Go after Sean Peyton

Big Blitz

I’ll say this.  I like McDermott but I have serious doubts about the guy in big moments.  I’ll never forget the Pittsburgh game in 2019. The end of that game when Hodges had a couple throws in back of end zone… the camera kept going to mcdermott after each play.  He looked like he was about to wet his pants and was pointing to the sky after every incompletion.  You gotta be clear headed and calm in the big moments so you can make the right call.  Josh seems to have put the Sugar Rush memes to bed.  Maybe McDermott has some of that to overcome too.  

On 1/23/2022 at 10:15 PM, Big Blitz said:

I'm never going to be able to look at McD the same after this

Rather now when we have PEAK ALLEN then in 5 years

Can't look at him the same after that 

Loser stink like that just doesn't get redeemed.  

When has it happened?

I’m sure that breaks his heart

Anyone who understand what the word contract means would never have proposed this idea.  He has 3 years left on his contract.  NO will demand major compensation from any team that he went to.  He's sittingout a year in hopes that by next year NO will be willing to take a lot less, like when Arians took time off between Arizona & Tampa & the compensation was a low draft choice.  For 2022, if Payton wants to coach another team, that team would have to give up at least a 1st round pick.  Jerry will wait a year & Payton, who already owns a house in Dallas, will be their coach in 2023 after Jerry gives NO a draft pick or 2.  

15 minutes ago, McBean said:

If we fired McClappy and hired Peyton we’d be in the super bowl next season.

Peyton Manning won't coach the Bills to a Super Bowl and neither will Sean Payton.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.

On 1/23/2022 at 10:11 PM, White Linen said:

McDermott is an excellent leader and has brought a togetherness like I've never seen.   He's got so much to learn about game plan and adjustments.   Might take too long because he's unprepared for too many situations. 

He's been a head coach for 5 seasons,  he's been a coordinator 2 years in Philly before he was fired, then 6 years in Carolina.  He was an NFL assistant for 8 seasons prior to that.  He's never won a super bowl in any of that time and if he hasn't improved in his game day management is just not going to happen.  

To boot in 5 seasons he's won 6 challenges total and lost 17... to put this in perspective Andy Reid won 4 challenges lost 0 in this season alone lol. 

It's so horrific. He would get absolutely eaten alive in any other media market. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.