Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Romo said just before the end of the game that it is incredulous that Allen has thrown for 9 TDs in 2 games of the playoffs and may still end up losing this game. 

9 TDs - 0 INTs in the playoffs puts QBs in the SB, not on a couch watching the conference championship games

And averaged more than 10 yards per attempt, and picked up god-knows how many first downs with his legs.  Absolutely unprecedented and probably will never be duplicated, except by Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Honestly, the minute they won the toss, the game was effectively over. I think if we had won it, we were scoring six. I was at my best friend's funeral when the Music City Miracle happened. Watched Norwood's wide right in a dorm room at UCLA. This is by far the most devastating loss I've ever experienced.

It certainly isn't pleasant. I had a hard time sleeping last night. The wide right still lingers in my head from time to time. Tennessee miracle has faded for some reason. Right now last night's loss is still an open wound. Hopefully, a Lombardi trophy is arriving in Buffalo in a year or 2 or 3. Maybe this loss is a plus for the future. Hard to see it now. 

• Like (+1) 1

for what this is worth hubby told me his Fighting Irish boards are saying the OT rule needs changed He is a HUGE soccer geek and THEY have penalty kicks at the end of Ties as well.........a creative and out of the box solution would be to try 2 point conversions until someone fails and WINNER is clear. I love that idea actually

m

Edited by muppy

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

It hurts.. but Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are better than our defense.  Especially in crunch time when it's a life and death moment for KC.  They are better than our D. 

And Josh and Gabe are better than KC's defense. As Kelce said, it was all about the coin toss.

16 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Dabol and Frazer Play soft in big games, get rid of them....

Were talking a bit on wgr this morning about how last year in the afc championship game the bills were not aggressive enough on offense, and how this year they wernt aggressive enough on defense, and I agree. The entire game was really a pathetic showing for the defense. You would've thought the Chiefs players covered themselves in grease the way the bills were missing tackles 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It hurts.. but Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are better than our defense.  Especially in crunch time when it's a life and death moment for KC.  They are better than our D. 

And Josh Allen + Bills offense is better than KC defense. They certainly were in crunch time life or death moment and stuck a dagger in the Chiefs heart. So what does it mean? The NFL is about offense now, not the defenses like in the 80’s and 90’s when you could punish offensive players physically. This was a tactical error on the part of Bills coaches in the final moments. Nothing more or less. 

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I hate to say this, but Stephen A Smith hit it out the ballpark on First Take today. 

No idea what he said but thanks for the contribution to the forum. 

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Doesn't change the fact that they had it at their own 25 with just 13 seconds left. Bills blew it. End of story. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are great players but they shouldn't have been allowed to do what they did. That is on the Bills defense.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Were talking a bit on wgr this morning about how last year in the afc championship game the bills were not aggressive enough on offense, and how this year they wernt aggressive enough on defense, and I agree. The entire game was really a pathetic showing for the defense. You would've thought the Chiefs players covered themselves in grease the way the bills were missing tackles 

I will say this: the Bills got to Mahomes a LOT last night, and against a normal QB would have had a half dozen sacks. Of course, the same goes for KC and Allen. Just otherwordly QBs. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Doesn't change the fact that they had it at their own 25 with just 13 seconds left. Bills blew it. End of story. Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are great players but they shouldn't have been allowed to do what they did. That is on the Bills defense.

And particularly on McD/ Frazier. 

• Like (+1) 1

To me, it wasn't just the game tying FG that did it, it was the MANNER that KC got the FG.  If Butker had connected from 63 yards or if Mahones did a Houdini escape from a rush to complete a pass or if a receiver had made a spectacular play (like Eli Manning and David Tyree in the Super Bowl), I think it makes it a little bit easier to live with.  But there was nothing like that.  They moved 45 yards in two plays with no opposition whatsoever.  It's like the only thing we were protecting against was a Hail Mary.  Should have kicked short and should have played D knowing that anything inside our 45 gives them a chance to tie the game.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, st pete gogolak said:

To me, it wasn't just the game tying FG that did it, it was the MANNER that KC got the FG.  If Butker had connected from 63 yards or if Mahones did a Houdini escape from a rush to complete a pass or if a receiver had made a spectacular play (like Eli Manning and David Tyree in the Super Bowl), I think it makes it a little bit easier to live with.  But there was nothing like that.  They moved 45 yards in two plays with no opposition whatsoever.  It's like the only thing we were protecting against was a Hail Mary.  Should have kicked short and should have played D knowing that anything inside our 45 gives them a chance to tie the game.  

No doubt it was a pathetic effort. They played scared like they thought the next play was going to be another pass to Hill taking it to the house.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I will say this: the Bills got to Mahomes a LOT last night, and against a normal QB would have had a half dozen sacks. Of course, the same goes for KC and Allen. Just otherwordly QBs. 

That is true - but both Addison and Hughes have filled their entire careers with almost-sacks against all manner of QBs.  Both were flopping around Mahomes like fish on the boat deck last night, just spasming around him without ever actually getting a hand on him.  Mahomes is great, but both of those guys are at the end of the line.

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe I'm rationalizing - but the defense is not SB caliber yet.  We simply don't have the kind of pass rush that we saw all weekend from teams like the Rams, Titans, Bengals & Bucs.

It was just weird last night how they couldn't get stops.  I know we were ranked #1, but that seems like a mirage.  We could not get to Mahomes at all.

Obviously, we had a chance to win at the end, but that's only because Allen did just about everything, as he has done all season.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.