WR....

My thoughts on last offseason and even during the trade deadline was trying to figure out where this team is at and where Josh's development goes, Bean likely played it conservatively. With the continued growth of Josh and the offense, I do feel like Bean may be willing to endure a bit of cap hell if he can get the players to push us over the top. If we win yesterday, there is a good chance we win the whole damn thing...

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.