Postgame Thread DAMMIT!

Chandler#81

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

It's probably safe to say that on a forum like this you're probably the odd one out, I'd put money on most of the users of this forum watching a lot of football.

In the general Bills fandom, you're probably way more common.

i haven't always been like this. probably been a few years now though. i used to love watching manning. the last couple years though, ive just come to figure out that the other games don't really matter. everything up until december almost literally doesn't matter. it's a game of momentum. just feels like a waste of time to keep up with other teams until very close to the end. 

and now the bills are gone, and i don't need to stick around to root against brady or the pats. feels kind of good. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I mean the entire nfl learned tonight that the superbowl will be against mahomes or Allen.

That’s (probably) the case this year but with Burrow and Herbert developing plus Wilson floating around it won’t necessarily be the case moving forward.

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What I really mean is I am extremely scared that we're going to look back at the end of Allen's Bills career, with no championships, and talk about 13 Seconds.

Josh could very easily be another Jim Kelly - a great ambassador and a fantastic QB but nothing to show for it. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What I really mean is I am extremely scared that we're going to look back at the end of Allen's Bills career, with no championships, and talk about 13 Seconds.

Don't worry.

With how talented Allen is, there will be a lot of great playoff losses that we have instant nicknames for. 😂

11 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This is was sports is. This is how fans are involved. You're reaction is ridiculous. 

We know it's not life and death, Einstein.

Your tone is ridiculous. I'm not saying anything so absolute as we shouldn't feel for these guys after a loss. I'm merely calling for some sanity. I see my own family, including myself, take it too far all the time. 

We're rooting for athletic, blessed millionaires who mostly don't even reside permanently in our region. We don't need to feel TOO badly for them when they lose a game. And that's the thing, I'm acknowledging that they ARE human beings who DO feel these disappointments in very real ways. Money doesn't absolve that. So let's appreciate their hard work, but not get carried away in the loss feels for THEM. I promise it's worse for most middle- and lower-class WNYers. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh could very easily be another Jim Kelly - a great ambassador and a fantastic QB but nothing to show for it. 

Allen’s much more talented than Kelly was.  If he doesn’t win multiple Lombardis then there’s been a management failure of colossal proportions.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffblue said:

Joe DiBiase on WGR, who I normally like, is having a meltdown now. Apparently Allen and the Bills window is very narrow with this loss.

I strongly disagree

I don't know how long or short it is, but I think we can all agree with how this playoff shook out that it was a very, very good opportunity for the Bills that's been kind of squandered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Allen’s much more talented than Kelly was.  If he doesn’t win multiple Lombardis then there’s been a management failure of colossal proportions.  

Unfortunately, this loss could be considered such a failure. Nothing is promised from year to year. Aaron Rodgers hasn't had another hack at a Superbowl in a long time, for example. Gotta capitalize on every opportunity, every game.

• Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

We can only hope this is our Ronnie Harmon on the way to multiple Super Bowls. It is really bad though. How does that happen I still can’t wrap my head around it. 

Give up 10 yards not 30. 

It's not that easy. Mahomes and the KC offense was virtually unstoppable all game. I wasn't confident we could stop them for 3 plays. I mean can't you say the same thing about the Chiefs not stopping the Bills on their mircle touchdowns?  In reality, the Bill's were super fortunate to be winning the game with 13 sec to go. Most Chiefs fans probably would think they deserved to win if they had lost. Can't say I disagree with that because Allen to Davis Tds were almost surreal in real time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Unfortunately, this loss could be considered such a failure. Nothing is promised from year to year. Aaron Rodgers hasn't had another hack at a Superbowl in a long time, for example. Gotta capitalize on every opportunity, every game.

Yep, we had a clear path to the Lombardi this year.  I don’t think we’ll ever have an easier path.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I’m with you. I don’t want to Allen to be another Marino or Kelly. Dude deserves better, as did the two I just mentioned

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.