Can't wait for Frazier to leave

Bermuda Triangle

6 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

How do you gut Frazier for this, but not McDermott?  It’s his defense in scheme and personnel.  I’m not saying Frazier shouldn’t be accountable.  He should and so should McDermott.  It is both or neither. 

McDermott is a good head coach and he’s done great good in Buffalo. WITH THAT SAID, many of our coaches on the defensive side of the ball need to be fired right away! Our staff needs to be held accountable. Frazier 100% needs to go, no questions asked at this point. Many a heads need to roll at this point.

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

They chased Mahomes, a lot, did they ever get to him ?

I'd love to know how many missed tackles we had tonight, it seemed like a constant all night.

Think they got him once, maybe ran him out of bounds another time.

I’m realizing Allen and Mahomes are two of the toughest QBs to get down in this the history of this game 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

that would require "out of the box" thinking.

McDermott was straight up asked about this in his post game presser a few minutes ago.

He refused to answer difficult questions about end of game decisions, but he did claim "We talk about things like that".

I can guarantee NO ONE talked about that in this game tonight.  Didn't have time to! 

Honestly, bottom line, protecting sidelines with 13 seconds left when KC has 3 timeouts is one of the largest coaching blunders the Bills have made in a long time. Levi gave up that long pass to Kelce up the seam because he is way outside protecting the boundary.

Who cares if they go OOB. They had 3 plays max they could run. Making Mahomes hold it a second longer is infinitely more valuable.

Just an absolute lack of understanding of the game in the most critical juncture, and predictably cost us the game.  

No words for that kind of mistake. Just terrible.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If your proud of this then you are French. Get walked on and bend over and never fight to the death for what u believe in. Live you whole life scared and gutless and keep running.

Well none of the above are true and yet I’m proud of the defensive effort. It’s called perspective. It’s not like the Bills chose to let KC have Mahomes and all those good weapons 

Just now, FireChans said:

Honestly, bottom line, protecting sidelines with 13 seconds left when KC has 3 timeouts is one of the largest coaching blunders the Bills have made in a long time. Levi gave up that long pass to Kelce up the seam because he is way outside protecting the boundary.

Who cares if they go OOB. They had 3 plays max they could run. Making Mahomes hold it a second longer is infinitely more valuable.

Just an absolute lack of understanding of the game in the most critical juncture, and predictably cost us the game.  

No words for that kind of mistake. Just terrible.

I’m pretty sure that was on Wallace. Think he fell for that jab step. Bills have been struggling at boundary corner for the last 3 years and it just hit real bad here 

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott was straight up asked about this in his post game presser a few minutes ago.

He refused to answer difficult questions about end of game decisions, but he did claim "We talk about things like that".

I can guarantee NO ONE talked about that in this game tonight.  Didn't have time to! 

I heard that.   Kind of a lame answer, IMO.  Justify your decision and explain your thinking.  And I like McDermott.

Curious why Allen had handcuffs on him for almost the first 45:00

Just now, appoo said:

Well none of the above are true and yet I’m proud of the defensive effort. It’s called perspective. It’s not like the Bills chose to let KC have Mahomes and all those good weapons 

Your proud of playing 20 yards off and basically just letting them get into FG range. I’m sorry but if I’m on that defense at the end of the game I’m calling it out and I want to know who the gutless ***** is who called it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

I’m pretty sure that was on Wallace. Think he fell for that jab step. Bills have been struggling at boundary corner for the last 3 years and it just hit real bad here 

He was lined up outside leverage like 3 yards to the left of Kelce. Protecting boundary. Predictably out of position on the seam route.

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Your proud of playing 20 yards off and basically just letting them get into FG range. I’m sorry but if I’m on that defense at the end of the game I’m calling it out and I want to know who the gutless ***** is who called it.

Keep in mind that me and @appooare not NFL head coaches. I am just some guy on my couch. I’ll admit I have some stupid takes but Frazier has 50 years of coaching experience on us, he should know better.

This loss may rank up there with some of the most gut wrenching losses in team history. You literally have to TRY to lose with 13 secs left on the clock and you are kicking off to the opponent. TRY to lose. I don't think I will be able to shake this loss for many months, if not years, especially if KC coasts to a SB victory.

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Keep in mind that me and @appooare not NFL head coaches. I am just some guy on my couch. I’ll admit I have some stupid takes but Frazier has 50 years of coaching experience on us, he should know better.

