Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

We need an impact pass rusher. Stud Corner would be great but an impact pass rusher makes a bigger difference in my opinion. 

Josh Allen is going to win us a super bowl. That was an amazing two drives he put together. Sucks to be done for this season cause this may have been as good of a shot to win a super bowl as ever.  Still that was as good of a game finish as the Chargers/Raiders regular season game. 

We have the QB. Really a lot of good pieces but we need playmakers on defense I believe. Difference makers. Von Miller showed up big today. We lack that kind of player on defense. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If I see one more idiot defend Edmund's I'll punch you in the face.

Yeah, I'm done defending him. Way too many times he's just jogging in the secondary not covering anyone or hitting the wrong hole on run plays. 

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pay the best available DE in free agency, or trade for one. We didn't bring Mahomes down nearly enough.

I think we should keep drafting defense, against popular belief. Allen doesn't need more help. We just need the defense to hold elite offenses.

Not trying to be overly reactionary here: Beasley is likely gone and I like Davis over Sanders, we do need some more depth at WR and we need speed there. Being able to spread the ball around is huge for Josh and our offense - we likely need 2 WRs in FA or the draft. Spencer Brown had his hands full with Ingram, he is a rookie and will get better, but we need to get some interior OL guys as well to start growing over the next 2 years. We can't sacrifice our depth too much to clear cap for other needs.

Levi Wallace will get paid in FA is my guess so CB2 is a huge need. Not having Tre hurt us a lot tonight, as it should - he is a freaking great player.

DE does need some tweaking and DT is a slight concern with our rotation of players. Edmunds hmmmm....

Got to continue to load up Josh with weapons like the big boys do now that he’s clearly one of the best in the league. Emmanuel Sanders tier isn’t going to cut it. Arm him, get crazy like the Rams do. Take a WR/TE in the top 2 rounds for the next decade.

After watching tonight's game I don't know how anyone thinks adding offense will help us beat the Chiefs. Sure we could use another playmaker but that isn't going to stop Mahomes and Hill and Kelce from getting 40 yards in 10 seconds. We need a CB and a pass rusher. And a play caller that knows who the best player on the field is.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sure he was had game tying drive with 13 seconds and game winning TD drive.  That’s better 

If you watched that game and cam away thinking he was the better qb tonight I domt know what to tell you.  He has Hill ans Kelce.  We had Gabe Davis and a bunch of guys who didnt show up.  

55 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Our offense is already legit. I mean sure we could use some more o-linemen. But we already punt nearly the lowest in the league. Keep drafting defense? We have wasted how many picks there already. Go after FAs? We are already near cap space. It’s so frustrating. I’m the the point where we need to get another star CB as an insurance policy and maybe someone dedicated to be able to guard TEs, and then also focus on o-linemen. If we draft another DE or DT at this point I’m going to be disappointed. 

Haha! It’s funny I was thinking the same thing, I’m like “ok on to the draft” but what do we take? I think we really need some speed at CB and WR, we need to stretch out defenses a little better, and freaking cover T. Hill and Kelce! 

• Agree 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

After watching tonight's game I don't know how anyone thinks adding offense will help us beat the Chiefs. Sure we could use another playmaker but that isn't going to stop Mahomes and Hill and Kelce from getting 40 yards in 10 seconds. We need a CB and a pass rusher. And a play caller that knows who the best player on the field is.

I somewhat agree with this, but we have waste 2 years of drafts and FAs and tied up a bunch of cap space on minimal results. Not having White has hurt, but we need another legit CB. I’m to the point where I don’t think we have the ability to evaluate defensive talent. Just keep drafting speed WRs and let Allen cook so we don’t have to punt. 

You gotta add speed to the back 5. Love both Poyer and Micah but I’d want to upgrade one of them for a faster player, and I’d also add some speed at the boundary corner.  Think that’s the biggest weakness here. 

if you can find a stud DE that’s great but I thought the DLine played well. They were pressuring. Not getting down Mahomes Is a different quest 

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

We have to do something. We can’t just keep losing to KC in the playoffs every year. 

Is it though? Coaches have won Super Bowls with much much much worse talent than a team like the Bills. It’s just sad. I think McDermott is good enough, but man talk about depressing. 

Yeah I'm torn on McDermott. Obviously he completely changed the culture around the Bills and we are legit Super Bowl contenders now. But Josh Allen is most of the reason for the latter. And to lose a game when you're winning with 13 seconds left, the coach has to do multiple things that are monumentally stupid. Like, if you asked me specifically how a team could play those 13 seconds to lose intentionally, it would be exactly what McDermott did.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

Not trying to be overly reactionary here: Beasley is likely gone and I like Davis over Sanders, we do need some more depth at WR and we need speed there. Being able to spread the ball around is huge for Josh and our offense - we likely need 2 WRs in FA or the draft. Spencer Brown had his hands full with Ingram, he is a rookie and will get better, but we need to get some interior OL guys as well to start growing over the next 2 years. We can't sacrifice our depth too much to clear cap for other needs.

The problem is that shootouts are coin toss games, quite literally as we found out tonight. I don't want to hear anymore about this supposed #1 defense. It still isn't anywhere near good enough. Offenses need an elite QB and a couple other good players to be elite. Defenses need an elite player at each level, front middle and back. We have one elite player who unfortunately tore his ACL. But that still isn't good enough to stop Mahomes.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

If you watched that game and cam away thinking he was the better qb tonight I domt know what to tell you.  He has Hill ans Kelce.  We had Gabe Davis and a bunch of guys who didnt show up.  

Exactly, the go ahead TD that Mahomes threw was just a basic crosser that Hill took to the house (on basically prevent defense). It wasn't anything special. Allen never seems to get those. It could be his vision, but also I think scheme.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

Exactly, the go ahead TD that Mahomes threw was just a basic crosser that Hill took to the house (on basically prevent defense). It wasn't anything special. Allen never seems to get those. It could be his vision, but also I think scheme.

My point exactly.  We dont have one guy who makes that play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.