Can't wait for Frazier to leave

Bermuda Triangle

15 hours ago, tenderland said:

Yea if Im Frazier I want out bad. The coach calls the worst ever defense with 13 seconds left and Frazier gets blamed. Also If I'm not mistaken doesn't Bass Move up when he is going to squib? . Mcd should have noticed he was back and called timeout.

That was Frazier.  McDermott defense is different.

16 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I wouldn't rule out the Bills firing Frazier after the coaching carousel is complete. But then the question would be who do they hire to replace him? Maybe take a look at Flores?

I don't think Flores wants to be under a defensive coach and him suing the NFL makes him a bit of a distraction. I also think the team is built for Frazier and McD's defense. The defense is designed to bend not break and also wear you down with the D-line rotation. It's a smart defensive scheme for the modern NFL. It can be frustrating to watch as a fan as it can look "soft" but it is a well designed defense and I don't see them firing Frazier after having the number one defense in the league over a 13 second lapse in the playoffs. Possible but not likely. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/23/2022 at 9:57 PM, Bermuda Triangle said:

worst #1 ranked defense ever?

Also, the decision to not squib with :13 left was mind-numbingly dumb.

Bills-y.

I’m right there with ya… I’ve seen enough of Frazier… I would take martindale or Swartz right now over him in a heartbeat but I doubt McDermott will get out of his comfort zone….

17 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It just brings another tear to my eye every time someone mentions we had a timeout or was it even multiple?

How freaking good was Allen to lead us the length of the field for a TD in 1:02 and we didn't even burn all of our timeouts in doing so. If only Allen would have had the foresight to throw an incompletion on 1st and 10 from the 19 yard line instead of a TD.  

You make a valid point that McD as much and possibly more than Frazier is to blame for the defensive formation in the final 13 seconds. At the end of the day though I think a change has to be made. The loss and incompetence was just too devastating to just wipe your hands clean and say "Hey no problem here. Let's run it back." 

Honestly the simplest explanation is usually the right one. I think McDermott got so caught up in Josh's game winning td that everything after that got butchered and mismanaged. I don't think he had any plan for the kickoff and the 2 defensive formations were like a drunk guy just screamed "prevent"..."prevent".....We've known for quite some time that McD is great with his culture/process philosophy. But his actual in game decisions are abysmal. As for Frazier,  he's too stoic, conservative and mediocre for me. I'd love to see us hire Flores as our DC but the good ole boys club won't allow that.

18 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I wouldn't rule out the Bills firing Frazier after the coaching carousel is complete. But then the question would be who do they hire to replace him? Maybe take a look at Flores?

Its just not happening......you dont fire a DC when he had "the number one defense in the NFL" that NEVER happens

Now you can debate whether it actually was....which is a separate issue

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its just not happening......you dont fire a DC when he had "the number one defense in the NFL" that NEVER happens

It was far from the #1 defense, the QB caliber they played was atrocious....and besides Mahomes for 1 game, they lost to the top flight QBs.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

It was far from the #1 defense, the QB caliber they played was atrocious....and besides Mahomes for 1 game, they lost to the top flight QBs.

Was the caliber of QB that they lost to really that much better, outside of Brady? The corpse of Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Lawrence, Wentz, and Jones...

Outside of Brady, and Mahomes in the playoffs, none of those QBs went off on them. The only one of those 5 to even crack 200 yds passing was Tannehill with 216.

They lost those games either because their offense was misfiring, special teams directly cost them points in the Steelers and Colts game, and/or at the worst possible time the defense was out of position and gave up huge chunk plays/long TDs.

On 1/29/2022 at 9:04 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Looks like you might have to wait

Dolphins are the only remaining team that has interviewed him, and that was on 1/16 after the NE game and before the KC meltdown

Nothing about a 2nd interview

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/01/2022-nfl-head-coaching-search-tracker

Whether he leaves of his own volition or is showed the door, if there is a better choice available then It needs to happen. 

Jim Schwartz interviewed for the Giants' DC job which means he would like to get back in that role. Beane should seriously consider taking a look. 

One thing is for sure, the DC needs to be experienced and not a rising coordinator to ensure a steady hand at critical points of pivotal games 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, transient said:

Was the caliber of QB that they lost to really that much better, outside of Brady? The corpse of Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Lawrence, Wentz, and Jones...

Outside of Brady, and Mahomes in the playoffs, none of those QBs went off on them. The only one of those 5 to even crack 200 yds passing was Tannehill with 216.

They lost those games either because their offense was misfiring, special teams directly cost them points in the Steelers and Colts game, and/or at the worst possible time the defense was out of position and gave up huge chunk plays/long TDs.

Just don’t look at the stats look at the points allowed and the 3rd down conversions Tannehill was killing us with all game long.

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Just don’t like at the stats look at the points allowed and the 3rd downs conversions Tannehill was killing with all game long.

5 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Whether he leaves of his own volition or is showed the door, if there is a better choice available then It needs to happen. 

Jim Schwartz interviewed for the Giants' DC job which means he would like to get back in that role. Beane should seriously consider taking a look. 

One thing is for sure, the DC needs to be experienced and not a rising coordinator to ensure a steady hand at critical points of pivotal games 

I would take in this order Fangio, Zimmer or Schwartz over Frazier all day.

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers
  • Like (+1) 1

Frazier needs to go.  Simple as that.  If you can't perform your job in 13 seconds, you can't perform your job at all.  He failed when it mattered most.  Seriously, the Bengals...the freakin' Bengals beat the Chiefs offense and are going to the SB?  Seriously??  This guy has had PLENTY of chances in the NFL.  He's too antiquated.  Time to move on, just my opinion...

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The Raptors fired Dwayne Casey as head coach the same season as he got Coach of the year. Happens elsewhere but perhaps not in the conservative bone head NFL. The funny thing is that firing him was the beginning of their championship run.

We’re all pretty much on the fire Frazier train I want to go even further coach Washington can hit the door with him. I don’t know how he still has a job he’s horrible we’ve thrown money and picks at the dline and he still can’t get any player on the dline top reach the double digits sack mark. Plus he hasn’t developed anyone on the edge since he’s been here and I know for a fact he’s had a hand in drafting Epenesa, Basham & Rouse.

• Like (+1) 6

21 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

We’re all pretty much on the fire Frazier train I want to go even further coach Washington can hit the door with him. I don’t know how he still has a job he’s horrible we’ve thrown money and picks at the dline and he still can’t get any player on the dline top reach the double digits sack mark. Plus he hasn’t developed anyone on the edge since he’s been here and I know for a fact he’s had a hand in drafting Epenesa, Basham & Rouse.

Only has a job because he’s buddies with McDermott. If he would fire his friends we would be better off. Our d-line has sucked for two years straight, don’t know why they talk about Washington like he is some genius. Who has he developed or made look good? Exactly. McDermott needs to stop hiring losers who he is friends with.

• Agree 1

One of the things that irritates me about the staff and dline choices is the drafting of small dlineman. I scratch my head in confusion and frustration when McDermott preaches about gap integrity, while we continue to trot out undersized lineman out there.

How are you supposed to keep gap integrity when you have small dlineman? Theyre just gonna get thrown around and pushed out of their gaps by bigger olineman. Specifically ones that run gap power run schemes.

I'm so off the small lineman train, personally. I hope our current lineman pan out but if I had it my way, my DEs would be 270-280, 3T would be 300-310, and 1T 320-340+ LBs. Having big boys on the dline that can clog up space and don't allow olineman to get leverage is how you keep linebackers free. IMO

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.