Right. There’s also heat of the moment issues and these guys are human. Their defense JUST gave up a 60 yard TD on a Catch and run and you have to think about that to. 

here’s what I do know about this defense. There was about 4 times in the 2nd half where they neeed a stop to give Allen a shot to win and they did it. They failed the last 3 times (the Cheetah TD, the 13 seconds, OT when they probably had no legs), but man they gave Allen a shot for much of this game. 

I would have obviously liked to see the defense play differently that last 13 seconds….but man these guys had KC under 30 until that last drive they had 

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

McDermott is a good head coach and he’s done great good in Buffalo. WITH THAT SAID, many of our coaches on the defensive side of the ball need to be fired right away! Our staff needs to be held accountable. Frazier 100% needs to go, no questions asked at this point. Many a heads need to roll at this point.

I think McDermott is a good head coach too.  The best answer might be to find a DC who can improve the defense.  That would mean McDermott would have to cede control over it.  It’s pretty much the same construct and scheme as he ran in Carolina.  That’s what has to change.  I don’t know what Frazier could bring to the table if he had more control, but based on his track record I don’t think he’s the answer.  I would move on from him and find someone who would actually run their own defense.  So I guess I’m on the same page with Frazier, but I don’t want to see him swapped out for another guy who is just there to run McDermott’s defense.  McDermott also has to give up running the defense. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I think McDermott is a good head coach too.  The best answer might be to find a DC who can improve the defense.  That would mean McDermott would have to cede control over it.  It’s pretty much the same construct and scheme as he ran in Carolina.  That’s what has to change.  I don’t know what Frazier could bring to the table if he had more control, but based on his track record I don’t think he’s the answer.  I would move on from him and find someone who would actually run their own defense.  So I guess I’m on the same page with Frazier, but I don’t want to see him swapped out for another guy who is just there to run McDermott’s defense.  McDermott also has to give up running the defense. 

I don’t mind Mcadermotts defense, but he needs more speed in the back, I think that’s a takeaway I have from tonight. At both corner and safety we need faster guys 

5 minutes ago, appoo said:

Right. There’s also heat of the moment issues and these guys are human. Their defense JUST gave up a 60 yard TD on a Catch and run and you have to think about that to. 

here’s what I do know about this defense. There was about 4 times in the 2nd half where they neeed a stop to give Allen a shot to win and they did it. They failed the last 3 times (the Cheetah TD, the 13 seconds, OT when they probably had no legs), but man they gave Allen a shot for much of this game. 

I would have obviously liked to see the defense play differently that last 13 seconds….but man these guys had KC under 30 until that last drive they had 

Obviously they should have played man coverage and press there but instead they gave the Chiefs a 20 yard cushion and allowed them to drive the ball in 13 seconds.

I’m okay with you or I having a dumb take here and there while we eat pizza and drink seltzers on our couches, I’m okay with dumb takes on this message board! I have quite a few of them! but Leslie Frazier and EVEN McDermott should know better than that! I haven’t even coached pop warner, these guys are NFL coaches!! How do you let that happen? I am so pissed off right now.

22 minutes ago, appoo said:

How can you be proud of the defensive effort? You had a chance to win the game with 13 seconds and couldn’t do it 

you had a chance to stop them in Ot, couldn’t do it 

what exactly are we supposed to be proud of with the defense tonight? That they didn’t give up 75?

37 minutes ago, appoo said:

You people are nuts. You can’t take people out of coverage with the fastest man in the NFL there. No real good options.

have some ***** perspective. Mahomes and Allen as the two most gifted QBs in the NFL, perhaps ever, and Mahomes had hall of fame talent at WR and TE. The defense did probably about as well as you could possibly hope, all things considered. They got to Mahomes. They forced them into punts and FGs. 

you should be proud of Frazier and this defense 

Horrible take… I’m not proud of Frazier or the defense tonight… we are going home because of Frazier and the defense tonight, why would we applaud that

you talk about perspective but have none as to why we lost this game… 13 seconds and we let them go 60 yards 

1 minute ago, Victory Formation said:

Obviously they should have played man coverage and press there but instead they gave the Chiefs a 20 yard cushion and allowed them to drive the ball in 13 seconds.

I’m okay with you or I having a dumb take here and there while we eat pizza and drink seltzers on our couches, I’m okay with dumb takes on this message board! I have quite a few of them! but Leslie Frazier and EVEN McDermott should know better than that! I haven’t even coached pop warner, these guys are NFL coaches!! How do you let that happen? I am so pissed off right now.

They would have given up a TD in those 13 seconds playing man against these guys. They don’t have the horses for that. 

I would probably just play their base cover 4 if it were me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.