Honestly what do you do moving forward?

Milanos Milano

Just now, 947 said:

We need a change in Defensive philosophy. The "bend but don't break" soft zone Defense doesn't work against top offenses with elite playmakers. Aside from Kelce's TD, I don't think Mahomes completed a pass that had a defender within 3 yards. We made his job so easy. Even when Mahomes needed a miracle, there was a guy wide open for a 20 yard gain... Twice.

We can beat average teams with Frazier's D just fine, but it's not a championship winning defensive style.

We did just fine with White though. White is the difference maker. But that can’t happen though. We need insurance polices. Go draft another CB 1 to complement White and we will win a super bowl. Guarantee it. 

honestly,  i dont see anything we can do defensively to stop Mahomes.   other than constant pressure and keeping him in the pocket with just 4.   thats extremely hard to do against any team tbh.   

there really are no answers for QBs like Mahomes and Allen.  just ask Belichick.

you just have to score more than them,  and hope they screw up somehow.   or play actual defense for 10 friggen seconds.....

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 947 said:

We need a change in Defensive philosophy. The "bend but don't break" soft zone Defense doesn't work against top offenses with elite playmakers. Aside from Kelce's TD, I don't think Mahomes completed a pass that had a defender within 3 yards. We made his job so easy. Even when Mahomes needed a miracle, there was a guy wide open for a 20 yard gain... Twice.

We can beat average teams with Frazier's D just fine, but it's not a championship winning defensive style.

You may be on to something.

In a game you need to win, you rely on your QB...so tonight it didn't matter if you allowed 27 or 15 points, both would have been a win.

Get more playmakers, take more chances.  ONE int, ONE strip sack fumble....ONE play in the 4th quarter or Defense would have won you this game.

Tonight this wasn't a "bend-but-don't-break" Defense.....this was a "Bend-Snap" defense.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

McDermott is not going to get fired.

Hope Daboll stays. 

Fire Frazier 

Trade Edmunds for a second round pick

Let Hughes retire

Cut Star and Addison

Cut Gilliam

Trade down

Get a #2 TE, an OG, a CB, and 3 new front 7 defenders 

No one is trading a second for Edmunds 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

honestly,  i dont see anything we can do defensively to stop Mahomes.   other than constant pressure and keeping him in the pocket with just 4.   thats extremely hard to do against any team tbh.   

there really are no answers for QBs like Mahomes and Allen.  just ask Belichick.

you just have to score more than them,  and hope they screw up somehow.   or play actual defense for 10 friggen seconds.....

But we stopped them when we had white. The only way to stop Mahomes is to have absolute superior coverage and hope your d line and Lbs can keep everything short. White is the difference maker when playing the chiefs. It’s very important we draft a high CB or bring one in via FA. 

• Like (+1) 2

After the Chiefs lost to the Pats, they signed Tyran Matthew and Traded for Frank Clark. 

We need to go all in like they did. Adding a real DE threat - rather than just another cog in the rotation - would help a lot. 

Then they need to do whatever they can to add another real playmaker on offense.  Gabe was great, but they shut down Diggs again. And Knox was invisible. Mahomes had a much easier go of it against our defense with Hill and Kelce being 2 of the top 3 receivers between the two teams.

Get a DE that teams have to game plan against, get another real wide receiver, spend the rest of your assets this offseason on the OLine to keep Josh upright. If they do that, we already have the best player in football. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, muppy said:

I need to process the loss before I can think about the changes needed Im kind of shell shocked right now

That's fair!  Everyone is shell shocked.

When we scored with 13 seconds I didn't think "we will probably win," I thought "We have just won this game" and now the season is over!  

What the hell happened?!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Pay the best available DE in free agency, or trade for one. We didn't bring Mahomes down nearly enough.

I think we should keep drafting defense, against popular belief. Allen doesn't need more help. We just need the defense to hold elite offenses.

Starts at MLB and DE I think.

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's fair!  Everyone is shell shocked.

When we scored with 13 seconds I didn't think "we will probably win," I thought "We have just won this game" and now the season is over!  

What the hell happened?!

The music city miracle kind of ruined late game scores for me.  I think this is worse though.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.