Squib kick

VaMilBill

Everyone knows you squib kicked there except the coaches.  Coaching lost us the game last year and they did it this year as well.  You don't even have to know much about football to know that the squib is the only option there.  Embarrassing on every level.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

McCoach should apologize to Josh Allen and the entire team for not doing what everyone knows he should have done.

Before the kick, even Jim Nance said we would do it knowing that it would be an automatic decision . . . as did Tony Romo. 

Somehow McCoach did not get the memo.

Very disappointing.

Such a gut punch.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep McDermott lost us this game on that kickoff. I'm sick. It's a very simple decision. Chew up some time, that's more important than starting their drive at the 25. He may never live this down.

Man I’m so mad if I was Allen after the game I would tell McDermott thanks man. 13 seconds and you play 20 yards off the wr unbelievable. That dude coached scared I’m so pissed Allen played a perfect game 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

No squib, but the high hanger from Bass to the 5 that they've been covering perfectly all year was the call there.

McDermott doesn't make a lot of mistakes but that one was probably his biggest ever.

The squib is more likely to force a return. The high hanger might just go in.

1 minute ago, 97bills said:

Man I’m so mad if I was Allen after the game I would tell McDermott thanks man. 13 seconds and you play 20 yards off the wr unbelievable. That dude coached scared I’m so pissed Allen played a perfect game 

Can’t believe they didn’t have one player near the LOS to at least slow them down and not allow a bubble screen to Hill. That and not squibbing it. 

it sucks because McDermott does learn from mistakes. But he’s not a forward thinker and is never ahead of the curve 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sorry, how do you not squib the ball, run 4-5 seconds off, force a Hail Mary and it’s game over? McDermott has to be voice of reason in this situation. The defense was getting chewed up the entire second half with zero resistance. It’s inexcusable that they would not squib.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

The squib is more likely to force a return. The high hanger might just go in.

The squib is also more likely to get downed at the 20-30 instantly.

You drop that ball from on high around the 5-10, the guy has got to play it.

Either one was acceptable, imo.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Squib kick or not, you allowed their offense to move all the way down field in 13 seconds without doing a damn thing to slow them down. Literally gifted them the easiest ask in all of football.

Can the #1 ranked defense, you know that #1 ranked PASS defense, make the Chiefs waste 13 seconds? Nope.

Poor defensive play doesn't justify a simple tactical decision that was THAT WRONG.

The coaches have to do everything to put the team in the best position to succeed.

It's not even a complicated or unusual type of play--it is routinely correctly handled all around the league.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.