Fix the OT Rule for Playoff Games--That was Stupid

Nextmanup

The NFL has changed their rules to create games like this.  I find it embarrassing that instead of cheering a go ahead TD with 13 seconds left, that instead, I yell "no you left too much time on the clock!!!"

OT has to let every team touch the ball.  The league is designed for the last team with possession to win.  So it's basically whenever wins the toss wins the game.  

Play 10 minute quarters till there's a winner. 

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

13 secs to keep them out of FG range from the 25. Think about that all...... 

Coaching scared on D cost us plain n simple. 

I EXPECTED them to get it.  Duh.  Welcome to the modern NFL.  Like a middle schooler playing video games. 

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly love the overtime rules. Don't turn it into that college crap that isn't even football.

If you want to win, go play defense. Sucks that our defense couldn't stop them, but you don't change the rules just because you get beat.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

34 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This is the most useless thread started after this loss and thats saying something. That is the rule, no matter how stupid, get over it.

We need to be able stop 40y in two plays in 10 seconds to avoid OT next time.

I mean…changeOT is trending on twitter lol and the team that beat us tonight had the same thing happen to them a few years ago and they all complained about it 

44 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

In a crazy game like that where everyone is scoring all the time, you HAVE to give BOTH TEAMS the ball at least once! 

We win the coin toss and maybe Josh flies down and scores..he was totally en fuego the whole 4th quarter.

Can't finish a game of this magnitude with only 1 team touching the ball in OT.

Play 5 minutes or something.

Agree.  Overtime in post season should be play 15 till one team has more points

4 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

This thread is just playing the result. Make this thread when the Bills win in OT on the first possesion and I'll take it seriously.

Exactly.  There would be no threads started saying it's not fair the Chiefs did not get a chance in OT if the Bills had won the coin toss and made a TD. 

7 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Exactly.  There would be no threads started saying it's not fair the Chiefs did not get a chance in OT if the Bills had won the coin toss and made a TD. 

As the creator of this thread I totally resent this.

I have talked about this for YEARS and it was a huge issue impacting the game tonight.

It's not exactly a new or revolutionary idea to give BOTH teams the chance to win in OT.

Only would the NFL have the rule as it is.

Ever see a baseball game?  Both sides get their shot.

15 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

This thread is just playing the result. Make this thread when the Bills win in OT on the first possesion and I'll take it seriously.

It's a little more thought than that, Einstein.

Yeah my stomach flipped as soon as KC got the ball. It was over in a shootout like this. I guess if your D isn’t gassed then it could work in your favor.

Tough to worry about the rules though with those 13 final seconds screaming in my face. We deserve a dumb coin flip after that.

19 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Yeah my stomach flipped as soon as KC got the ball. It was over in a shootout like this. I guess if your D isn’t gassed then it could work in your favor.

Tough to worry about the rules though with those 13 final seconds screaming in my face. We deserve a dumb coin flip after that.

It was just like the Pats getting the ball vs the Falcons in the SB OT. You knew that the Falcons D had nothing left and their coach was too stupid to do anything to stop them. Hell at that point your defensive starters are so exhausted that you might as well sub in every back up for OT and give the kids a chance. We werent that different today and as soon as the coin toss was lost, the defense takes the field knowing that they just allowed the opposing team to drive down the field and get a FG with 13 secs left (one of the most improbable drives in NFL History). Basically they let everybody else down and lost this game but instead of digging deep and manning up for the OT drive they just laid down butts up. Absolutely shameful performance when it mattered the most before OT and during. I hate to say it but Jerry Sullivan was right a few weeks ago when he called them out. They were atrocious tonight and they and their coach should be apologizing !

Edited by Livinginthepast

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.